Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I do not think that the judges will care :) use any crystal you have, and we will use our imagination ;)

I do not think that colors are rule, just... guiding line :) so the story looks complete :) No one will make a fuss about the wrong color, if you are not in a position to acquire it :)

I must disagre with you here, sir.

Build must contain the correct crystal/gem piece for your Guild as a treasure

:wink:

Are you defying the Drow? You say that Drow are wrong? But Drow are never wrong, and so - we are right :)

Now remind us where were you exactly in Historica, we are sending a little icy bitsy riding party to have a little talk with you :)

Are you defying the Drow? You say that Drow are wrong? But Drow are never wrong, and so - we are right :)

Now remind us where were you exactly in Historica, we are sending a little icy bitsy riding party to have a little talk with you :)

Angeli, can you deeplink a picture of a drow here? For all the time I've watched you build I still have no idea what you're basing your concept on, and the internet seems to have a very erratic opinion on exactly what a Drow looks like.

As for the crystal, we would like to see the correct color choice. Now if you've already done your photo shoot and don't want to redo it just for the sake of the crystal we'll let it slide, but for those of you who are still building, we would like to keep to the thematic colors suggested in the rules.

Cheers! :thumbup:

Certainly ;) We Drow like to expose our beauty for the surfacers ;)

Drow.JPGtdrow.jpg

(on the right moc picture: monifig to the left, my purist representation of Drow from the left picture; on right, same Drow, with custom parts)

link to the real life costume of Drow male

(btw, in every first post of all my threads with Drow cities you can find two links in the first sentance, one leading to the Drow wiki describing Drow, and second leading to the name of that city, also on wiki ;)

Link to the Drow on wiki

Here's the list of some of the Drow cities, you can find names of some of my moc Drow cities, with explanations

here you can find a bunch of really interesting Drow pictures.

But I've rewritten few of those explanations, actually, I've invented new ones for mocs, without interfering with the basic characteristics of Drow

There are few notable and famous Drow:

Drizzt Do'Urden

Drizzt.pngthumb-13.jpgt-drittz.jpg

Viconia DeVir

200px-Viconia2.jpgthumbk5.jpg

Valsharess

Valsharess.jpgval-15.jpg

Lloth actually a god, but deeply connected with the Drow

link

The story of how I became a Drow... :)

But to tell you the truth, ALL of my inspiration comes form the Baldur's Gate I and II games, and it's sisters Icewind Dale I and II and Neverwinter Nights; I've got my hands on many red bricks, basic colors of bricks were cheaper then grey, orange, green, but red and black had arches and slopes cheep in the same color, so I've chosen them.

tdrow-demonhunter.jpg

The decision that I come to regret in first attempt of building, because red is such a strong color, and you can not see anything in black. And my parents once visited me and asked: "must you always build such a dreadful castles?" So... I wanted to leave mark in lego community, to be recognizable on the first look, and the first castle I've made was so.... well - evil :)I was holding a black minifig head in my hands and remembered Drow from Baldur's Gate two, and decided to go that way. I loved how they were presented in that game, and also, there was a "dark-skinned elf" in actually my only book that was really popular in Serbia, and because I wrote about her, I knew that I could infuse my minifigs with enough character to be interesting to the lego community. Not to mention how I enjoyed build them :)

drow-spider-keeper.jpg

Then I've go an interesting deal: I could choose 15.000 bricks of only one basic color between red, black, blue and yellow for only 80e + 10 for shipping, and I've chosen red. That is what sealed my Underdark castles. If I ever got chance for something similar, I will buy white.

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:

Lith My'athar

Menzoberranzan

Ched Nasad

Ust Natha

Chaulssin

Eryndlyn

Maerimydra

Twisted Tower of Ashaba

Ruined temple of Shar

Rilauven outpost in Mitgardia

Llurth Dreir

You can also find literary hundreds of my Drow minifigs with their traals folowing links found in Drow thread

"we'll let it slide"

The Drow rule supreme! :)

And I think it is a time we launch a war against all surface walking creatures, but first, we must obtain more power in our guild and enslave or alliance all of the Nocturnus guild members ;)

I will make few notes for new thread, named "WAR", but I would also like to build something nice for challenge 3, so the WAR may be on hold. For now ;)

thumb-18.jpg

@ Angeli:

Very cool, I see why you use those black heads now. :thumbup: Shame there aren't more black printed face. Perhaps series 8, you never know! :wink:

:)

As a Lloth is a spider queen, and she is adored by most of the Drow, that is why there are so many spiders in my Drow cities ;)

tdetail-spider.jpgtdetail-04.jpgtspider-04.jpg

img_0018.jpgthumbaa46.jpg

and unfortunately, there won't be a black head in series 8, as much as I am aware :(

But it is ok, Gamadon's head is black, but I still prefer plain black

3626bpb449.jpg3626bp63.gif3626bps8.gif3626bpb251.gif3626bpb073.jpg3626cpb701.jpg3626b.gif3626bpb034.gif3626bpb591.jpg3626bpb621.jpg

Angeli What about decals? I've seen a lot of guys use minifigs, made with decals. Some of them are really good!

I had the afternoon off today and found myself an hour to make a start with my Valholl moc. Here are the marketstands I made today:

6947505722_8cd69ecf51.jpg

The three of them together. I tried to make each stand different than the other. Not only in the colours, but also in the structure.

6947506478_985e9da29f.jpg

The womand in the stands seems rather happy with her stand, eventhough it's empty.

7093577683_b0d56a0745.jpg

The biggest stand. Owned by a rich merchant, rarely seen himself behind the stand, except for now! The only stand I decorated with products, because the front is very plain imo, so I used the crates as details.

7093576981_118b5eb0c0.jpg

A rather angry owner so it seems. A bit of a jealous type, this guy, 'cause he's upset he has the smallest stand. The roofcolour here is my favourite, I really like the orange and yellow, eventhough the blue and red is maybe the standard, this one I like the most. On the big one I used black and blue/purple because I think that it's a more regal, expensive looking roof.

Indea's and tips? Most welcome!

Wow the drow stuff is cool, however the flowers in the one scene do not make any sense;). Blaze your stands look great but 2 of them have no wares so what are they selling?My favorite is the smallest one..really like the board across the front.

Drow drool for ice cream!

I am totally gunna get enslaved for that or something.

nah, drows are just trash talkers!! Just a bit of light, and they start whining:

sscn0263.jpg

Our guild starts looking like Nocturnus with all the drow pictures :oh: at least the pictures looks great Angeli!

Anyway, here is a work in progress picture of my build for the third quest, 'The ruin of Gorradil'.

1334693965m_SPLASH.jpg

Whoa that thing is huge *huh* Looks great so far :thumbup:

I especially like the snow and start of the ruins, looks like Mitgardia will be doing well this round :sweet:

Drow drool for ice cream!

I am totally gunna get enslaved for that or something.

Enough Ice hear in Mitgardia, so that's why they come here a lot :tongue: And about beying enslaved, I will feel pity but you will not be able to build anymore. So win for us! :wink:

And as kabel shows they aren't that much of a treath. But seriously, fun to see how you came up with all those characters.

@ Blaze, nice! Love the way who you've made them all a bit different!

@ Bartjuh, Yeah, that's awesome :sweet: Looking forward to see that one finished!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Honestly, I've made ​​a bad picture so not all details are visible. I will save that for the final pictures.

In contrast to some of you, I think I'll only build one scene.

The picture is from last sunday, at this moment the ruin is almost finished. I still need to build the floor inside the treasure room and I'll have to build the guardian.

@ Soccerkid6: The build measures 2 x 2,5 base plate :classic:

Fellow Mitgardians! It is time to build our great Capital!

Slums

Not all the citizens of Valholl are that fortunate that they can live in beautifull houses like the ones build by Kabel. They live in the slums where life is tough. Struggling to find food, or begging, or hoping someone hires you for chores to earn some money. Yes it's not paradise, but it is also Valholl.

So build an impression of the slums. So it can be old houses in decay, small cabins and so on where the people live. So let's make a nice scene of this one!

For the effort of building slums, the winner will get some villagers who love to move in to your slums and he will get the title of "Mitgardian home provider"

6947006576_7c09337a54_n.jpg

Defenses

Mitgardia is at peace at the moment, but for how long? The Drow are spotted among our lands and some say the high king isn't that much in control any more. Yes, these are rumours. But we have to take those serious. So to keep everyone who doesn't belong in Valholl out of the city, we need defenses.

So build defenses. You can build almost anything with this assignment. For example, a scene of a wall, a tower, a trebuchet and so on.

For the effort of building defenses, the winner will get some Valholl Elite Guards and he will get the title of "Officer of Valholl".

6947008594_92fac3dcd7_n.jpg

For both assignments the max. sizes are 32x32. And the deadline will be the 19th of may. Multiple entries are allowed, even better!

Have fun! :classic:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Officer of Valholl is a great title, I'll defineatly enter that one! I don't really care for the poor though :tongue: but I'll try to whip one up for that one too. Cool mini challenges and cool prizes/titles as well, good job Sirens and Eccles! :thumbup:

Cool stuff, and thanks for for making me

Head Engineer of Valholl

it's great!!

btw: what do you guys think of making a wall standard, and than people fill in the slots, just like the community build that was performed here in the history forum a few years ago?

Edited by kabel

yeah sure, go ahead, fresh air loving builders are always welcome in this guild :wink:

Credit goes to Ecclesiastes for this mini challenge, thank him, not me. It's a great challenge and I look forward to seeing what people build! :thumbup::wink:

Kabel, I like your idea of standardizing a wall, perhaps that's something we can do after these mini challenges elapse. :thumbup:

I hope everyone is moving along on Challenge 3, the WIP pics look amazing so far guys! :wub: Way to represent Mitgardia! :thumbup:

I allready built one entry for the mini challenge :tongue:

Trainig grounds

It is not my best work, but it was fun to build. I am going to enter more though.

Friends of Mitgardia!

A most heinous crime has been committed!

7101169895_ae83110f70_z.jpg

The great treasure of the Flagg Family has been taken!

This shall not stand!

I stand here before you all and give the most serious of warnings:

DO NOT Build any more MOCs that prominently depict the demise of these delicious Ferrero Rochers

DO NOT Show what has happened to my precious Rocher

DO NOT Build this before May 14th

DO NOT Encourage others by voting on May 15 for your favourite despicable display of desert debauchery

DO NOT Post entries in this thread

DO NOT Expect to win a special prize for your evilness

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED