Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

Review - Hallmark Darth Vader ornament

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi all!

It soon time to go out into the woods and get that perfect christmas tree, like the Griswolds:

lightfromheaventree.jpg

And what do you put into the tree? A Hallmark LEGO Darth Vader of course :hmpf:!!!

So here´s a quick review - enjoy!

gallery_148_169_97907.jpg

Front of the box.

gallery_148_169_148412.jpg

Back of the box.

gallery_148_169_23868.jpg

The wrapping.

gallery_148_169_72699.jpggallery_148_169_9255.jpg

Front & back.

gallery_148_169_58489.jpggallery_148_169_7867.jpg

Sideview2.

gallery_148_169_53968.jpg

Ze bottom.

gallery_148_169_95847.jpg

And I thought Goodzilla was BIG :oh:?

The figure is well sculptured and looks really nice. The cape is made of the same material as the rest of the fig so it´s solid. If you´re a SW nerd like me, this is a given for your tree.

I've been wondering about this item for awhile, while I thought it was awesome, I wasn't sure whether the quality was up to par. I'm glad it is, now I just need to get a hold of this. Does anyone know the availability of the product, is it widely available at Hallmark stores, or is it an extremely limited item?

Thanks for the review. :classic:

But I'm still wondering what's the height of it.

Anyway, it still looks pretty good to me.

Edited by Hollander

Now I understand why that hook is there. Stupid me. :blush:

It kind of reminds me of the rings on minifigure keychains. I wonder if these could be removed the same way... :devil:

...I finally got a chance to drop by the Hallmark store in one of the malls near where I live yesterday afternoon, intent of checking the Darth Vader ornament... the price is $14.99 but unfortunately, the store I went to was already sold out... I asked if it can be special ordered, so the helpful sales associate took my name and phone number, just in case one is located in another store (somewhere)... I was also informed that their store sold out of it as this is one of their most popular ornament this year... so cross my fingers, hoping I'd get one...

Well thanks alot CM! I have now ordered this from ebay and knowing Hallmark these will become some kind of collection! Something else for me to try and keep up with! :laugh:

Very nice though! :wub:

It kind of reminds me of the rings on minifigure keychains. I wonder if these could be removed the same way... :devil:

Now that you mention it, this could be a great ornament without the hook too. I would never remove it if I bought one, though.

I WANT ONE! :cry2:

Thanks for the review. :classic:

But I'm still wondering what's the height of it.

Anyway, it still looks pretty good to me.

Ok, here´s a comparison picture of the Vader ornament and Xmas Vader :sweet::

gallery_148_169_33451.jpg

Fortunately my wife is mildly indulgent with my love of Lego and Star Wars so I put her on a mission to get this as soon as she saw it for me, because I was afraid it might become scarce, and wouldn't be able to get it...

I expected it to be minifig size, but I like the size. Can't wait to see it on the tree. I wonder if they could have made it so that it can plug into a string of lights, so the lightsaber would light? Now that would have been great! :vader:

Managed to pick this one up at my local Hallmark store today, and have to say it's pretty great! They were sold out, and I was allowed to buy the display piece, but the cashiers were saying they might get more shipments in.

This is actually not the first Hallmark Lego ornament, just look at this 16 year old piece: Here

Ok, here´s a comparison picture of the Vader ornament and Xmas Vader :sweet::

[snip]

Thanks for the picture. I thought it was way bigger. :tongue: