Brickdoctor

Star Wars Forum Blog - Announcements

gallery_11254_209_8406.png

The Rebel Bloggers have launched a couple of new projects on the blog recently, so, at the suggestion of KimT, we're going to use this topic to announce all the exciting new stuff. :sweet:

The first is the Showcased MOC project, which has its own topic here. At the end of each month, the Rebel Bloggers pick a few MOCs posted in the forum during that month to showcase in the banner throughout the next month. (after asking the builder's permission, of course)

The second is the Clone Wars Episode Reviews project, which will have its own page on the blog shortly. The Rebel Bloggers are reviewing each episode of the Clone Wars in an interview-style post, and publishing it each Monday following an episode. (which is quite a short amount of time to get everything put together, so we'll have to see how well we can keep with that schedule in the future) You can read the first review, of the episode The General, here.

And we're cooking up another new feature for the blog, so stay tuned! :wink:

We are? :sceptic:

:laugh:

First off, let me say that I really like the site and what you guys are doing over there.

Now to my point. Numerous times I've tried to have discussions about Star Wars, without the LEGO part of it, and every time it's been shutdown. "Off-topic. Has to be about Lego Star Wars." Fair enough, this is a LSW thread.

What I'm confused about is the separate site. Is it ok to link to a different website for topics that have nothing to do with LSW? If a new user came in and tried to promote their SW website, wouldn't that topic be locked?

Numerous times I've tried to have discussions about Star Wars, without the LEGO part of it, and every time it's been shutdown. "Off-topic. Has to be about Lego Star Wars." Fair enough, this is a LSW thread.

When there are off-topic discussions regarding SW, we don't automatically shut them off. We normally merge them with the separate SW topic in the Culture & Multimedia subforum, if we see them fit for further discussion.

What I'm confused about is the separate site. Is it ok to link to a different website for topics that have nothing to do with LSW? If a new user came in and tried to promote their SW website, wouldn't that topic be locked?

Are you referring to the Eurobricks Star Wars Forums Blog as the "separate" site? The blog is officially sanctioned by Eurobricks (the mothership so to speak), started by our own Star Wars Moderator KimT and run by Eurobricks members as the bloggers, and is meant to complement the LSW forum and provide an avenue to highlight topics that will not normally get the spotlight in the EB frontpage. This is how the Classic Pirates and Classic Town blogs work too. So it is totally different when a new user promotes a SW website, since he/she is not authorized by the site.

I assume your point behind this query is that because the CW episode reviews aren't "LEGO-related" right? Yes, technically it isn't now but in the future reviews we'll be adding another question that would relate to LEGO (i.e. what vehicle, character, scene in the spisode would you like to see in LEGO form?) to put a LEGO element in the review, much like with what def did in his previous CW reviews.

So today our blog celebrates it's first birthday.

Exactly one year ago I launched the blog www.eurobricksstarwarsforum.com

The past year has been quite good and the blog's stats are as follows:

Total Views

January 4,698

February 3,531

March 5,992

April 7,733

May 8,839

June 9,750

July 7,927

August 8,953

September 10,975

October 16,354

November 16,959

December 23,163

Total 2011: 124,874

Thanks to all our readers for making it worth it to write and maintain the blog.

Given the growing success and the hard efforts of our three prime bloggers, I've decided to purchase another year - so the blog lives until January 2nd 2013 (at least).

We hope you enjoy the blog and the highlights we bring there.

We try our best to bring the interesting stuff from our forum there for easy spotting, but also Star Wars related info from other blogs and brands is supposed to pop up from time to time.

Do let us know if you have any ideas and feedback on the job done so far and in the future.

Let's welcome our newest blogger:

Fallenangel :classic:

I can write episode reviews - not all the time, as I have college work - but I will do as many as possible.

That is, if I can join.

Right now, joining the Rebel Bloggers is sort of on an invite-only basis. In addition, the four non-Staff bloggers have consistently demonstrated excellent writing skill over the course of thousands of posts. (three of us are RA Teachers, and Fallenangel is, well, Fallenangel :laugh: ; which is not to say that post count has anything to do with special ranks, but just as an example)

I have mentioned to the other bloggers before the idea of having many Contributors, and we'll remember to keep you in mind if the need arises for more bloggers to help with the CW Reviews. :classic:

Right now, joining the Rebel Bloggers is sort of on an invite-only basis. In addition, the four non-Staff bloggers have consistently demonstrated excellent writing skill over the course of thousands of posts. (three of us are RA Teachers, and Fallenangel is, well, Fallenangel :laugh: ; which is not to say that post count has anything to do with special ranks, but just as an example)

I have mentioned to the other bloggers before the idea of having many Contributors, and we'll remember to keep you in mind if the need arises for more bloggers to help with the CW Reviews. :classic:

Thanks.

After a lengthy hiatus (TCW's fault, not ours), we're back with a new CW episode review for Escape from Kadavo. Check it out here!

And another one has joined us.

We've lured in Masked Builder as a blogger too.

Now all we need is more stuff to blog :laugh:

And another one has joined us.

We've lured in Masked Builder as a blogger too.

Now all we need is more stuff to blog :laugh:

Well, first off, congrats on an impressive first year! :thumbup: I know, since I've joined, that this is one of my favorite sites to visit. :sweet: As far as more things to blog, how about a Moccer Spotlight where you interview an impressive builder and discuss building techniques, advice for other builders, etc? I can think of a couple awesome builders on here (Brickdoctor, A.C. Pin) who I'd love to learn more about. Just a thought... :classic:

Edited by M<0><0<DSWIM

As for interviews, we've already thought of that and it's in the making already.

The plan is to interview members of interest like MOCers, well-known persons and eventually perhaps even other LEGO Star Wars sites' staff on their work and such.

A new blogger has joined our ranks.

Please welcome Macoco as our newest addition to the Rebel Bloggers.

Macoco! Are you bored with Sci-fi forum and myself already?

:cry_sad:

Seriously congrats!

I look forward to your blogging.

Macoco! Are you bored with Sci-fi forum and myself already?

:cry_sad:

Seriously congrats!

I look forward to your blogging.

Of course not. That is still our stomping ground. :laugh:

With the start of the new season, the rebel bloggers' Clone Wars reviews have started back up again! You can read our review of the first episode "Revival" here.

underconstruction.png

We're going to be making some major updates and changes to the blog soon, including:

• New WordPress theme and graphics
  • New Showcased MOCs!
  • And perhaps also a new blogger...

So tomorrow, June 25, the blog will just be displaying a WIP image for a little bit while I make the changes. I'll post an update here when I start that process. Hopefully it won't take more than, say, an hour.