Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Hello fellow guildsmen I present you my watchtower.

Located near Kaliphin Borders.

Greetings. :classic:

Desert Plains Tower also known as "Tower of Remembrance", is located on the proximity desert of the Kaliphin Guild, more than a watchtower it is an advance point where explorers gather to patrol the border and mantain secure the trade routes from bandits and drow. Mounted scouts train here on harsh conditions, results of these trainings are the best scouts in all the southern region.

The tower itself holds more than a strategic value as safe passage to the south as it also enables some sort of communication to other towers using a variation from the spy glass, but also is dedicated to a fallen hero.

Crusat Owain a companion and friend of Master Arturus Rex wich in the war against Darkness inflicted a devastating damage to the enemy on these plains, unfortunately fell on the midst of battle, but his memory endures.

dsc01781.jpg

dsc01775.jpg

This is the thread of it:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62963

Edited by Niku

Well done to all members with your latest builds! Some great stuff coming through recently :thumbup:

As you know, we have yet to build up our capital, or name it. So we will soon be doing just that. A plan is being produced by our master architects which will show the layout for the capital and have the list of each building and parts that make it up. All of you will then have the chance to choose a part to build, allowing everyone to take part in building our mighty capital, as it would be a bit too much for just one person! This is a chance to show how mighty Avalonia is, as our capital will be one of Avalonia's greatest landmarks. So lets make it stand out as the mightiest capital in Historica!

I noticed someone mention that Avalonia should have buildings built from timber. A nice idea, but not easy to build for people with small collections. Avalonia is the 'classic' medieval land,with stone towers and half-timbered houses. The two can be combined for a very interesting effect, so rather than having a plain stone-built capital, our aim should be to give it a fantasy look with many half-timbered rooms and extentions jutting out from the walls and some interesting tower designs.

This is a great picture of a mighty capital!

camelot.jpg

As well as our capital, both the Mystic Isles and Enchanted forest will have castle/strongholds as well, which we can build at a later date.

This particular picture looks like something that would be found in the Mystic Isles. It has that feel to it and would be a great scene to build.

a41259bc6857.jpg

The final plan for our capital will be ready soon, then you will all be able to build which part you wish and however you want to build it :classic:

The protype Avalonian "Heavy Metal" horse armor is ready for any Avalonian who is in need of blueprint's. This is the best horse armor in all the land.

avalonianarmor3.jpg

avalonianarmor1.jpg

My engineers have been working on crossbow turret's. They may soon be fitted with telescope aim.

avalonianarmor4.jpg

Here is a very rough wip pic of my round one tower entry. Just keep in mind it's maybe eight percent done. Maybe five. I'm going to take my time.

avalonianarmor5.jpg

'Heavy Metal Horse' - Awesome!!! Built like a tank, a charge from a group of these would do serious damage! Nice one :thumbup:

'Heavy Metal Horse' - Awesome!!! Built like a tank, a charge from a group of these would do serious damage! Nice one :thumbup:

The muscle the horse gets from wearing it makes it hit like a train.

That looks awesome!!! Do you have instructions? I have also been developing new weaponry for our troops. Coming soon..

Yes. I'll post a topic for them when I wake up later.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

@ Captain BeerBeard

That heavy horse armor looks great, it reminds me a cataphract type of armor.

Just maybe the unicorn horn is somehow too big.

And indeed a charge from a group of mounted guys will be a force to be reckoned with. :thumbup:

Just maybe the unicorn horn is somehow too big.

I think with the size of the rest of it, the horn looks good!

@ ZCerberus

Well considering is a massive and powerful armor, the look of the horn is fine.

But I will like something a little more menacing. :tongue:

The protype Avalonian "Heavy Metal" horse armor is ready for any Avalonian who is in need of blueprint's. This is the best horse armor in all the land.

<snip>

Blue prints for that fantastic horse armour. I'm in. I really want to use that armour (except with a smaller horn(I don't have any that size)).

Unfortunaltely i want to report that King Lionus The Brave has changed his mind about the allience with Avalonia.

According to the rumors he is negotiating with the nocturnus.

Edited by timura

Well done to all members with your latest builds! Some great stuff coming through recently :thumbup:

As you know, we have yet to build up our capital, or name it. So we will soon be doing just that. A plan is being produced by our master architects which will show the layout for the capital and have the list of each building and parts that make it up. All of you will then have the chance to choose a part to build, allowing everyone to take part in building our mighty capital, as it would be a bit too much for just one person! This is a chance to show how mighty Avalonia is, as our capital will be one of Avalonia's greatest landmarks. So lets make it stand out as the mightiest capital in Historica!

I noticed someone mention that Avalonia should have buildings built from timber. A nice idea, but not easy to build for people with small collections. Avalonia is the 'classic' medieval land,with stone towers and half-timbered houses. The two can be combined for a very interesting effect, so rather than having a plain stone-built capital, our aim should be to give it a fantasy look with many half-timbered rooms and extentions jutting out from the walls and some interesting tower designs.

This is a great picture of a mighty capital!

As well as our capital, both the Mystic Isles and Enchanted forest will have castle/strongholds as well, which we can build at a later date.

This particular picture looks like something that would be found in the Mystic Isles. It has that feel to it and would be a great scene to build.

The final plan for our capital will be ready soon, then you will all be able to build which part you wish and however you want to build it :classic:

I'm looking forward to build a part of our great capital. Is there a date, when the list comes out?

Are there details to consider like everyone shall build a part of the town wall including a defending tower?

Is in our great Capital space for a private house of every Lord?

Unfortunaltely i want to report that King Lionus The Brave has changed his mind about the allience with Avalonia.

According to the rumors he is negotiating with the nocturnus.

Sure?

I'm looking forward to build a part of our great capital. Is there a date, when the list comes out?

Are there details to consider like everyone shall build a part of the town wall including a defending tower?

Sure?

I think all needed information shall be appearing after december 15 wich is the end of round 1. Meanwhile we could build our internal guild challenges. :classic:

Details are getting worked out. Part of the consideration is that Avalonia is a large guild, and I do not think we need 30 towers or 30 different wall sections if everyone had that as a task. Also not everyone has the bricks to build a large tower to defend our capital and even if they did, not everyone wants to build another tower either. I know Artorious Rex is kicking around a few ideas, but I think he will definitely be offering choices on what people want to build. Part of offering choices though is deciding who gets to build what if many people have interest in the same thing. It may take a little bit of time to work through all the kinks. It is also important to remember that though our leader wants people to have lots of freedom in designing what they want, we also want some reasonable sense of scale and cohesion too. It is a tough task, so Artorious is figuring out what will work best for everyone.

There would probably be room, and there is likely the opportunity for members to design a home that will be in the capital, but I would guess many Lords or champions spend much time residing over their own lands in their own homes.

Yes, Zcerberus has made some important points. We are working on a capital plan for you to build, but we need to make it accessible for everyone. There will be a list of all the different parts and buildings for you to each choose and build, but it is up to you to choose something that you know you suits you and your collection. For example, there is no point choosing a gatehouse just for the sake of it, if you know you havn't got enough bricks to do your best effort. So when it comes to choosing a part to make, try and pick something you know you are comfortable doing and able to give your best. There will be a lot of variety, from Gate houses, towers, battlements, market stalls, shops of all kinds, Inns, houses of all kinds, Keeps, etc, so I hope you will all find something you are happy and confident building. Also, like Z has said, even though you can build each part your own way, remember that as its all one capital city, there will need to be a bit of cohesion so that each part does look kind of like it belongs with every other part. It would be a bit weird if there was a row of houses with a forestman's tree hideout stuck in the middle of them, so it will be a tough task. But if we work together and pull it off, then we will have a mighty capital that we can be proud of, thats unrivaled in the world of Historia.

Even though this is not a main challenge, the point system will be up soon and a lot of these builds will be used to represent our guild and earn us points, which lead to prizes. Who knows what the prizes could be...fancy a spot of Jousting anyone? :wink:

Greetings noble members of Avalonia. I Ranger Kydern son of Karaough have returned from my many travels throughout Historia.

At last after many weeks of travel, the combined forces of Kydern and Lord Wyvern have assembled at the capital.

Lord Wyvern flies the green banners and I, Ranger Kydern fly the mighty colors of Avalonia! Along with Lord Wyvern, Verlion the wizard and fellow forestman David.

We are now out your disposal Derfel Cadarn.

6438815401_1b45c6859f.jpg

Eurobricks by K.Kreations, on Flickr

I also would like to introduce the tower of Kydenon.

6438814807_037c61086f.jpg

Eurobricks by K.Kreations, on Flickr

C&C are always welcome!

Edited by K.Kreations

Scratch my Crownie High King of Historia idea. I'll have my sigfig soon. :wink: I'll order parts from Bricklink when I am able to. Until then, I'll just tell you the components os my sigfig.

Golden Knight Helmet W/ Visor & Three Green Plumes

Golden Knight Legs

Golden Knight Arms

Dragon Knight Quarters Torso

Grey Hands (Gloves)

Dragon Armor (Escape From Dragons' Prison)

Green Cape

Dragon Knight Long Shield (Escape From Dragons' Prison)

White Horse W/ Golden Unicorn Helmet & Gold Horn W/ Dragon Barding

Dark Pearl Grey Sword

Sound good? :sweet:

Sounds fun!

Yes, Zcerberus has made some important points. We are working on a capital plan for you to build, but we need to make it accessible for everyone. There will be a list of all the different parts and buildings for you to each choose and build, but it is up to you to choose something that you know you suits you and your collection. For example, there is no point choosing a gatehouse just for the sake of it, if you know you havn't got enough bricks to do your best effort. So when it comes to choosing a part to make, try and pick something you know you are comfortable doing and able to give your best. There will be a lot of variety, from Gate houses, towers, battlements, market stalls, shops of all kinds, Inns, houses of all kinds, Keeps, etc, so I hope you will all find something you are happy and confident building. Also, like Z has said, even though you can build each part your own way, remember that as its all one capital city, there will need to be a bit of cohesion so that each part does look kind of like it belongs with every other part. It would be a bit weird if there was a row of houses with a forestman's tree hideout stuck in the middle of them, so it will be a tough task. But if we work together and pull it off, then we will have a mighty capital that we can be proud of, thats unrivaled in the world of Historia.

Even though this is not a main challenge, the point system will be up soon and a lot of these builds will be used to represent our guild and earn us points, which lead to prizes. Who knows what the prizes could be...fancy a spot of Jousting anyone? :wink:

Here are the blueprints for the Avalonian "Heavy Metal" horse armor.

Step 1

This is where all the magic happens. with this you can do so much. You can flip those 1x2 things and make wings for your horse if you want.

armor1.jpg

Step 2

You put on a 2x4 on both sides. You don't have to put it on yet I'm just showing that piece goes there.

armor2.jpg

Step 3

You can use different sizes or shapes here for your own custom design.

armor3.jpg

Step 4

armor4.jpg

Step 5

Put some stuff on it to make it look cool. Don't forget to put chains on it.

armor5.jpg

Step 6

Make your horse head armor look crazy.

armor6.jpg

armor0.jpg

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Prelim shot of the Dragon's Tongue Watchtower.

watchtower.jpg

Looking good sir! I like the added Avalonia colours built in and the interesting stone details. What's that in the background, a secret castle?

My Liege!

This siege workshop is up and running and are producing the little ballistas I shown before. I thought that it was time that Avalonia could use some industry...

6441167193_b74bc4ccab.jpg

Siege Workshop by de Gothia, on Flickr

My topic is found here

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63018

K.Kreations: Great army and tower you got there! Glad to see Avalonian Coast Towers!

Jason Cicchini : Great tower! I agree with our great leader that it´s really nice that you built in our colours in the tower!

Edited by de Gothia

Nice creations everyone¡

@ de Gothia your siege workshop has a real and busy atmosphere, I like the board, is that a custom?

@ Jason, well not only good at maps, but building too. Elegant tower with that mix of green colors. :thumbup:

@ K.Kreations I missed to comment that I love your front top of the tower with that combination of round and tiles pieces.

@ Captain BeerBeard thanks for the instructions, and the horn piece combined looks better. :devil:

@ Derfel and ZCerberus, I am really curious about this new building project you are creating.

Can´t wait to read it. :classic: