Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

And suddenly... OSTRICH CAVALRY!

It's been too long, folks. SPACE has had me occupied like you wouldn't believe. After AFOLCON, I'll try and muster up something for challenge #3.

-YtR

Nice! Brick-built ostriches are a winner!

And suddenly... OSTRICH CAVALRY!

It's been too long, folks. SPACE has had me occupied like you wouldn't believe. After AFOLCON, I'll try and muster up something for challenge #3.

-YtR

J4ke / Yakob! Great to hear from you! It has been a while. Glad to hear that you were busy on something LEGO-related; should I search for some recent MOCs from you in the SciFi forum? Welcome back to Kaliphlin!

Great ostrich cavalry! My first reaction was: "Why is Bender from Futurama riding an ostrich?" :laugh:

Anturio -- there are lots of good examples of cliffs and rocks in the Historica MOCs already; just browse around. One MOC that stands out in my mind with good cliffs is Hinckley's castle for ComicCon.

Thanks!

NiceMarmot, you're best of just checking the stream of WIPs on my photostream. I've yet to get decent pics of it up yet.

And yes, the knights definitely need better helmets.

Sir Anturio a new traveller! Most humble welcomes!! Please come sit, grab a flagon of mead, and tell us of your dragon slaying adventures!

Mikel Kalores That looks wonderful!

I love the plant monster! and that nice rock wall.

Tower Master Erudhalion Time is short! But I have faith that the extra week is enough for you to accomplish the task at hand!

Yakob old friend!

I you have been missed- I'm sure you're were off in some great adventures in the sky... and what adventures you must have had- coming back with another wonderful brick built creation!

Reminder if you need some photoshop help for the last challenge - get your builds done early!

I have returned...

And I see that the deadline for challenge III has been extended... There is a possibility that I may be able to produce something for it after-all.

Moving was a nightmare. House is nice, I will find room for LEGO. But dealing with AT&T for two weeks to get internet was a nightmare... I ended up finding a local company and much less stressed for it. Anyway, I should be a regular again starting in the next week as I catch up on my web time in most of the classes I teach / grade online.

Looking forward to commenting on the guild entries thus far!

But dealing with AT&T for two weeks to get internet was a nightmare... I ended up finding a local company and much less stressed for it.

Welcome back! Glad you might be able to produce something for challenge 3. Looks like Gabe might be able to also.

I hear you about AT&T - we have them and they're (usually) a total pain. I've found if you can get past the automated phone systems, the first & second tier people in India or wherever, and get to the US-based staff who have been around for a while, it's a totally different company. Those older, more experienced CSRs and technicians really know their stuff and are very helpful. It's just they keep them away from the customers by insulating them behind thousands of clueless idiots. I know a lot of people who have gone with Sonic.net instead and been very happy.

I will hopefully be putting bricks together later tonight for the first time for challenge 3! Nothing like waiting until the last moment...

Welcome back! Glad you might be able to produce something for challenge 3. Looks like Gabe might be able to also.

I hear you about AT&T - we have them and they're (usually) a total pain. I've found if you can get past the automated phone systems, the first & second tier people in India or wherever, and get to the US-based staff who have been around for a while, it's a totally different company. Those older, more experienced CSRs and technicians really know their stuff and are very helpful. It's just they keep them away from the customers by insulating them behind thousands of clueless idiots. I know a lot of people who have gone with Sonic.net instead and been very happy.

I will hopefully be putting bricks together later tonight for the first time for challenge 3! Nothing like waiting until the last moment...

Same here, I already have 50 bricks on a baseplate, but that's everything :laugh:

To all: sorry for my absence lately, it's due a combination of all smaller things in real life. Nothing worse luckily :classic:

And at Mikel Kalores: expect a mail in your inbox with information about the price of the Archery Tournament! :classic:

edit: one of those reasons is that I finally started watching Game Of Thrones :laugh: Damn that's a good serie!

Edited by DaMaximus

edit: one of those reasons is that I finally started watching Game Of Thrones :laugh: Damn that's a good serie!

Indeed it is! So many tips and inspiration to take from it! I´m waiting for season 2 now.... Stupid Sweden that can´t show it yet! :laugh:

Indeed it is! So many tips and inspiration to take from it! I´m waiting for season 2 now.... Stupid Sweden that can´t show it yet! :laugh:

I dropped Showtime (sorry Dexter and Homeland) for HBO to get GoT. Funny story, my DVR recorded the second episode in Spanish! Luckily I can get it "On Demand" from my cable company if I wait a day or two.

I dropped Showtime (sorry Dexter and Homeland) for HBO to get GoT. Funny story, my DVR recorded the second episode in Spanish! Luckily I can get it "On Demand" from my cable company if I wait a day or two.

I got season one on blu-ray and the first four books!

I have just realized!

Due to my haste In writing the my character's backstory I have used cliched names. Kirk valentine and Avantia.

Therefore I have decided to redo all of my stuff. Is this ok?

damn, now that you guys mentioned GoT I'm out there consumining everything available about it, whereas I should correct class work!! Gonna go and get the books tomorrow!!

damn, now that you guys mentioned GoT I'm out there consumining everything available about it, whereas I should correct class work!! Gonna go and get the books tomorrow!!

you're welcome :laugh:

Same here, I saw 13 episodes in one week-end :thumbup:

College, what's college? Is that something you can eat? :tongue:

Hi! Could I join the Kaliphlin Guild?

Nariek Francis

IMG_3638.jpg

Nariek Francis is a musically gifted traveller. He is the second-born of four children, and recently set out to find his way in the world. Nariek is known for making money with his performances on many different instruments. He plans to become a sword fighter and archer as well. He's out to find adventure, and will be a loyal servant to the Kaliphlin Guild.

EDIT: I'll make Nariek my avatar as soon as I have time.

Edited by purpleparadox

I LOVE GoT! I'm rereading the 3rd book again, and I have the first season, but I don't want to pay for HBO just for 1 show :cry_sad: I have almost broken down a couple of times, but it's just too expensive. GAH!

I LOVE GoT! I'm rereading the 3rd book again, and I have the first season, but I don't want to pay for HBO just for 1 show :cry_sad: I have almost broken down a couple of times, but it's just too expensive. GAH!

They have other shows on HBO... and lots of movies... still...

What a week!

Two new travellers! Surely the gods has blessed us with another lost soul come to join our coven.

Nariek Francis how great to meet thee. Come and have a drink and sing us a tune!

Teach me to play the axe, and I shall teach you to play with the sword!

Dugal ! my old friend!

Great to see you around again. I was hoping your relocation did not take you too far away from us. Quickly hurry! you can still make it to help with the search for the Water Crystal!

(Though I fear I have been immersed in other worlds lately... I could not help but read that as AT-AT and was like woh.)

Lord Damaximus Surely a man of your stature could do better than a measly 50 pieces... a JOUST! is on the line!

Kirk Valentine the people of Kaliphlin are free and open. If you wish to shed your old name and adopt a new one, no one here shall hold it against you.

While your name may be clinched, it does have a nice ring to it....

Tisk tisk... Dexter and Homeland were AWESOME.

Not GoT awesome... but surely you could keep both?

I'm actually stuck on book 3... too many things... maybe I'll get some time to read at BW :look:

... and Damaximus - I have you beat, I did season 1 it in a day :laugh:

Hi! Could I join the Kaliphlin Guild?

Nariek Francis

Nariek Francis is a musically gifted traveller. He is the second-born of four children, and recently set out to find his way in the world. Nariek is known for making money with his performances on many different instruments. He plans to become a sword fighter and archer as well. He's out to find adventure, and will be a loyal servant to the Kaliphlin Guild.

Welcome! Looking forward to some musically themed MOCs from you, perhaps? Looks like you photo is no longer active on PhotoBucket however.

Kirk Valentine the people of Kaliphlin are free and open. If you wish to shed your old name and adopt a new one, no one here shall hold it against you.

While your name may be clinched, it does have a nice ring to it....

But is it ok to change my sig completely?

Edited by Medic!!!

Tisk tisk... Dexter and Homeland were AWESOME.

Not GoT awesome... but surely you could keep both?

You gotta know how to play the game baby! HBO introductory price... when that price expiries after the GoT season, then I move to Showtime for Homeland and Dexter... intro price for Showtime ends and what do you know, HBO again at an introductory price right when GoT starts. Your "tisk tisk" just got SERVED!

Welcome! Looking forward to some musically themed MOCs from you, perhaps? Looks like you photo is no longer active on PhotoBucket however.

Oops, and I think I know why too. I'll try to fix it.

EDIT: I fixed the picture.

Edited by purpleparadox

Welcome to the Guild, Sir Anturio and Nariek Francis

Well I took some time off from work but still having quite the time finding the time to finish the entry. However today I was able to make some serious progress. Progress update: The gaurdian has continued to evolve and I think I am finally satisfied with its current form. Mostly all I have left to do is vegetation.

100_5056.jpg

I had taken another picture of top viewbut my camera evidently corrupted the file...:wacko: I only have internet at work (money that used to go to internet service now goes to LEGO) and I only realized the file was corrupted as I was about to upload it. Hopefully I will have final pics this weekend.

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Mikel Kalores -- that's a fantastic guardian. I think I'll have to up my game a bit...

Anyway, here's a WIP photo of my entry. Not much so far, but at least I'm finally building.

6994999364_ee6be887e0_c.jpg

I've also got a bit of the main guardian done, as well as some of the doorway that the steps lead up to. The big white thing is a pillar of ice and snow with the crystal inside it. Not totally happy with it, it's fairly simple, but at least it's something. Not sure how to make it more realistic and cooler without spending tons of time on it. Pretty happy with the floor and steps, although wish I had some color consistency on the steps.

Still have to: finish the guardian, finish the doorway, extend the floor under the pillar, build at least some of the surrounding walls, greeble the walls somehow so they're not flat and boring, put a frame around it, etc. I'll be away this weekend, so no LEGO, but will hopefully have enough time to finish it by Saturday. The story is sketched out in full and mostly written.

Any feedback, improvement ideas, etc?

Mikel Kalores -- that's a fantastic guardian. I think I'll have to up my game a bit...

Thanks!

I've been thinking that Mikel will be getting a new look soon. Adventuring in noble clothes and heavy armor just isn't working out too well. So expect a character update. Once I finish challenge 3, it should free up some time for me to continue Mikel's backstory and Hitchikers' Guide. I also have some new techniques that I have been playing around with one of which is going to be incorporated in my castle (roof) and a MOC located in Avalonia which will be the abbey from Mikel's past (pillars)- that will also be my free build for the embassy challenge since I signed up here too late to enter that. Tower challenge is incorporated in challenge 3.

First level of my Challenge 3 MOC is ready, just like the buildings. Now I have to do the mountains :classic:

And a small spoiler for the destiny of the MOC after Challenge 3 is done:

Be prepared for the K.A.I.A.: Kaliphlin Assassination & Intellegence Agency