Brick Miner

What's in a name ???

Inspired by probably the greatest Revolutionary War admiral.

You do know you already posted your name in this topic? :look::laugh:

Well, I do now! *huh*

I chose this name because when I was registering, there was a tooth piece by my computer. :laugh:

Like a piece of a real tooth?

I chose this name when trying to decide a new username for a BIONICLE fansite that has long since fallen into corruption and decay. It was "legoguy2805" so you can't blame me. :tongue: I wanted something that sounded important, thus the "King of", and since the summer 2008 BIONICLE sets had just come out I liked the name Nynrah and the idea of an island of inventors, so I became the King of Nynrah. :wink:

I was Mraz 'Skintas, but eh, I still love Halo, but as far as naming myself from it, I didnt want it anymore. So I went with part of my gamertag, Penguin724, and my favorite comic character, Deadpool. I was super excited when I learned LEGO was gonna make a fig of him. I had to get it, and that fig had a part in getting me back into LEGO.

Mine is fairly short and simple. Alongside Lego, I am a huge fan of reptiles, specifically lizards. So when choosing my screen name for my very first website I thought "Superlizard" would be perfect! Unfortunately, that username was taken. I opted to mess with the name a bit and wound up with "Souperlizard". It is now the only screen name that I use! :tongue:

Here's mine

My name is david

I like lego

I made this picture, a lego re-do of Leonardo Da Vincis' Vitruvian man

6531675165_df9bfab46b.jpg

EDIT: shortened to Legonardo - for the time being

Edited by Legonardo

I used to run a site called BricksandBooks and I wanted a LEGO friendly name so shortened it to Bricksan. I have in the past used RJH, Richazey, Parkstee and Rincewind to name but a few.

I just learned my name means "commander of an army" and is supposedly German in origin.

So where's this army I'm supposed to have? I think they just bailed and left me... :laugh:

Edited by Walter

I chose this name because Contre-Amiral (Rear Admiral) Magon was a french sailor who died in 1805 (Trafalgar...) while attacking an english ship. I want to build his ship in lego, "L'Algésiras".

Decades ago I wrote a spy novel where a public page for Shayd DeGrai was a run signal to warn a deep cover operative that his active persona had been compromised. It was an acronym for "Someone Has All Your Data, Drop Everything, Go (to) Roost, Await Instructions".

I rather liked the name, so years later as a GM for a fantasy role-playing game, I used the name Shayd for any agent of a information brokering organization. Shayd agents lurked in shadows and lingered in taverns eavesdropping on conversations and collecting rumors that they could resell later on.

When e-bulletin boards, the Internet and chat rooms came along I started using the id Shayd as, in my mind, it was similar to "lurker" but not as common.

When I started joining LEGO fan-sites I discovered that Shayd was not uncommon enough and that despite being "Shayd" on scores of other sites, I'd need to mix things up. That was when I looked at my LEGO collection and realized that more than three quarters of it was either black, white or some shade of gray - so It made perfect sense to me append the Shayd's original last name to my sign on.

And in answer to questions asked at various web sites:

A) My used of "ShaydDeGrai" dates back to the mid 90's and has nothing to do with the book "Fifty Shades of Gray"

B) Yes, both the name and the book title _could_ apply to the color of my hair, but it was _supposed_ to refer the dominant colors of my LEGO collection

My name dates back to when I registered for the Megatokyo forums in 2002... Seeing as how Megatokyo is an Anime-esque webcomic and most of its fans/forums are dedicated to anime and manga, I decided to use the name of an original Manga Character I came up with about two years prior for a fantasy manga idea I had that has, sadly, fallen by the wayside. Hikaro Takayama, or to use the typical Japanese rendering of the name, Takayama Hikaro, means Tall Mountain's Son of the Wild Fire (or flying sparks), which fits the character's role in the story (basically he serves as the catalyst for a revolution in his home land and ends up leading said home land against several greater evils).

I've just used the name since on every forum I've ever joined in order to avoid confusion.

Mine is my nickname that my friends call me, it is short for my real name, the nicknames I get called are kez or kezzy and know that I have googled them I don't like them (I need a name change) LOL :)

Mine's my first name and the initial of my surname. Boring or what? :shrug_oh_well:

Possibly more amusing is "concretebadger", the domain name of my own site and the username I use on some other online places. The halls of residence at my old university were described by the student newspaper as "...designed by an army of one-armed badgers with a concrete fixation." The buildings were indeed ugly concrete things (the student paper is itself called 'Concrete'!) but I have a sentimental attachment to the place and it makes for a username that's never already taken when I register somewhere!

Mine is because I was and always is still called Zach Attack by my relatives for me being?I can't seem to remember why,and I just put the X because why not.