Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Salutations, dear future minions of the Dark world fo the Drow webbing! :)

With pride we present the Drow Beauty Contest!

Come and join us here

beaut-kat.jpg

Hey guys and gals, I'm heading out of town for a week with no internet...not even reliable phone service. Hopefully if there is a popular vote for C4, it will run long enough for me to add my 2 cents!

Same. School starts tomorrow, and I'm gonna be busy from the start. So it looks like I'll be throwing in a free build or two every once in a while.

Same, I am on vacation in Japan, sporadic contact for next 2 weeks.

:classic:

I finnaly finished taking pictures of my free build - a raft. Nothing too big, so I tried to make up for that with the story. . .

Anyway, here it is:

7780628494_4115f953e9.jpg

(And here is the topic - I still don't know how to fix it so you can click on the pic. and go to the topic :sceptic: )

Ugh. I have 105 unread topics in this forum. That will take forever to get through! Makes it hard to vote when you haven't seen the MOCs :tongue: . Might have to blow off work for a day, and just plow through them.

Ugh. I have 105 unread topics in this forum. That will take forever to get through! Makes it hard to vote when you haven't seen the MOCs :tongue: . Might have to blow off work for a day, and just plow through them.

Likewise, :wacko:

Voting itself became a challenge.

^^Hope you had time to check out the entries. Erynlasgalen's and Kayne's were particularly outstanding for Kaliphlin.

I am very excited about the new mini challenge. This one is ours for the taking! Avalonia and Mitgardia have some (ok, many) superb builders, but they might struggle to change gear for this one :tongue: :tongue: Nocturnus has great talent and imagination, but they are riven by discord and not turning up in force.

I have a lot of good ideas already, am very happy to share if you want to PM me. We have a lot of first class builders who have not been able to take part in the last challenge, I hope they will be back in for this warm up for challenge 5. Not naming names, but great to see you back NM :wink: And a lot of fantastic new talent who are hungry to prove themselves for Kaliphlin, as well as the only travellers to survive the voyage from beyond Historica :laugh:

The deadline is quite reasonable, it's a small vig. Let's get back to our winning ways!

:classic:

Thanks for the bump Robuko! I actually voted for your C4 entry as well, I thought it might have been the most creative of all of them. I too have a great idea already in mind for the mini challenge and will work on it soon. In the meantime I have a free build going that is probably my best build to date. Still a ways off from finishing though, so I'll keep you posted as I go!

Ack, finally found some time to vote, (even though i haven't commented on all of the entries yet - still mega busy but i'll get to them all in the end! :wacko: ) for the challenge 4 entries - such a hard descision as there were heaps of great entries. Sorry again for my recent absence - i've got about 2 weeks left of super-crazy work schedules, and then i can finally get back to some building! The mini-challenge looks interesting, i'm looking forward to getting stuck into that. :thumbup:

Ooh, and i just noticed that i've got a green star...?? :oh3: A bit embarassing as i haven't been around much of late, but i'll try to make up for that soon! :classic:

Better go now before i collapse at the computer... another early start tomorrow... :ugh:

I would hope that we could win this mini-challenge. I think we have the best storytellers, and I usually don't make bold pronouncements like that, but I am confident in this.

I would hate to lose a builder of Kaliphlin though.

Also, I "should" (as long as the loan clears) be moving this weekend. In our new house I have a Lego room waiting for me, so I will be back to building soon! So I hope to have enough time to get something in for this. But... I would be totally willing to write the story for someone if they wanted to do the MOCs. I don't know if we can team-entry though.

:)))))) I will sound like a complete clutch now, but how can you tell which are which? I know on other forums, but here, I just can not tell. Is there some sign that I am missing or is there an option I have to check?

..akhm, the Drow are not asking this for ourselves, we ask for a friend.

from Avalonia

yes, for a clutch friend from Avalonia :)

@Angeli, an Avalonian friend of me has the same problem :laugh:

@Kaliphlin: this minichallenge is for us!!!! We got the best builders and story tellers :thumbup:

For these without any inspiration: contact me (I got a story for a Guild and already a King made. You can make the MOC)

:)))))) I will sound like a complete clutch now, but how can you tell which are which? I know on other forums, but here, I just can not tell. Is there some sign that I am missing or is there an option I have to check?

from Avalonia

The color of the brick in front of the topic... Or do you mean something else? *huh*

I'm in for that challenge, I got a story ready, just need to build something around it, which is odd, because I usually first build something and then make up a story around it :wacko:

I'm in for that challenge, I got a story ready, just need to build something around it,

Same here, got all the basic guild info on paper... now just have to translate it into LEGO.

Got a vague idea...No promises, but I'll try to add a little extra in just to give us an edge.

Ageven And I thought the Jarl was a long story teller! That is ... some introduction! hehe. What you lack in the build, you certainly make up in story! I think you'll do quite well in the mini challenge!

Rasputin I concur! We have probably some of the most talented all round builders/storytellers/creative builders here... we could make a serious run for top Guild - dispite our lower numbers :cry_happy:

Gabe congrats on the Green! Most deserving... and after you get some sleep you might want to look around to see if anythings changed. :look::laugh:

Dugal I hope the loan and moving goes through. We have missed your builds brother!

My SI brother! how a like we are... many oft times I build then make up the tale. Cause only after you have your build could weave a tale that befits your build1 .... :laugh::wacko:

Mikel and Khamar I look forward to hearing tales of far oft guilds of yours!

--

And if you have not, don't forget to vote!

Ooh, and i just noticed that i've got a green star...?? :oh3: A bit embarassing as i haven't been around much of late, but i'll try to make up for that soon! :classic:

Congratulations Gabe! Notice anything else? :rofl: :rofl: Hope your work goes well and very much looking forward to your full strength return

I would hate to lose a builder of Kaliphlin though.

Also, I "should" (as long as the loan clears) be moving this weekend. In our new house I have a Lego room waiting for me, so I will be back to building soon! So I hope to have enough time to get something in for this. But... I would be totally willing to write the story for someone if they wanted to do the MOCs. I don't know if we can team-entry though.

Ska, don't worry - if we win, we don't lose an existing member, we just get written in to the larger story. New house sounds awesome, I hope it will make up for all the troubles earlier. I have 7 or 8 scenarios sketched out, I would love :grin_wub: to work with you on this one, I am sure it would totally rock.

Gabe congrats on the Green! Most deserving... and after you get some sleep you might want to look around to see if anythings changed. :look::laugh:

:laugh_hard: :laugh_hard:

Ska, don't worry - if we win, we don't lose an existing member, we just get written in to the larger story. New house sounds awesome, I hope it will make up for all the troubles earlier. I have 7 or 8 scenarios sketched out, I would love :grin_wub: to work with you on this one, I am sure it would totally rock.

Yes, that would be a formidable combination, and I would enjoy working with you too.

On another note, since Gold, grey, white, and pink seem to be the only different colors (I guess you could count sand green) not taken by the other guilds already, I was wondering what people thought would be the most efficient use of existing flags for a new guild. Right now I am leaning towards Red and Gold - as they are the most abundant. Then again, that puts red in three different flags. I would go with blue and gold, but to me that naturally looks like the crown knights too much. white and grey are really expensive, and the pink available is more of a hot pink than a deep pink. Too bad the friends series doesn't have purple flags! So I feel like gold with one of the other colors we are already using would be the best option. What do you all think?

from Avalonia

There's a thing on the bottom right called "forum legend". It explains the brick in front of every topic.

Yes, that would be a formidable combination, and I would enjoy working with you too.

On another note, since Gold, grey, white, and pink seem to be the only different colors (I guess you could count sand green) not taken by the other guilds already, I was wondering what people thought would be the most efficient use of existing flags for a new guild. Right now I am leaning towards Red and Gold - as they are the most abundant. Then again, that puts red in three different flags. I would go with blue and gold, but to me that naturally looks like the crown knights too much. white and grey are really expensive, and the pink available is more of a hot pink than a deep pink. Too bad the friends series doesn't have purple flags! So I feel like gold with one of the other colors we are already using would be the best option. What do you all think?

My brother, I fear I have to disappoint you in your choice, but I am quite sure these are already the colours of Nocturnus :laugh:

As Da Maximus says, I believe thouse are Nocturnus colors. However, there is also dark red (that could be too similar though). Personally, I'm thinking that gold and blue or blue and yellow would be good. But I'll probably play around w/the colors a bit.

Ageven And I thought the Jarl was a long story teller! That is ... some introduction! hehe. What you lack in the build, you certainly make up in story! I think you'll do quite well in the mini challenge! . . .

--

And if you have not, don't forget to vote!

Thanks! Yes, I tend to be long winded! :laugh: I'm really excited about the mini-challange, I've got several ideas floating around in my head!

As Da Maximus says, I believe thouse are Nocturnus colors. However, there is also dark red (that could be too similar though). Personally, I'm thinking that gold and blue or blue and yellow would be good. But I'll probably play around w/the colors a bit.

Thanks! Yes, I tend to be long winded! :laugh: I'm really excited about the mini-challange, I've got several ideas floating around in my head!

for some ideas, check my MOC about the Alleenridders riding out :classic:

I made some flag colouring combinations to decorate the base :classic:

Of course these colours can be used, but as you will see on the Wikia, I already dipsed these a long time ago:

Black & Gold (Amenor)

Red & Black (Ximus)

Blue & White (Atlarka)

But as I said these can be used by other Guilds as well (in real life, many countries got the same flagcolours)

Edited by DaMaximus

I was thinking about using Black and White, the combination resembles some kind of neutrality, or a balance between good and evil (yin yang) :laugh:

I simply was looking for the colors most different from the existing guilds (and the ones I have ofcourse). I also have a couple of light blue flags...baby blue :sick: