I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Wow. I had forgotten about the anniversary... It seemed like forever since we started... though I believe the idea started a week or two before these posts.

But after a year, 773 topics and 18945 replies - I think everyone should get a nice pat on the back!

It truly is inspiring to see what a collective group can accomplish. And what really has thrilled me is watching the grown in building through the various challenges.

And I'm sure all will be rewarded in due course.

Specifically I also want to thank Kaliphlin guild for motoring on even if I disappear at times (I'm still recovering from IB). Its great to know I'm not needed and can turn to areas where I am needed.

--

This might sound a bit morbid and counter intuitive, but I can't wait till GoH is "over" so I can build for it :laugh:

Wow a year has passed.

Time flies away when you are doing something you like. :classic:

I went back and read through the first few pages of this thread, back when ISC was putting something together but it wasn't firmed up yet. It started on Nov 4th, although I don't think the guilds were finalized until a few days later (I didn't join until Nov 9). It's amazing how many people signed up in this thread in the first few days but didn't go on to participate. I suppose everyone overestimates their free time (me included). Of the Nov 4th signups, only DG, brickdoctor, Dr Rod, mikey, DarkDragon, and the guild leaders have stuck it out the whole way through. So here's a big shoutout to you all for being a part of GoH the entire time!

4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

I waited for all four guilds to be announced, then waited to build my army before joining AV. InAvalonia, I think we have 5 members who have a build in every challenge! Now that is awesome!

dG, LD, MB, rougeang and myself.

On top of that we have had other great contributors who have entered multiple challenges like BB, Rolli and styrbjorn to name a few. Really strong showing guys.

This whole thing have been great! I remember when it all started with discussions around the guilds and I wanted so much to go to the Western grasslands! :classic:

It´s really nice to see how many that have joined and been here with mocs, comments and their own history to make GoH come to life!

:thumbup:

And of course I been around for the whole time! This is by far the most important thing that happened to my Lego career! :classic:

Wow, what I find astonishing is that both MikeyB and NiceMarmot had never built MOC's or posted before GoH. When I look at your creations, you guys look like seasoned pros!

dG, LD, MB, rougeang and myself.

4 more years definitely! however I missed out challenge 3 so you'll have to take me off that list :cry_sad:

I'm trying to make up for that though with heaps of random freebuilds!

Wow, what I find astonishing is that both MikeyB and NiceMarmot had never built MOC's or posted before GoH.

neither had I :classic:

I had been lurking for years looking at some great MOC and slowly picking up bricks I thought would be useful for Castle builds from PAB walls when I traveled if I ever took the plunge into MOCing.

I am so glad I did, the progress I feel I made is great and the ideas and techniques the Guild has provided from tons of users has definitely helped push me along.

It is surprising that you guys hadn't posted any MOCs, you are now two awesome builders! :thumbup: Shame it took me so long to find out about GoH (and EB!) (I saw it first when there was some front page advertisement about Challenge 3), but didn't join for - a month or so? (About the time it took me to - leisurely - read the first post in a couple of the guilds...) (I think I had already posted a few Modular Madness entires, so I didn't have 0 MOCs under my belt...)

Prior to GoH I had made 1 castle MOC and had never tried landscaping. It was a big leap for me!

Wow, has it really been a year already? I got curious and went back and looks like I officially joined on Nov 8th last year.

Before GOH, I only had one MOC (which I try not to think about :classic: ) and beyond that spent most of my time lurking.

Its been great seeing how everyone has progressed with their building styles, it seems like every build gets better from than the last one across the board. I know I have picked up some great techniques and ideas from the other members. A year ago, I never thought I could make what I do today.

Here's to another year of GOH!

GoH was exactly what I needed to start building with my overly giant collection. I had been collecting since I got the King's Castle for Christmas in 85, but hadn't built a castle MOC in about 15 years - I was just always collecting to build at a later date. My MOCs had always consisted primarily of castle wall pieces for the base before GoH and I'm kind of sad that I've lost that innocence and can never rely solely on those for castle walls again. I'm very happy with how much my building has improved by being around such great builders, how much more versatile my parts collection is now with all my challenge purchases, and mostly by how many amazing creations have been posted here. GoH is the best thing to happen to Lego since EB (and SW before) IMO.

Wow, so many great builders came out of GoH. It's astonishing that so many of my favourite builders here are new to MOCing - now some are even MOC experts, in just one year! I was not an active builder before GoH, and since I joined Kaliphlin I have been blogged by TBB twice, so it has been amazing for me. A big thanks to the guild leaders and to all the members, and Happy Anniversary!

:classic:

I'll give myself a pie to celebrate one year GoH :grin:

I've been lurking for the past couple of months too... Maybe I should give in and just join in on all the fun!

Just join and before you know you'll be hooked! :wink:

Just join and before you know you'll be hooked! :wink:

Well at the moment my Twisted Tales story telling Mocs are taking up all my time and bricks. So I don't think I'll be able to actually contribute until I finish that project.

I've been lurking for the past couple of months too... Maybe I should give in and just join in on all the fun!

Yes, it would be great to have you here! I would recommend Kaliphlin or Nocturnus right now. Twisted Tales can relocate to Historica pretty easily I think.

Edited by robuko

Yes, it would be great to have you here! I would recommend Kaliphlin or Nocturnus right now. Twisted Tales can relocate to Historica pretty easily I think.

I could ask a mod to transfer the entire topic to Historica... That might actually be a very good idea!

Wow, so many great builders came out of GoH. It's astonishing that so many of my favourite builders here are new to MOCing - now some are even MOC experts, in just one year! I was not an active builder before GoH, and since I joined Kaliphlin I have been blogged by TBB twice...

When you say TBB - what are you referring to? Not the Brick Blogger, I take it (I've been blogged there but I'm pretty sure you haven't :wink: ). The Brothers Brick, maybe?

Yes, TBB is The Brothers Brick and one of his MOC's is about 3 stories down on the front page right now. I didn't realized the rest of you were that new as well. When I think of the great castle builders they are pretty much all in GoH, and I just assumed you had all been active forever! I haven't even hit my 2 year mark of collecting/building out of my 15 year dark age, and most of my building is also within GoH. I actually jumped into CCCIX last year to get me started then joined here on January 1st!

Wow, what I find astonishing is that both MikeyB and NiceMarmot had never built MOC's or posted before GoH. When I look at your creations, you guys look like seasoned pros!

Prior to GoH I had made 1 castle MOC and had never tried landscaping. It was a big leap for me!

*huh**oh2* WAT!?!

I'm trying to make up for that though with heaps of random freebuilds!

I hardly noticed... :tongue:

Not trying to urge you in any direction,

*sings* Yes I am!! :devil:

but judging on your area of Medieval expertise, I would highly suggest a plot of Avalonian Land. However, take a really good look at the pieces you have...

you may realize you lack in an area you thought you excelled in. Take it from a man with personal experience... :grin:

Personally, I've been a part of GoH for... 4-5 months. I had no idea how young it was when I first arrived.

To further entice more people to join, maybe we should hold a Eurobricks-wide contest.

Might I suggest either a "Thankful Feast" contest, or a "Birthday Bash" contest.

Edited by Penkid11

But judging on your area of Medieval expertise, I would highly suggest a plot of Avalonian Land. However, take a really good look at the pieces you have...

you may realize you lack in an area you thought you excelled in. Take it from a man with personal experience... :grin:

What area do I lack in? I have no idea... What do you mean?

Really nice to be a member here, I posted some of my first mocs here, the mocs before them was not so good and not my first mocs here, but now I can build. Really awesome to build with so awesome builders here, so I say JOIN! JOIN! Even if the challanges soon are over it's fun! I'm happy who found this :classic:

What area do I lack in? I have no idea... What do you mean?

Guild related colors of/and parts. Good stonework pieces, white plates, etc. To be honest, judging from Twisted Tales, you don't really have to worry.