Yatkuu

U2 ZOO TV Stage

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

On November 19 2011, "Achtung Baby" is turning 20 years old... well... this is my birthday present to this mythical album!

final_stage-ss.jpg

On Wikipedia, the Zoo TV tour is described as an "elaborately-staged multimedia event"... Truth is, it is hard to describe this show, it was something new, improbable, insane! The Trabants, the giant screens, MacPhisto and the Fly, the prank phone calls... It is a masterpiece of pop culture!

A huge thanks to my friend Pixel Fox for his help with the Photoshopping!

trabs_finals-ss.jpg

The Trabants… I think only the band really knows why it the world they choose to use Trabants as spotlights on the ZOO TV stage…now it’s history.

The cars were painted by the artist

If after having seen these pictures you hear a voice inside of you shouting that "it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky"... Well, I have a little extra something for you...

Turn up the volume, click on this link and prepare yourself for 50 seconds of happiness!

Enjoy!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This is wonderful! :wub:

The detail you've put into the stage-set is fantastic - all the antennae and the sattelite dish! It looks just like the staging of the real concert, and the Trabants!! :laugh: I'm so glad you showed the Trabants up close - they are greats MOCs on their own, and the coloured patterns really hark back to how they'd been painted for the tour. Even if they weren't U2's Trabants to dangle over your stage, they'd be cute little vehicles in their own right. :sweet:

When you said you were planning this MOC I wondered how you were going to suspend the Trabants, and you've come up with a great way of doing so; the staggered height really makes them look like they are dangling slightly precariously to light the stage.

Great work! :thumbup:

Great work! :thumbup:

Thank you for this great feedback! I was really looking forward to read the opinion of someone who is also into U2. I knew I would not be able to reproduce exactly the original stage so I tried to do something "inspired by it" and I was hoping I would not loose the essence of the show in the process.

Yeah, the Trabants are cute little cars - I will probably not be able to keep the stage built for very long because that thing is pretty huge and eating up all my building space... but I'll certainly keep the cars.

What did you think of the video?

As a fan of U2 and seeing them in concert on this particular tour all I can is that is just awesome!!!

Hi guys, I'm digging up this thread because if you liked my U2 LEGO builds you will perhaps be interested in supporting my entry in the Achtung Baby collage! It's a contest organized by the band to create a fan-made cover of Achtung Baby - it would be pretty cool to have LEGO in there!

I have submitted my rendition of the ZOO TV Stage, if you want to support me you may cast your vote at this address.

Thanks!

Edited by Yatkuu

Haha, I like this - coincidentally I just wanted to do myself U2's ZOO TV stage from 1993 finding out you have already did it many years ago - looks interesting, but still not THAT STAGE quite enough...anyway as I said good model! :thumbup: