XimenaPaulina

Eurobricks Star Wars Community Build

May I please have the Republic symbol tag? I would really appreciate it. :sweet: Thanks in advance!

I have to agree with Fallenangel, I want more community builds for video games, such as my beloved TFU 1 & TFU 2. :drool:

Glad to hear there is going to be one for each of the movies. I hope to participate in all of them. And if I'm correct everyone who participates gets a tag, right? So if that's the case I wouldn't mind a blue rebel tag. Thanks.

I still don't know why you guys don't title the image tags. I have no idea what the majority of them are for...I can't be the only one who is in the same boat. If you can't title them for a hover explanation, maybe a page explaining all the tags and what they're for. I'm not just referring to these new tags, but all tags in general.

I guess there are some things that are better left unsaid. The meaning of some tags are known, most are self-explanatory, while the others are intentionally left unexplained for some mystery and FUN. Even as a staff I do not even know the meaning of some of tags, I simply take them for what they are, no need to take the meaning of these tags so seriously.

I have to agree with Fallenangel, I want more community builds for video games, such as my beloved TFU 1 & TFU 2. :drool:

While I'm not a fan of the video games, like what I've said earlier, I'm pretty sure we're bound to get to those themes eventually at some point. :wink:

Ooh, does this mean I get an Open Circle Fleet tag? :sweet:

The Venator community build was good fun. I'll have to consider joining one of the future builds.

Are the six tags shown for the movie builds each assigned to a specific episode, meaning that one would have to have participated in either the Episode IV or Episode V build to get one of the Rebel Alliance insignias? If so, does that mean the chance to get one of those two is forever gone, or might there be later new community builds revisiting those episodes in the future (and if so, would they get the same tags)?

Are the six tags shown for the movie builds each assigned to a specific episode, meaning that one would have to have participated in either the Episode IV or Episode V build to get one of the Rebel Alliance insignias? If so, does that mean the chance to get one of those two is forever gone, or might there be later new community builds revisiting those episodes in the future (and if so, would they get the same tags)?

No, the tags aren't build-specific (except for the Open Fleet tag for the Venator builders), so the participants could always choose one from those tags regardless of what theme they've built under.

This is what I'm talking about when I've thought about the community builds. Even the other themes have risen up to the occasion and started their own CBs! Looks like we've got a good timeline of things worked out now for future CBs; a month and a half for the builds followed by a two week break for catch-ups.

It shouldn't be a surprise on what the next theme that I'll be leading would be and the announcement would be made in a couple of days. But after this next CB, I'll step off from leading future CBs so that other EB members can step up to the plate. However, let's try to maintain only one CB going on at any one time following the timeline.

Thanks again for your participation and continued support of these!

AC

PS. Special thanks goes to the mods for letting us accomplish these and their support in every aspect of the builds!

It shouldn't be a surprise on what the next theme that I'll be leading would be and the announcement would be made in a couple of days.

Well, you heard the man, better start prepping up our entries. :sweet:

But after this next CB, I'll step off from leading future CBs so that other EB members can step up to the plate.

Great to know you're giving others the chance. :thumbup: So if anyone wants to lead the next lined-up CBs, pls. inform us if you're interested, so we could coordinate our actions ahead. Since AC has covered all three OT films, the next host will lead the PT, then the next one will be the CW (which could be divided to the Tartakovsky cartoon series and the current series), then the video game/novels/EU stuff, so on and so forth...

However, let's try to maintain only one CB going on at any one time following the timeline.

Yes that's the main idea, only one CB at a time to give more time for the participants and at the same time they could work on their own other stuff not related to the CBs.

Great to know you're giving others the chance. :thumbup: So if anyone wants to lead the next lined-up CBs, pls. inform us if you're interested, so we could coordinate our actions ahead. Since AC has covered all three OT films, the next host will lead the PT, then the next one will be the CW (which could be divided to the Tartakovsky cartoon series and the current series), then the video game/novels/EU stuff, so on and so forth...

I wouldn't mind taking over after AC. :classic:

As for dividing the two Clone Wars series, I'm not sure that's a good idea. As much as I like to differentiate the two shows, they are pretty similar after all. They mostly share the same look, characters, locations, vehicles, and even story lines, so dividing them would be redundant.

Yes that's the main idea, only one CB at a time to give more time for the participants

There is only one EB! :tongue:

Ooh, does this mean I get an Open Circle Fleet tag? :sweet:

The Venator community build was good fun. I'll have to consider joining one of the future builds.

:wub:

It shouldn't be a surprise on what the next theme that I'll be leading would be and the announcement would be made in a couple of days. But after this next CB, I'll step off from leading future CBs so that other EB members can step up to the plate. However, let's try to maintain only one CB going on at any one time following the timeline.

Yeah, I would be happy to try my hand at hosting again, I learnt from the first build to allow people to either allow people to build freely or just give them a set thing to build and now know to make sure to round it off at the end without leaving it bare. I did have many plans and still have a fair few written pieces for the end of the Venator Build on my computer.

On another note, I would love to accept that sexy tag. :grin_wub:

I wouldn't mind taking over after AC. :classic:

Then Oky it is. I assume you'll lead all the three PT CBs right?

As for dividing the two Clone Wars series, I'm not sure that's a good idea. As much as I like to differentiate the two shows, they are pretty similar after all. They mostly share the same look, characters, locations, vehicles, and even story lines, so dividing them would be redundant.

Yeah probably. But I was actually thinking that the current Clone Wars series has so much potential material to build that we could actually divide it per season. Or another option would be to combine both CW series like you suggested, and have the build period extended more than the usual one-and-a-half month (probably 2-3 months?) to encourage more entries.

There is only one EB! :tongue:

What are you talking about? :wacko::tongue:

Maybe divide it by show and clone phase so CW series 1&2 TCW series 1,2&3 TCW series 4 and CW series 3 or merge the last 2 to give three CB's

I'm a little unclear on how a community build works. Do several people get together in person to build a MOC? (I assume this must be how it works).

Steve

I'm a little unclear on how a community build works. Do several people get together in person to build a MOC? (I assume this must be how it works).

Steve

This one's online-only. We're basically just building from a common theme during a certain time. (Return of the Jedi, in this case) If you want to join a Community Build where everyone adds onto one model, Piratedave still has sign-ups open for the fourth LDD Relay Community Build in the LDD Forum.

Hope that helps! :classic:

This one's online-only. We're basically just building from a common theme during a certain time. (Return of the Jedi, in this case) If you want to join a Community Build where everyone adds onto one model, Piratedave still has sign-ups open for the fourth LDD Relay Community Build in the LDD Forum.

Hope that helps! :classic:

Well, there's also this:

I got this idea for a community build the other day while musing on whether LEGO Star Wars could have a display of its own at the next big Eurobricks Event. Say, I don't know, around 300x300cm in size.

Design a large scene in LDD (such as a battle from the Clone Wars), then split it into portions to be built with real bricks by teams of builders. These builders should then bring the built portions together at the event to construct one display to be presented...

Any takers? Billund is still a ways off...

Well, there's also this:

Any takers? Billund is still a ways off...

I just mentioned the Pirates RCB because it was current. Piratedave's got a great build planned and not as many applicants as expected, so I'm just spreading the word. :wink:

It's a good idea. Superkalle has, actually, mentioned, multiple times, asking TLG to sponsor a recreation of RCB 2 or 3 in physical bricks, to be shown at LEGO World. As long as you have a dedicated person behind the scenes on this end ensuring that the model can be built with physical bricks (in this case, Aanchir), it is theoretically quite possible.

Updated the first post with compilation of all Community Build entries. :sweet:

Not to put you on the spot but since you started this thread, when will we see the compilation for CB SWVI - Return Of The Jedi?

Then Oky it is. I assume you'll lead all the three PT CBs right?

Yeah probably. But I was actually thinking that the current Clone Wars series has so much potential material to build that we could actually divide it per season. Or another option would be to combine both CW series like you suggested, and have the build period extended more than the usual one-and-a-half month (probably 2-3 months?) to encourage more entries.

Passing the torch to Oky for the next CB series. Many thanks to all who have participated in the OT CBs and let's all keep these going! :sweet:

AC

If it's okay with you guys, I'd like to do the Clone Wars builds. I'll start brainstorming to see what the best way to break them down would be. Maybe I can give Oky some help too. :sweet:

First and foremost, allow me to take this opportunity to thank ACPin for taking the initiative and spearheading/leading three consecutive successful community builds, in which we've witnessed a constant increase in the quantity and quality of entries with each CB, as well as the unwavering enthusiasm and active participation shown by all builders, old and new alike. These CBs have truly revived the spirit of community building within the Star Wars forum and has also inspired other forums to follow our lead. :sweet:

Not to put you on the spot but since you started this thread, when will we see the compilation for CB SWVI - Return Of The Jedi?

Sorry, I was giving a few days allowance for possible late entries. :blush: But since seeing there seem to be no more latecomers I've already updated the first post in this thread and in the ROTJ CB thread with the Composite Image of all the ROTJ CB Entries. :classic:

rotj1.png

rotj2.png

Passing the torch to Oky for the next CB series.

Oky, just let us know when you're ready. :wink:

If it's okay with you guys, I'd like to do the Clone Wars builds. I'll start brainstorming to see what the best way to break them down would be. Maybe I can give Oky some help too. :sweet:

Great! :thumbup:

Sorry, I was giving a few days allowance for possible late entries. :blush: But since seeing there seem to be no more latecomers I've already updated the first post in this thread and in the ROTJ CB thread with the Composite Image of all the ROTJ CB Entries. :classic:

Yep that's me. :grin: But it's fine if it doesn't make it on there.

How are we dividing up the EU for future CBs? I'd be interested in hosting one around the Thrawn Trilogy era or the Shadows of the Empire storyline.

How are we dividing up the EU for future CBs? I'd be interested in hosting one around the Thrawn Trilogy era or the Shadows of the Empire storyline.

I'd be interested in MOCing in one of those, or both. By the way, don't expect me at the TPM CB, I really hate that movie. :sadnew:

I would think the best way to divide up the EU categories would be the same as the movies/TV show: OT EU, PT EU, CW EU. That would be the most open way to do it, while still giving parameters.

I would think the best way to divide up the EU categories would be the same as the movies/TV show: OT EU, PT EU, CW EU. That would be the most open way to do it, while still giving parameters.

CW-era EU, though is a rather small category compared to massive sections of the timeline such as Legacy and KOTOR. (which would fall under OT EU and PT EU, respectively, but are both large enough to be separate CBs on their own)

The post-OT EU can be divided up roughly according to novel series and story arcs. (New Jedi Order, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi, etc.; smaller series can be grouped together by common characters and intertwining stories [often by author], such as the Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn Duology [and those two could easily be grouped with Outbound Flight, Survivor's Quest, Allegiance, and Choices of One])