Oky

MOC: Transforming Batmobile

Gordon: "Come in, Batman, we need you! The Joker is terrorizing the city with giant toys!"

Batman: "I'm on my way, Commissioner!"

6333266277_c56d4eab2f_z.jpg

Hello, everyone. This is my entry for the Superheroes Unite contest and the Wheels Of Justice contest on FBTB. It's the incredible transforming Batmobile, Batman's latest means of transportation and crime fighting! It is loosely based on the one from the cartoon series Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

6333266283_6f442866db_z.jpg

it features a large bat head in the front and a powerful thruster in the back.

6333266289_e620908d8f_m.jpg 6333266295_bfd2b11522_m.jpg

It's very long and sleek, just like a Batmobile should be, and the windscreen opens up for Batman to jump inside.

6333266301_9a1d2242a9_z.jpg

Here's Bats at the wheel, ready for action.

6334025794_839508c398_z.jpg

Why is it called the Transforming Batmobile, you ask? Well, by moving a few piece around...

6334025796_1bf155aed2_z.jpg

... it can turn into a giant Bat-mech!

6333279525_b78f24d522_z.jpg

6333279535_77cb4b84a6_m.jpg 6333279537_3a17890e8e_m.jpg 6334025798_eb652fdf6f_m.jpg

The thruster of the Batmobile becomes the jetpack of the Batmech!

6333288979_afc4a5c5d7_z.jpg

The Batmech is highly poseable! Here are some action poses: "Bring it on!"

6333279533_fc8132fd0b_z.jpg

Batmech, ATTACK!!

6333279527_bcf54f15bb_z.jpg

Flight pose! "Up, up, and away!"

6333288981_3ff463951c_z.jpg

And finally, Batman posing next to his sweet ride!

6334025802_40223d0b9f_z.jpg

Here's a video of it transforming! I recommend watching it in HD or at least on fullscreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbPOZqbShsY

And for comparison, here's a clip of the Batmobile from Batman: The Brave and the Bold:

Well, that's it for now. If you want to see more pictures, check out this Flickr set. Any C&C would be appreciated.

Tune in next time for my next Bat-MOC! Same Bat time, same Bat channel! :grin:

To the Batmobile! :devil:

Absolutely stunning and really cool !

Commissioner Gordon : "Oh I need to get one of those !"

Looking forward to your next MOC! Same Bat time, same Bat channel ! :wink:

That is clever!

I can see that fighting against the soon to be released Lex Luthor's Mech :sweet:

One thing I'd do is maybe make the head slightly smaller?

An outstanding, MOC! :classic: You outdone yourself, Oky! ) :sweet:

For me transformer concept was always a mystery since I can never understand how people manage to do it! All i ever could do was transform a rubber ducky into a car! :hmpf_bad:

Great job! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

pretty cool concept and execution, i am a long time fan of transformers so this is really stunning indeed, personally for me the head is a lil big and flat for my liking, otherwise AWESOME!

Great work! Love your moc!

I just love when vehicles have a space for mf, and yours transforms on top of that! :thumbup:

You did it...

You combined the greatness of Transformers with the even-greater-ness of Batman. :cry_happy:

Although I'm not a fan of the show, or the idea of Batman having a giant robot, that's the source material's problem, and this is still a great MOC. :thumbup:

Also, how come we haven't seen any Arkham-verse MOC's here? I might have to make one myself. :devil:

Another great Batman MOC for the contest!

this one is incredibly well executed, and a brilliant example of a transforming MOC. While I agree the head could perhaps do with being a little smaller, I think it also contributes to the cartoony aesthetic which goes well with the whole idea behind this MOC so I can understand why it's there and it's certainly still very cool. I think my favourite little detail here though is the way the hands of the mech look when in vehicle mode - looks like some really cool little intakes or something :thumbup:

best of luck with the competition, every time I see a new entry the standard just keeps getting higher and higher!

Very impressive!

To create a good and cool looking batmobile is hard enough (and that's a great batmobile, btw), but for a combination of two cool looking, transforming MOCs within one build you need highest building skills (and a degree in engineering).

Transforming toys tend to look awkward in at least one possible form, but your MOC is totally cool in every way!

Thanks, for sharing that with us!

I suddenly remember the hideous Marvel Transformers from Hasbro. Looking at the Transforming Batmobile makes me really wonder why they didn't came up with something like this.

Anyway, fantastic MOC! Especially the idea to fold the Bat mask at the frond up to form the robot's head is neat. I also really appreciate how well it looks in both modes.

very impressive building.

As it has been said, this kind of construction is really not easy, it must be nice

in the 2 different shape and all articulations must be hidden and you totaly manage it !

but.. yes there is a "but" ! In my own, this kind of transformation is not appropriate to a BatMobile.

I don't think that it stuck to a Bat Spirit

Please understand me Oki, your moc is very impressive, very ingenious and so well done and I think you'll have all your chance for the contest but despite all those things, I do not feel any bat attitude in it.

There were transforming batmobiles in the Kingdom Come story line. Seventy year old Bruce Wayne used them to control the streets of Gotham when he couldn't.

WOW!!! This would be such an awesome set for the DC Super Heroes line - I hope Lego is taking notes. Absolutely amazing! Looks great as a batmobile, and the robot is just :wub:

The hood ornament makes the piece.

Aside: Oky, I saw you entered some MOCs into the Lego Super Hero contest - including that awesome Mr Freeze lab. Good luck!

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone! :cry_happy: It really thaws my heart of ice. :grin:

I can see that fighting against the soon to be released Lex Luthor's Mech :sweet:

One thing I'd do is maybe make the head slightly smaller?

Oh please, Lex's puny tin can on legs is no match for the Batmech! :devil: Hehe, but maybe I'll post a pic here with them together here once I get that set. :wink:

As for the head... yeah, it came out a bit larger than I intended, but for me it still works.

All i ever could do was transform a rubber ducky into a car! :hmpf_bad:

:head_back:

Also, how come we haven't seen any Arkham-verse MOC's here? I might have to make one myself. :devil:

Probably because people are lacking the minifigures to do so. Except for Batman and Joker, all characters look very different from their usual incarnations. Would be great if you could make one though.

In my own, this kind of transformation is not appropriate to a BatMobile.

I don't think that it stuck to a Bat Spirit

It's a giant robot bat! How much more Bat spirit can you get? :head_back:

Just kidding. I know where you're coming from.

This would be such an awesome set for the DC Super Heroes line - I hope Lego is taking notes.

Yeah, me too. I'm secretly hoping that the real reason for the Superheroes contest is for TLG to get ideas for what kind of sets to produce. :tongue:

That Batmobile is FANTASTIC! The bit where it transformed though...not so much.

How so? Because of the way it transforms, the way the mech looks, or just the controversial idea of Bats driving a Transformer?

To the Batmobile! :devil:

(Gosh, I miss Batbrick! :cry_sad: )