Sign in to follow this  
Zane

Is a seperate Star Wars forum needed?

Is a seperate Star Wars forum needed?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is a seperate Star Wars forum needed?

• Yes
    • No

The idea was brought up in a topic somewhere....so I thought I'd make a poll....don't vote if you're not sure. Just think about it before voting. ;-)

Also, this isn't really about whether you want a subforum, it's if you think one is needed....

I don't think one is needed, I mean the Theater forum is here for all licensed themes, and Star Wars is just one of them. Yes, it dominates the forum, but that happens. Right now Ninja is dominating the History forum, but that doesn't mean we need a Ninja forum ;-) *waits for Brickster/Brick Miner to come in and correct him about that* :-P

*waits for Brickster/Brick Miner to come in and correct him about that* :-P
no, not a ninja forum... i'll take a western forum though :-D :-D :-D

...wait, i might be the only one in it |-/

- BrickMiner

I'll hold off on a vote until I know more.

Any word on how long Lego and Lucas are going to be waking up in the morning next to each other, or is such a thing not known? Seems like it's been forever... as I can't remember the last totally Lego-designed space sets... Life on Mars in 2001, yes?

I'll hold off on a vote until I know more.

Any word on how long Lego and Lucas are going to be waking up in the morning next to each other, or is such a thing not known? Seems like it's been forever... as I can't remember the last totally Lego-designed space sets... Life on Mars in 2001, yes?

Yup...if you can really call that "Space"...

Before that was Insectiods in 2000, and UFO in '98

funny thing... a majority votes 'yes', but none actually post something... if you want a seperate sw forum, go to fbtb, they've got dozens... we wouldn't gain anything from it though, nothing we actually want anyway, like great new members...

I voted yes but not really for star wars a reason. I think the other lines get lost in all the star wars disscusion. There is only 2 topics at the moment (other than yoda's great pinned links) that are not star wars. so a seperate forum would give the other lines a better chance for disscusion rather than getting shoved of the bottom of the page by all the star wars topics.

There is a separate pirates forum, so why not a separate Star Wars forum.

I guess there are more Star Wars fans than pirate fans.

And the number will grow since LEGO still has a licence for some years....

I think it would be a smart move for the future of the EB forum.

I vote YES!

funny thing... a majority votes 'yes', but none actually post something... if you want a seperate sw forum, go to fbtb, they've got dozens... we wouldn't gain anything from it though, nothing we actually want anyway, like great new members...

Never thought we'd agree ^^

OK, I voted "yes". I liked the premise of FBTB. I left because it was marred by a bunch of pr1cks. A FBTB without said people could be excellent. And Yes, SW has almost taken over the "theatre" area so having its own area would make space for other lines.

I voted for no. I don't think we need one, while it is true that Starwars is taking up most of the Theater forum, I don't think there's enough discussion of other theater themes besides Starwars. I think if we made a new Starwars forum, what's left of the theater section would get hardly any posts.

Just my opinion. :-)

i voted for no..i mean where would we stop? batman forum? exo-force forum? seperate train and city forum? *wacko*

it would get a bit confusing for my taste..

arent things working out as they are?

How 'bout a seperate forum for every single line here? And line them up alphabetically, then you'd have to scroll for half an hour to get to SW...

Somehow everybody seems to be concerned about EB's forums structure lately. I'm sure the admin staff does their best to improve EB and so far they haven't disappointed. So, why not leave it to them to surprise us every now and then...

Oh yeah, I voted "no"...

Oh, just for the record, I voted no. ;)

That's new, starting a poll about something you don't like/want... ;-)

OK, I voted "yes". I liked the premise of FBTB. I left because it was marred by a bunch of pr1cks. A FBTB without said people could be excellent. And Yes, SW has almost taken over the "theatre" area so having its own area would make space for other lines.

well look at it from another side: if star wars already dominates the theatre, then why would it need a seperate forum anyway, it gets all the attention it needs obviously. second, the other licenses have had their best moment a couple of months ago, when batman was released and all about starwars was mor or less quiet, and hp... well... there hasn't been any new set so...

I voted yes. Everyone before me is right, yet they're also missing the point. Since SW dominates Theater, a new SW forum would allow people to post in the Theater forum without needing to compete for people's attention with SW. If the LEGO Theater forum became non-SW, people who visited it would be coming for non-SW licensed properties, and it might get more hits. A SW forum could also have a SW MOC subforum, helping keep the general MOC forum cleaner. Oh well, just my thoughts.

I voted yes. Everyone before me is right, yet they're also missing the point. Since SW dominates Theater, a new SW forum would allow people to post in the Theater forum without needing to compete for people's attention with SW. If the LEGO Theater forum became non-SW, people who visited it would be coming for non-SW licensed properties, and it might get more hits. A SW forum could also have a SW MOC subforum, helping keep the general MOC forum cleaner. Oh well, just my thoughts.

But that's just the thing, if we took away Star Wars from the theater the remaining theater section would be dead. We get posts and threads for specific themes as we get news of new sets for said themes. When Batman came out the entire forum was filled with Batman threads, but now look, it's dead. These things come and go, and while the theater section would come alive when more licenses came out, they would quickly die again in a month or two. Star Wars doesn't even get THAT many threads. Sure, it dominates the theater section, but it's not like the theater section is insanely active or something.

As for the Star Wars MOC subforum...we don't get many (if any) Star Wars MOCs in the first place. If we start adding all these new forums, sub forums, and subsub forums, the place would be so difficult to navigate that forums would be lost, most people wouldn't even know they were there!

Not like I'm bashing your idea, I can definitely see where you're coming from, these are just MY two cents, explaining why I feel the way I feel :-)

Oh, just for the record, I voted no. ;)

That's new, starting a poll about something you don't like/want... ;-)

It is? I tend to make polls just out of interest....that's how I am.... :-$

:-P Yes.Star Wars is such a big theme,and besides,it is annoying to look through hundreds of Nickelodeon sets and Batman topics,before i finally found that one SW topic i looked for :-P .

*waits for Brickster/Brick Miner to come in and correct him about that* :-P

no, not a ninja forum... i'll take a western forum though :-D :-D :-D

...wait, i might be the only one in it |-/

- BrickMiner

I voted no, but I like SW. I concur with BM in regard to NOT having a separate Ninja forum nor a separate WW forum. I miss the days when Pirates were part of the History/Adventure forum. I find myself not even visiting the Stockade because it's just limited to pirate-related topics. It's too much. The same would happen to SW or whatever theme you create as a stand alone forum.

This is one of the things I like most about Eurobricks. The diversity is fun. As you start separating themes, it becomes more like a Web Site desicated to a single theme. *sad* *sad*

I think the proponents of the "no" depicted very well the situation. And they are also the oldest members, which means they have a better understanding of how things work around (and why it works). And even with a 100 yes for 1 no I wouldn't do it anyway, so...

I miss the days when Pirates were part of the History/Adventure forum. I find myself not even visiting the Stockade because it's just limited to pirate-related topics. It's too much. The same would happen to SW or whatever theme you create as a stand alone forum.

I agree, but we had to separate it due to the volume of posts : the other themes were suffocating. Pirates are also special in the way that there is no dedicated website to that theme and that we have the biggets forum related to this theme.

isn't it time we close this discussion? it's quite clear that whatever the arguments or frustrations, there will not be a seperate SW forum here on EB. i also think that every one has had the chance to speak his mind, why don't we just leave it at that?