Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

As far as titles, yeah, I really don't care if I'm Lord High king of the whatever (palm trees? :tongue: ) or not, just that it would give me more ideas (actually I'm not lacking on those right now. Just need to figure out which one to do first... :tongue: )

And Ska... to what were you referring when you said the newest mini-story? (Sure sign that I've been writing too much today... :tongue: )

Edit: I must really be tired. I used three of the same faces in a row...

Edited by Kai NRG

Freebuild for Kaliphlin made while waiting for an order to finish The Battle.

It's a prelude for that battle, fitting the minichallenge made by Ska :laugh:

For Challenge 6, I guess everyone is planning some sort of gigantic battle and they all lived happily ever after? I am thinking, what in the world would convince us to leave the safety of the sacred sites? I might just sit and wait for Victor to run out of food, even if it takes 50 years.

:classic:

Haha, I got a really good reason for hunting Victor :classic:

Too bad the drows are gone

Also, we were convinced that even Victor would not be able to conquer our city, so we never really went to a sacred site :blush:

For Challenge 6, I guess everyone is planning some sort of gigantic battle and they all lived happily ever after? I am thinking, what in the world would convince us to leave the safety of the sacred sites? I might just sit and wait for Victor to run out of food, even if it takes 50 years.

:laugh::rofl: Actually I'm not exactly planning a gigantic battle as I'd probably have a pretty ridiculously small "army"... but because of the way my story was constructed, I actually didn't sit out on a sacred site for very long, so I don't think I should have too much of a problem getting around the battle scene... I hope!

It's a shame that my freebuild will be too big for the mini challenge. I started it a few weeks ago, and should be wrapped up in a couple of days. But, it is on 4 32x32 baseplates.....it does serve as a prelude to CVI. Also, just to bridge the storyline on my character from when he returned to the Citadel of the Moon and what he is doing at the time of this new challenge

Well, I don't really think the idea of the mini-challenge was that everyone would turn their next free build into and entry... but rather that we'd build more. But I can certainly understand wanting to kill two birds with one stone...

Anyway, great to hear that we do seem to have a few free builds on their way! Keep em coming guys! Unfortunately I probably won't have a chance to build much or even post much for the next two weeks. I should be able to drop in a couple times but I won't get to do a whole lot...

I expressed myself wrong I suppose,

I build it thanks to the minichallenge of Ska. Otherwise I would never thought about doing a scene like that :classic:

DaMaximus, sorry, I wasn't referring to you; I understood that you meant this was something extra that you wouldn't have normally built!

I am not sure what kind of battle scene I may have for the challenge itself. I actually thought about drawing a name out of a hat of all the current Historica members and make their fig kill Revolword in a sneak attack... haha. I think I would feel odd if Dugal got the kill. I am just not sold on a major battle scene as one of my entries yet. However, I do hope to do another "send your troops" battle as a prelude. Mainly because I want to create some lore that will stick, and test my game rules again. This time I won't announce it a day before it happens, but a couple weeks out. Probably in mid-February.

As for waiting him out. With a normal enemy I think that would be pretty wise, but with one that can conjure so much destruction, we probably need to face him head on.

I'm tempted to make a scene where someone beat my characters to killing Victor Revolword. They find the body, and make sure he stays dead.

I'm tempted to make a scene where someone beat my characters to killing Victor Revolword. They find the body, and make sure he stays dead.

It was the I.A.M.S. !!!

Because I will make a scene where one of the assassins kicks Victor out of the highest tower in Cedrica :laugh:

As for waiting him out. With a normal enemy I think that would be pretty wise, but with one that can conjure so much destruction, we probably need to face him head on.

Well, we're safe in the sacred sites and we've got food and water, so why risk dying?

I am thinking how to differentiate. I predict most stories will be "there was a big fight which we won and we all lived happily ever after", especially from our friends to the West and North - I can't compete on building time, bricks or skill on that one. So, how to differentiate? There wasn't a fight and Victor had a heart attack? We lose the fight? The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man turns up and we cross the streams? Victor killed by spies? The 4 champions escape somehow? An epic multi-generational rags to riches to rags to riches story of dynastic feuds and boddice-ripping romance? Just kicking ideas around. This challenge is judged not voted, so what will appeal to our overlords?

Well, we're safe in the sacred sites and we've got food and water, so why risk dying?

I am thinking how to differentiate. I predict most stories will be "there was a big fight which we won and we all lived happily ever after", especially from our friends to the West and North - I can't compete on building time, bricks or skill on that one. So, how to differentiate? There wasn't a fight and Victor had a heart attack? We lose the fight? The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man turns up and we cross the streams? Victor killed by spies? The 4 champions escape somehow? An epic multi-generational rags to riches to rags to riches story of dynastic feuds and boddice-ripping romance? Just kicking ideas around. This challenge is judged not voted, so what will appeal to our overlords?

Hahaha that's true :laugh:

I got Sir Bath Manee Taimes (a.k.a. Batman for most here) in my army, so forget the Marshmallow Man :laugh:

alleenridders_pi_8.jpg

Great point -- how to differentiate (the story, besides in the design of the build). I'm still working out the storyline, and I don't want to give too much away, but one idea I'm kicking around is that if the sacred sites protect us from the elementals, which are Revolword's main henchbeings, what if we could bring the [sacred] mountain to Mohammed, er, Victor?

Or I could just send two measly hobbits to sneak into Mordor and do away with Victor while our main army creates a major battle as a distraction, or perhaps there's a whole Luke-I-am-your-father-together-we-can-rule-Historica-as-father-and-son twist...

Or I could just send two measly hobbits to sneak into Mordor and do away with Victor while our main army creates a major battle as a distraction...

Snap, I knew my story remembered me of something, now I know what again :laugh:

Okay, I'll need to brainstorm about this really soon :sceptic:

or perhaps there's a whole Luke-I-am-your-father-together-we-can-rule-Historica-as-father-and-son twist...

*GASP*

Where are the hidden cameras! How do you know about this! I have not said a word, and now my original story has been destroyed! Thanks, "Nice"Marmot. I thought I had a chance this round. :tongue:

I'm starting to get really excited with what people will come up with.

The Hobbit idea is funny, in that I had a very similar idea that even involved 'Aragorn' at the gates of Mordor causing a distraction! Back to the drawing board

Maybe I'll do like the Expendables and just gather a bunch of big name figs from all over Historica to come in and blow everything up :devil:

Edited by Kayne

Honeytrap? Would Victor ever sing , "I'm so ronery?"

The Hobbit idea is funny, in that I had a very similar idea that even involved 'Aragorn' at the gates of Mordor causing a distraction! Back to the drawing board

Maybe I'll do like the Expendables and just gather a bunch of big name figs from all over Historica to come in and blow everything up :devil:

That sounds like a good idea :thumbup: Still not sure what my story's going to be :sceptic:

Honeytrap? Would Victor ever sing , "I'm so ronery?"

Oh good God, yes. Heck, lets just stage a whole minifig musical / opera about the destruction of Victor.

There was too much goodness in the above posts to quote everyone. But you all have uncovered my plan to send hobbits to mount Cedrica only to find victor waiting for them to tell one that he is their father, while being controlled by an even greater power. Victor, after-all is the apprentice. Big twist... Jar Jar Binks is the master! And... the hobbits are already dead and just think they are alive. M. Night Shyamalan this sucker up.

Edited by SkaForHire

I've always felt that Kaliphlin was full of lunatics, now I'm convinced! :laugh: