I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

Between Sandy and WBDown, not to mention my own thoughts on the matter of the guilds I feel its best served to start with 4 guild groups of no real affiliation who can work as a team to inspire a common goal for their group at each challenge level, be it through common brainstorming, critique, photography skills, reviews, guild alliances etc.

How does this sound?

Each guild will have to devise a character/avatar for each member of the guild, any race, creed, etc is up for grabs.

How then does you guild best interact in the castle world?

What will they devise as a means for food and water?

How will they protect their land?

What types of devices will they invent?

How will you barter with other guilds?

Design a crest for your guild,

Preferred habitat? etc

Would this spark enough interest in all the members? Will each member be able to easily include members of their guild in a MOC or review?

Do I need to put people of similar interests into the same guild for starters? Or can an Orc and human coexist with a dwarf?

At this stage we need to move forward a little otherwise we run the risk of too many conflicting voices. At this stage for simplicity sake lets say the guilds are simply North-East-South-West, and then allegiances can be fleshed out within a guild of 6 members etc.

Posted in both topics so hopefully clear and not missed.

Hi ISC

Well I certainly have enough bricks, and I have the will. So eskallon is signing up. I havent built anything in a while so now may be the perfect time for this.

Do I need to put people of similar interests into the same guild for starters? Or can an Orc and human coexist with a dwarf?

Hmm, I would say that to make everything smooth it would need to be grouped within the similar interests. This would keep everything in order rather than having different factions all over the place.

P.S- Would you rather we disscussed this in the other topic or is either acceptable?

Ogre, signing up!

*edit* Ooooooo! Post #800! :grin:

Edited by Ogre

First post is updated with the Guild leaders, I think you will agree they are a great bunch to have as leaders :blush:

Congrats to Sirens-of-titan, SI-Mocs and Derfel Cadarn for agreeing to join me as leaders!

More members will be added to the first post as well

People can of course move to a preferred guild if so. Let us know here.

Until now I still know nothing about the guilds. Will that change?

I hope so, because I am the same :laugh:

Although if leaders are picking teams, ignore my comment about me not knowing what is going on... so don't pick me last... too many memories of being picked last for soccer. :laugh:

I hope so, because I am the same :laugh:

Although if leaders are picking teams, ignore my comment about me not knowing what is going on... so don't pick me last... too many memories of being picked last for soccer. :laugh:

Its coming along nicely guys, just give us a day or so to name the guilds, design a standard, and fill in the back story, which if I do say so myself is really exciting and cool :thumbup:

Each guild will have its own pinned topic shortly for its members to mingle in and discuss ideas etc, anything secretive for the guild would be handled by PM of course :devil:

Angeli, for the dark side ;)

I have a whole bunch of evil creatures just waiting for skirmishes, so... hurry up! ;)

Thanks guys, here are the team leaders and a rough idea of their land type.

Names of lands still coming.

Northern chill - Sirens-of-titan

Eastern Darklands - I Scream Clone

Southern deserts - SI-Mocs

Western grasslands - Derfel Cadarn

All guild lands are joined by green forests/planes etc in the middle allowing all members to be able to contribute either the harsher remote environments or something closer to the middle of the world. More coming soon!

At this stage I would like members to choose one of the groups, we will try to accomodate most requests, though we want it somewhat even as well.

Angeli and Dr Rod have expressed an interest in joining the Eastern Darklands (name to come soon)

At this stage I would like members to choose one of the groups, we will try to accomodate most requests, though we want it somewhat even as well.

I think I'd like to join the Eastern Darklands. It should be lots of fun to get to be the evil guild!