I Scream Clone

Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread

You know I can't resist a good community castle build...I'm in!

Thrash

What is this exactly? Something for some event/convention? LDD? I'll need some more information before I decide.

Lightningtiger, signing up !(especially after I have finished my first castle-style MOC ever - I think castle will become second to town for me now over SW :grin: )

I'm very sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but could someone point me to some background info on this - What is it?!

What is this exactly? Something for some event/convention? LDD? I'll need some more information before I decide.

If you can read the Historical Stimulus Package topic, it will spell it all out to you.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61598&st=0

Great to see the support guys, looking forward to kicking this off soon.

The Penguin is signing up!

Time to return to good ol' Castle days!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I'd love to be in this project, so count Sandy in! :grin:

I do have a question, though. Will we be allowed to choose our guild, or will we be randomly slotted to them? I for one think getting to choose our own guilds would increase motivation to build for them, but on the other hand it might lead to the guilds having an uneven number of builders.

If you can read the Historical Stimulus Package topic, it will spell it all out to you.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61598&st=0

Great to see the support guys, looking forward to kicking this off soon.

I have to disagree, ISC, there's so much going on in that topic that it doesn't really spell it out at all. You can't expect people to read 9 pages and pick out the essential information from it, at least in my opinion. It'd be best to have some sort of compilation as to what exactly we're signing into. :wink:

TazManiac signing up.....someone has to keep all you buggers in check....don't giggle I'm serious!

I would love to participate, but i won't be able to do anything until after Xmas i'm afraid. But if you are looking to start the community build after that, then i'd love to be involved. When is it likely to start?

I'd love to be in this project, so count Sandy in! :grin:

I do have a question, though. Will we be allowed to choose our guild, or will we be randomly slotted to them? I for one think getting to choose our own guilds would increase motivation to build for them, but on the other hand it might lead to the guilds having an uneven number of builders.

I have to disagree, ISC, there's so much going on in that topic that it doesn't really spell it out at all. You can't expect people to read 9 pages and pick out the essential information from it, at least in my opinion. It'd be best to have some sort of compilation as to what exactly we're signing into. :wink:

Hi Sandy,

I appreciate that this thread is really long, but there are a lot of solid hints as to what this is going to end up looking like.

Regarding your question, from what I understand, things are still being ironed out. The only problem with having members choose a guild is that the guilds could end up being so imbalanced that only one or two of the guilds actually has enough members to sustain itself. This could sink the project before it even gets on its feet.

The only problem with having members choose a guild is that the guilds could end up being so imbalanced that only one or two of the guilds actually has enough members to sustain itself. This could sink the project before it even gets on its feet.

If it is the case that the guilds are chosen for us, I'll probably unsign, as I want to do Orc huts, but could end up making an Elven castle. Which, as well as not being my cup of tea, requires a hell of a lot more bricks than I had in mind. :hmpf:

I'll wait for confirmation on this before unsigning. :sceptic:

Edited by Scorpiox

If it is the case that the guilds are chosen for us, I'll probably unsign, as I want to do Orc huts, but could end up making an Elven castle. Which, as well as not being my cup of tea, requires a hell of a lot more bricks than I had in mind. :hmpf:

I'll wait for confirmation on this before unsigning. :sceptic:

Looking at the results of the poll regarding guild builds , it doesn't look like we'll be bound to our factions style (and no one is going to stop you building whatever you like either way).

We are just trying to strengthen the community and add a little spice to the history forum.