Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Prison Riot! The Conclusion

Anyone can post in this thread. Thanks to everyone for the awesome game!

:wub:

001.jpg

"Nyar-har!" Zosma cries as he jumps out with a knife to put an end to the foul Mars Savatrucha gang. The pesky Tierro Prius stands in his way.

"Step aside, Tierro!" Zosma cries, "This doesn't concern you fickle neutral Scumbags...well, not Scum, but ... well, what's another word? Scum describes you so well."

"And I hate to disappoint you, Spaghetti-head," Tierro laughs, "But I had the steak tonight, so I'm going to block your little revenge attack."

002.jpg

"Aw ruckynutz!" Tierro swears, "I forgot to eat the steak! It's still in my cell. Hold here. I'll be right back."

003.jpg

"Not so fast!" Illiap Reertu growls as he aims the interrogation gun at Tierro.

"Fish-lips!" Tierro cries, "But how? You were lynched!"

"The handcuffs don't work on slippery little fins!" Illiap laughs, "When I got myself out of the chair, the Warden thought it meant I was good with technical things, so he gave me this gun to try and repair. I haven't made any adjustments so I thought I would test it on you first to see what was wrong!"

004.jpg

Zap!

In her final breath as she is being disintegrated, Tierro cries "This must be because I forgot to get my Night Action in! But there was only one person I could block and Hinckley should've inferred from our conversation that I couldn't block the Paranoid Gun Owner or the Bomb or myself and it's clear I'd been voting with Mars Savatrucha so dying over a technicality after surviving the entire game as the only witch..."

Too bad she didn't have time to complete that thought...

Tierro Prius was a Model Inmate (Town).

005.jpg

"It's mighty sporting of you to wait for Tierro to come back and block you," Killoopio tells Zosma, "You could've just stabbed me when she left."

"Aw shit, I could've," Zosma sighs.

006.jpg

"Nyar-hyar!" Illiap laughs as she points the gun at Killoopio Daylight.

"Illiap!" Killoopio cries, "But how? You were..."

"Oh read the last paragraph," Illiap rolls her eyes and pulls the trigger.

007.jpg

Unfortunately for Illiap, the gun was still rather glitchy and oftentimes did weird things, like kill the person pulling the trigger.

Illiap Reertu was Scum, a member of the El Plutns gang

008.jpg

"Scum Pig!" Zosma cries as he steps forward and stabs Killoopio in the throat, "Oink oink piggy! Die like a piggy..."

009.jpg

"I'm so proud of myself," Zosma says to himself, "So proud I shall foolishly turn my back before his body hits the ground, giving him the chance to kill me right back. What food did he eat again? It's so hard to tell sometimes. He's going to be tasty when I fry him up."

010.jpg

If Killoopio hadn't been stabbed in the throat he would be saying something like a cheesy Earth action-hero might say, "I'm the bomb, baby" or something like that. Instead, he silently slices into Zosma's back.

011.jpg

Unfortunately for Zosma, Killoopio is rather skilled with a knife and removes the cannibal's entire spine.

012.jpg

Amazingly, both corpses hit the ground at the same time.

Zosma was Scum, a member of the Venus Lords gang

Killoopio Daylight was Scum, a member of the Mars Savatrucha gang

013.jpg

...leaving Scar Mimitsus as the sole remaining survivor of Prison Riot! the all-scum Mafia game experiment thingy, giving a win to the Mars Savatrucha team, the only damn team not based on a Chicago gang. :hmpf_bad: Stupid LA gang...

014.jpg

"We miscalculated!" Officer CometFire Vun cries, "There isn't anyone left to stab Scar Mimitsus!"

"Settle down." Officer Elles Fissionfire says, "I've left the back door unlocked. Officer Patrick's Jedi Starfighter is out there with the astromech droid in the ignition. Scar, take the starfighter and escape. I've spiked Dr. Stormdream's water so it looks like he got drunk on the job. The warden will blame him for leaving the door open and we can have our vacation!"

"Is there room in the starfighter for Sully?" Scar asks.

"Sully?" Officer Fissionfire asks, "That mute inmate that died a few years back? I guess he could fit. If you could find his corpse."

"But he's standing right here!" Scar insists.

"Sure he is," Officer Fissionfire says, "Go have fun out in the galaxy you criminally insane blue turd."

015.jpg

"You're a damn good kisser for a ghost," Scar tells Sully.

016.jpg

"Now that everyone else is dead, aren't I looking at least a little more attractive?" Officer Cometfire Vun asks.

"Drop it, Vun." Officer Fissionfire snaps, "I've still got my man..."

017.jpg

Cuxun Marsburst inexplicably appears from behind a column.

"Wha????" Officer Vun asks.

"We faked his death," Officer Fissionfire explains, "So now we can live happily ever after and I can suck that crystal cock every evening."

"But the doctor had his cock in the morgue!" Officer Vun argues, "And his ghost appeared and rearranged Zosma's head eels."

"Oh, we used the holo-projector," Cuxun Marsburst explains and although it's a ridiculous explanation, Officer Vun is fine with that and goes his separate way.

018.jpg

"Scar Mimitsus is making his way out to the landing pad if you'd like to go stab him in the back for betraying you and your team," Officer Fissionfire tells Cuxun.

"Oh, that's OK," Cuxun says, "I'm sure he had good reason. He may have tried to kill me, but that's understandable. We were in a gang war. And you know the saying, all's fair in love and war. Can't argue with that logic. No hard feelings."

"Wow," Officer Fissionfire says, "You really are the nicest man with the biggest cock in the entire universe."

019.jpg

"Yes, yes I am." Cuxun Marsburst answers, "Now let's get out of here and live out the rest of our days on Earth's beautiful Moon..."

Non Playing Characters

00_npc_bek.jpg

Warden Bek Sunfell

00_npc_elles.jpg

Officer Elles Fissionfire

00_npc_koukiu.jpg

Doctor Koukiu Stormdream

00_npc_lazer_dead.jpg

Officer Lazer Strewn

00_npc_cometfire.jpg

Officer Cometfire Vun

The Sole Survivor

scar.jpg

Scar Mimitsus (Scouts)

Crime: Election fraud. Scar was a Campaign Manager for a very popular politician in the Pelly System. When his candidate was threatened by a rival and the election was dangerously close, Scar invented a third-party candidate that was, in-fact a Non-Playing Character.

Sentence: Life. No eligibility for parole.

The Deceased Players

jissaleh_dead.jpg

Jissaleh Blazen (JimButcher) convicted on Day One - Scum (El Plutns Gang)

Crime: Stupidity. Jissaleh is from the ZubZub System where it is illegal to have a low IQ. Mayonnaise beat Jissaleh at the ZubZub IQ test.

rufulzud_dead.jpg

Rufulzud Novadora (Rufus/Pandora) killed (twice) by shiv on Night One - Scum (El Plutns Gang)

Crime: Insanity. Rufulzud has a split personality disorder. Unfortunately for him/her, he/she settled in the Cameron System where it’s illegal to have a mental disorder. Rufulzud’s personalities also alternate between robbing banks and dealing drugs.

Sentence: 20 years. Eligible for parole in 5.

derwar_dead.jpg

Derwar Gravis (def) poisoned on Night One - Scum (Mars Savatrucha Gang)

Crime: Cannibalism. Derwar is an unknown species and nobody knows where he comes from. His favorite meal is mammal and he committed over 100 murders before he was apprehended.

shadowghost_dead.jpg

Shadowghost Sturch (Shadows) killed by shiv on Night Two - Scum (Saturn's Rings)

Crime: Also, known as "Death Swirly." Convicted on 18 counts of drowning people in toilets.

Sentence: 18 consecutive life sentence. No eligibility for parole. Also, court-ordered to admit daily to being kind of a dick.

cuxun_dead.jpg

Cuxun Marsburst (CorneliusMurdock) poisoned on Night Two - Scum (Venus Lords Gang)

Crime: Kindness. Cuxun is from the Dickhead Galaxy where it’s illegal to be nice.

Sentence: Death. Unfortunately, the Dickheads have zero tolerance for nice people.

rirsol_dead.jpg

Rirsol Maasym (Rick) convicted on Day Three - Scum (Saturn's Rings Gang)

Crime: Murder. Rirsol hates junkies. But, his only trade is drug dealing. He laced the space meth he was selling with poison to wipe out those junkies he hated so much. When he ran out of customers, he turned himself in.

Sentence: Life. Eligible for parole in 80 years. Luckily for Rirsol, his species lives for 300 years, on average.

saproton_dead.jpg

Saproton Veeck (Sandy) convicted on Day Four - Scum (Saturn's Rings Gang)

Crime: Murder. Saproton is a feared street shark from the Babonda System. A natural predator with an eye for travel, his hunting was mistaken for murder.

whindum_dead.jpg

Whindum Foxum (WhiteFang) killed by penalty on Night Four - Scum (Venus Lords Gang)

Crime: Mass Murder, Hubris and Fraud. Whindum convinced 40 individuals in the Fanglish System that he was a messenger of God. They gave their life savings to him and he convinced them that suicide was the way to commune with God. He’d have gotten away with it if his narcissistic tendencies hadn’t gotten the best of him. The GBI (Galactic Bureau of Investigation) setup a fake tabloid interview where he was intervened.

Sentence: Death. Unfortunately for Whindum, Hubris is punishable by death in the Fanglish System.

bate_dead.jpg

Bate Cos (Big Cam) murdered on Night Four - Scum (Mars Savatrucha Gang)

Crime: Tax evasion. One of the most diabolical gangsters in the Panty Galaxy. After decades of organized crime, Bate finally made an error on his tax return in the amount of 23 space cents.

Sentence: 80 years in prison. Eligible for parole in 60. In the meantime, however, Bate complains of being haunted by his first wife, who he murdered for talking to the GBI (Galactic Bureau of Investigation)

drakius_dead.jpg

Drakius Knight (Dragonator) murdered on Night Four - Scum (Venus Lords Gang)

Crime: Chain Mail. Drakius is one of those megablocks who sends those stupid Chain E-mails.

Sentence: Death. The sentence is rather lenient for such a douchebag.

foog_dead.jpg

Foog Roorum (Fugazi) murdered on Night Four - Scum (El Plutns Gang)

Crime: Murder. Foog has a mental condition where he has an unsatiable urge to break bones…and smash skulls…and smother people. He was convicted on 23 counts of murder in the Judtron and Mebo Systems.

Sentence: 23 consecutive life sentences. No eligibility for parole.

pronti_dead.jpg

Pronti Flavior (Professor Flitwick) murdered on Night Five - Scum (Saturn's Rings Gang)

Crime: Pronti is a college professor turned drug dealer. A long series of hardships led her to the accidental murder of a Police Officer in the Fuckwit System.

illiap_dead.jpg

Illiap Reertu (iamded) convicted on Day Six - Scum (El Plutns Gang)

Crime: Theft. Illiap was on a roll, robbing many pit stops in the Amy System. The Police were baffled at how she was able to avoid capture for so long. Until she tried to steal a bottle of vodka from one of the pit stops. The clerk doubted she was of legal drinking age, so she showed him her ID, which has her Intergalactic vehicle tracking code. She was apprehended 20 minutes later.

Sentence: 50 years. Eligible for parole in 30.

tierro_dead.jpg

Tierro Prius (TinyPiesRUs) killed by penalty during the conclusion - Model Inmate (Town)

Crime: Mass Murder, classified as Hate Crimes. Tierro hates blue people and left a trail of dead blue bodies across the Universe. Not blue from suffocation. They were blue to begin with. She was finally being apprehended, ironically in the Tolerance System.

Sentence: Five years. Causing a bit of controversy throughout the Universe, the judge who presided over Tierro’s trial was her bigot sister.

killoopio_dead.jpg

Killoopio Daylight (KielDaMan) murdered in the conclusion - Scum (Mars Savatrucha Gang)

Crime: Murder. Killoopio is an explosives expert…who hates people. Killoopio went on a murder spree in the Lucas System, disguising bombs as Cheeseburgers. 58 overweight fast food guests were killed before he was apprehended.

zosma_dead.jpg

Zosma (Zepher) murdered in the conclusion - Scum (Venus Lords Gang)

Crime: Cannibalism. Zosma believes himself to be a werewolf, but that will never never be true.

Sentence: Life. Eligible for parole in 80 years. Fortunately for Zosma, his species has an average lifespan of 1000 years.

Alternate

Inconspicuous

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Model Inmates) or the Scum (Gang Members). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles. To win, you must kill off all other factions.
  2. Each day you will vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). Proxy voting is allowed, with the format Proxy: Character (Player) and Unproxy: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. The player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, no lynch will take place. Voting is mandatory. Failure to vote will result in the untimely death of your character. Please remember that the reason for the delay is that players all reside in different Time Zones. It is usually unfair to a player to log in and find themselves voted out. Accusations should occur during the first 12 hours as a courtesy to the accused to defend themselves before voting starts.
  3. A game day will last 48 hours. You may not vote in the first 12 hours. The day will end after 48 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 24 hours (or 48 hours if an emergency comes up). You are required to use your action. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.
  4. You may not choose the same meal two days in a row. Players may not target themselves.
  5. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  6. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the host via PM. That includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game. Metagaming should similarly be done at your own risk.
  8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  9. You may not edit your posts.
  10. You must post in every day thread.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in the untimely death of your character.
  12. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

020.jpg

Congratulations Scum! :grin: I will add more analysis after I'm lambasted and raked across the coals. :blush: I'd like to hear from all of you first. In about a half hour, I'll get all the Night Actions up. :wacko: Shared Action is hard. I look forward to hosting a normal game again...in about a year. I need a break. :wink:

Congratulations, Mars Savatrucha! :grin: Great work. :thumbup:

Ha! Great game, Hinck.

This was a real challenge for all of us. I'd like to thank Draggy, Fangy, and Zepher for being a great team to play with. We almost had it.

Cuxun gets the last laugh, however. He gets to live on the moon with his moon maiden Elles. What more could a crystal man ask for?

Okay, so many things to say.

Hinckley, thanks for a superb game. For the most part, I had a blast, and I thank you for that! Your story telling and your attention to character detail makes me so happy in every day I play with you! Thank you so much for a great experience. We've talked in thread about what can be improved a little, so no coal-racking from me. I'm sure the others will attend to it.

To my team: thanks. You were awesome, I love playing with all of you.

To Pies: Sorry dude. I was in earnest when I said I thought you deserved a win. I knew you were tricking me, but I was sort of screwed at this point anyway, so I figured what the hell.

To everyone in this game (feel free to include or exclude yourself from this rant being directed at you if you feel): I'm taking a break from Mafia games for a while, because of all of you. They just aren't fun to me anymore, for a number of reasons. 1) Sassing the host, especially during the game, especially in the discussion thread or in a personal manner, is ridiculously unfair. There is a time and place for it... right now! Hosting takes a shit load of time and effort and hosts are doing everyone on this forum a favor and I think everyone has forgotten that. Secondly, the amount of in fighting has gotten ridiculous. Bury old skeletons people. I guess that's the curse of the same people each game "I trusted blank and blank last game, I'll trust them this game" etc. Metagaming is ridiculous. The same people fight each game, the same people start PMs each game with the same people... it's so silly and tiring, and it makes you have to play every game the same. On top of that people have given up all pretense of it! It's a popularity contest. If you are friends with the person on the rest of EB, you contact them here. It's no fun for me or anyone else. The part that really bothers me is the fighting. The same people fight and get revenge on each other each game. It's boring and annoying and ruins the game for others and it's selfish in my opinion. It's metagaming and there's a reason I think there should be a rule against it. I'm not exempt I LEFT PEOPLE ALIVE THIS GAME BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY'D FIGHT AND CAUSE CONFUSION. And guess what. They did.

Mini-Rant off. Most of you, great game. Hinck, awesome hosting once again, thanks so much. I'm sorry if I'm being rude to everyone but the rudeness and revenge factors in this game have gotten to such a point that I can't stand it and just need a break. Most of you are great people and great players. Well, hell, all of you are great people, and pretty much all of you are great players, it's just getting muddled with all these petty game arcing fights.

WOOOOO! Sully and I will live on forever :wub::cry_happy: :cry_happy:

Great job team, we did a fantastic job! Def, BigCam, Kiel, you're all awesome! Sucks you all died, but that's the thug life, after all :tongue: .

Thanks Hinckley for hosting this experimental game! It was great fun and a thrill to try something new :sweet: Excellent presentation and story telling (and the humor)!

Yay for the Team win! :sweet: Like what I've said in our writeboard, I'm proud to have played with you def, Cam, Scouty and how we (almost) perfectly played our cards in this game. Who would've thought that in an all-scum-with-no-fixed-kill game, we could pull this off without actually killing someone (offensively at least). And extra congrats to my little rocky buddy for being the sole survivor! :thumbup: Pies, we wish you were with us to the end though. :sadnew:

Hinck, thanks for inviting me to play in this game even though I'm the least experienced among all the players. It was a pleasure playing in your game, and sorry for being a prick for complaining about the slow pace of the game midway through this. Ultimately, I had fun playing and it's a very good experience to have played an all-scum game. :classic:

I have still much to say, but I'll gather my thoughts and share later.

Great game everybody. It was fun to watch, and most of the time scratch my head over. :blush: The photography was great, and the characters kind of funny. There's not much to say, other than congrats to Scouts for being the scummiest. (Can't comment much, most of the things were happening behind-the-scenes, it seems.

The one big issue I have, though, is that this basically isn't a mafia game. It uses the same mechanics and everything, of course, but the entire focus shifted from town lynching the scum to everybody just trying to take out the big roles and even out the numbers. But hey, that's what makes it an experiment. And points for the idea. :thumbup:

A few more notes. I was apparently too angry to label my point 2 above... whoops. Also I think my saying "Bury old skeletons people" is a combo of bury the hatchet and skeletons in the closet... whoops x2. Finally, I failed to congratulate Scar! Congrats! :wub:

So, before you understand my spreadsheet, you should see what each meal did, at the beginning. This game mechanic was setup at the beginning, as some people during Bloodbrick II, mostly the Scum, wanted the meds to switch around a bit. The game mechanic I'm referring is to some of the meals changing. For example, when the poison meal was killed off, the antidote became the poison, since there was no longer any reason for the antidote. When the weapons were all removed the informative roles were replaced with weapons...which caused a mid-game bloodbath. There was also a meal that gave the ability to switch two meals. Foog, I didn't switch the shiv meal! It was switched by another team. :blush: I expect a lot of feedback and I don't think it was a perfect game by any means, but it was fun and fascinating! I loved this game and I feel I made a couple of mistakes, I learned so much about hosting and about taking things too seriously and... I just learned a lot and had a ton of fun. Here are the meal definitions, followed by the order they were taken in.

Salisbury Steak The Salisbury Steak is creamy…which is odd. Hidden under your tray is a holo-device. You will use this device at night to learn the affiliation of one other player. (Investigator)

Fish Sticks Your Fish Sticks are still mostly frozen. However hidden amongst them is a shiv. This shiv can only be used in defense. If someone attacks you during the night, you will kill them instead. (Paranoid Gun Owner)

Carrot Cake Carrot Cake is delicious! Hidden under your tray is a small vial of antidote. You will administer the antidote to one other player to protect them from the poisoner. You can use this Action on yourself. (Antidote)

Peach Cobbler Your Peach Cobbler is very bland. A holo-file device has been hidden under your tray. You will use this device to learn the affiliation of one other member. This Action must be used during the day. (Day Investigator)

Chocolate Chip Pancakes Chocolate Chip Pancakes are the best meal on the cart! As the guard passes out your meal, he asks you which two meals you would like swapped tomorrow. For example, if the Cookies are the Thief and the Monkey Brains are the Jester, you can swap them for tomorrow, so that the Cookies are the Jester and the Monkey Brains are the Thief. (Action Switcher)

Cheeseburger The Cheeseburger is a little too greasy. However it gives you the ability to change another players Night Action target. (Bus Driver)

Boiled Sauerkraut The Boiled Sauerkraut makes you gag. Why does it come with a spoon and a knife? Oh, that's a shiv! You may kill one other player tonight. (Night Kill)

Rice & Beans The Rice & Beans together make a complete protein. Yippee. Hidden under your tray is a holo-menu. The device gives you the ability to see what one other meal does. This Action must be used during the day. (Day Flavor Cop)

Macaroni & Cheese Your Macaroni & Cheese has coagulated into a solid lump. Hidden under your tray is a small vial of poison. You will use this vial at night to poison one other meal. The person who takes that meal tomorrow will die before the day ends. (Poisoner)

Grilled Steak The Grilled Steak is one of the best meals on the cart. With a massive amount of protein, it gives you the energy to block someone at night. (Blocker)

Grilled Chicken The Grilled Chicken is a little dry. However, it gives you the ability to protect one other player tonight. (Protector)

Mashed Potatoes The Mashed Potatoes have the consistency of Tomato Soup, but they at least make you unkillable for the night. (Unkillable - by shiv)

Bread & Water The Bread & Water is rather tasty for something that would seem rather bland. As the guard hands you your meal, he professes that he's always thought you were one of the better-behaved inmate. He'd like to help you out. He'll tell you what one other Prisoner ate today. This Action must be used during the day.

Eggs & Bacon The Eggs are crispy and the Bacon is runny! Not the best meal. It upsets your stomach quite a bit. You're so gassy that if someone attacks you you just might explode! Also, there's a shiv hidden under your tray. If someone attacks you, you attack right back. However, it will not protect you from being killed yourself. (Bomb)

Spaghetti Spaghetti is the perfect meal for a megablocking prison snitch. You have the ability to Watch and Track one other player for the night. You will be able to see who they target and who targets them. (Watcher/Tracker)

Pepperoni Pizza The Pepperoni Pizza is spicy! This meal comes with the added bonus of your choice of contraband. One of the guards has smuggles somethings in that you can use. You must choose one of the four guards to receive your Action from: Elles Fissionfire, Koukiu Stormdream, Lazer Strewn or Cometfire Vun (Random Investigator)

Mixed Fruit The Mixed Fruit tastes fruity! Why does it come with a spoon and a knife? Oh, that's a shiv! You may kill one other player tonight. (Night Kill)

022.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

Final final final comment: I liked playing Zosma (finally another chance to play a successful werewolf :tongue: ). I hope I didn't bother people too much with my talk of THE moon!

Oh and thanks for Fangy for the "short but fruitful" alliance midway in the game. We were actually intent of pursuing that path and 'honoring that alliance' with the Venus guys until they got caught up with the Venus vs. Saturn rivalry. :sceptic:

One minor question Hinck, what did happen to Flit on Night 5?

If he was killed by me via PGO, then wasn't I blocked by iamded so my PGO shouldn't have worked?

Oh and thanks for Fangy for the "short but fruitful" alliance midway in the game. We were actually intent of pursuing that path and 'honoring that alliance' with the Venus guys until they got caught up with the Venus vs. Saturn rivalry. :sceptic:

Indeed :classic: . With anybody we allied with, there was no intent to betray until after the agreement was fulfilled. We were put into a pretty good position, where both the Venus and Saturn gangs fought over us for our votes. We were lucky to avoid getting ourselves lynched and watched as you two killed each other off, only taking casualties from night kills. As they say, the best offensive is a defense. Wait, uh, yeah, just go with it :tongue: .

It's very refreshing to play as such a transparent scum, getting to be evil and all instead of the usual "I'm innocent! Don't kill me! (Puppy-eyes)" . I had a great time playing as Scar (not to mention that I LOVE <3 rock monsters!), especially towards the end :tongue: Thanks so much, Hinck, for playing along with it, it was fantastic!

As per the game mechanics, I did not have that much of a problem with them than in Bloodbrick II. The way everything was handled led to a more balanced game, where no one team could possibly know all the meals and know who exactly had taken them. You have to really work and even guess to get good results in this game. I really like how the shared meal distribution was handled and everything. Games are more fun when there is still a bit of mystery throughout many of its aspects; who's who, who took what, what does this do, what does that do, what does this do now after it could've been switched??? I'd like to see how this exact game mechanic would work in a normal mafia environment of Town vs. Scum instead of an all scum game.

Sorry I got a little ancy towards the end of the game. I was just having too much fun.

:wacko: I can't believe I forgot to get my night action in. :blush: For some reason I was waiting for iamded's death scene before I sent in my night action, and then when the warden said he was going to conclude this, I figured it was too late anyway.

Anyway, my plan was to block Scouts and let Kiel and Zepher kill each other at night. Then I planned on trying to convince Scouts to vote for the warden, then vote for him at the last minute in order to snatch a glorious victory! :laugh:

Thanks for the game Hinckley, it was a lot of fun being the only townie in a prison full of witches. I'll post more thoughts later on...

There's not much to say, other than congrats to Scouts for being the scummiest.

Guys! You can't kill me! I'm the scummiest scum of all the scum in the game!

Uh, thanks :blush:

Anyway, my plan was to block Scouts and let Kiel and Scouts kill each other last night. Then I planned on trying to convince Scouts to vote for the warden, then vote for him at the last minute in order to snatch a glorious victory! :laugh:

lolwut!?! :laugh:

This was the Mars Savatrucha gang character info:

Welcome to Prison Riot! Congratulations, you’re Scum. You’re the Mars Savatrucha Gang and you’re behind the recent riot. Killoopio Daylight (KielDaMan) is your Godfather and investigates as Town. Everyone is vanilla Scum. All actions, including night kill, are shared actions.

Please confirm your participation in this thread. For night zero, please take a look at the Meal Cart Menu and let me know each member’s top three choices for meals. In this game, meal usage is required. Whatever action your meal gives you must be used. Meals will be selected in a specific order which will be posted at the beginning of each game day. If one of your first three choices are available, the list will move to the next person in line. If not, you will be asked which of the remaining meals you would prefer. Please be available to check in a couple of times a day, in case the Meal Cart is waiting on you.

If you’d like to start a writeboard, go right ahead. I don’t want to be involved in it, unless you’d like me to see it. So, if that’s the case, just give me the link and the password. Otherwise, don’t forget to PM your Night Actions.

Fun fact: The Mars Savatrucha Gang is based on the infamous LA gang Mara Savatrucha.

killoopio.jpg

Killoopio Daylight (KielDaMan)

Affiliation: Gang Member (Scum)

Crime: Murder. Killoopio is an explosives expert…who hates people. Killoopio went on a murder spree in the Lucas System, disguising bombs as Cheeseburgers. 58 overweight fast food guests were killed before he was apprehended.

derwar.jpg

Derwar Gravis (def)

Crime: Cannabalism. Derwar is an unknown species and nobody knows where he comes from. His favorite meal is mammal and he committed over 100 murders before he was apprehended.

bate.jpg

Bate Cos (Big Cam)

Crime: Tax evasion. One of the most diabolical gangsters in the Panty Galaxy. After decades of organized crime, Bate finally made an error on his tax return in the amount of 23 space cents.

Sentence: 80 years in prison. Eligible for parole in 60. In the meantime, however, Bate complains of being haunted by his first wife, who he murdered for talking to the GBI (Galactic Bureau of Investigation)

scar.jpg

Scar Mimitsus (Scouts)

Crime: Election fraud. Scar was a Campaign Manager for a very popular politician in the Pelly System. When his candidate was threatened by a rival and the election was dangerously close, Scar invented a third-party candidate that was, in-fact a Non-Playing Character.

Anyway, my plan was to block Scouts and let Kiel and Scouts kill each other last night. Then I planned on trying to convince Scouts to vote for the warden, then vote for him at the last minute in order to snatch a glorious victory! :laugh:

So you were actually Town (and not the Neutral that you claim to be) and looks like you deserve what happened to you. :tongue:

One minor question Hinck, what did happen to Flit on Night 5?

If he was killed by me via PGO, then wasn't I blocked by iamded so my PGO shouldn't have worked?

No. PGO is usually triggered by anyone who targets him. So the blocker or investigator should set him off and he would kill the blocker if the blocker tries to block him. This action was meant to be triggered just by an attack, so I decided from the beginning to make the PGO a strong-arm kill. With so many possible Actions to potentially target the TGO, it could've killed a lot of people. But, I wanted the "defensive shiv" to be a force to be reckoned with.

When I first looked at the Night Actions, I thought you being blocked meant counting the vote killed you while negating it killed Flitwick. That was why it was such a hard decision to make. But, once I consulted my notes after my family left and took the time to look at everything, I remembered it was a strong-arm and the result was the same no matter how the vote was counted since Flitwick targeted you.

One thing I'd like to hear from you guys is if it was too difficult to learn what people were taking. I wanted it to be hard and not possible to get every action, but did that format work? Def's game was setup so that every Action was accountable, but I wanted a situation where it was possible for someone to do something without ever being caught. Did you like that?

Honestly, the meals were added as a patsy for the real experiment. I wanted people to think my big experiment was a different way to do def's shared actions and then surprise! everyone's Scum! I put a lot of thought into how I wanted the Actions to work though, so there's just as much to feed back there.

Def had mentioned a couple of times he wished hosts would be a little more innovative on EB. He seems to be the only one who tries drastic changes, so I did want to give him something fun to do and draw some of the fire off of him for taking risks. It was fun to experiment! I'll explain more later why I loved this game so much. I want to hear some feedback and some rants first though. I really want to be able to respond to the good and bad that I did, and the players did, once I hear everyone else's experiences.

Zeph, I have to agree with the sentiment of your rant, 100%, but I'll get to more of that later.

This game was much more fun and more interesting than I ever imagined when I was developing the concept. I do want to do it again and I don't know if I'd make the multi-faction aspect a surprise or if it should be up-front. Well, CallMePieOrDie is right, it's not really Mafia. I would call this a faction war. And I love it for being just that. :blush:

I wish you would've gotten it in!! :cry_sad: That would've been very interesting and I wanted you to survive! :laugh: Aw, nuts... I gave you 20 hours after I concluded. I would've reminded you but I got home after the deadline anyway. I'm sure you meant Kiel and iamded would kill each other off. You played a great game and I wish you would've survived. You were so hilarious on Day One. I can't believe you ended up with the investigator and then immediately revealed your results, blowing the game at least partially if not wide open. :laugh: I loved it! I missed your bold tactics. :cry_happy:

So you were actually Town (and not the Neutral that you claim to be) and looks like you deserve what happened to you. :tongue:

I called him Town, but he was really a Neutral Survivor if you want to be technical.

Congratulations to the El Plutns by the way, who survived to the end despite being decimated, cut in half by day 2 and left as the only Scum team with no frame of reference that everyone playing was Scum. Fugazi and iamded were looking to me like, "What the hell are we supposed to do with no kill and no conversion and only two team members left??" :laugh: I was rooting for you guys.

No. PGO is usually triggered by anyone who targets him. So the blocker or investigator should set him off and he would kill the blocker if the blocker tries to block him. This action was meant to be triggered just by an attack, so I decided from the beginning to make the PGO a strong-arm kill. With so many possible Actions to potentially target the TGO, it could've killed a lot of people. But, I wanted the "defensive shiv" to be a force to be reckoned with.

When I first looked at the Night Actions, I thought you being blocked meant counting the vote killed you while negating it killed Flitwick. That was why it was such a hard decision to make. But, once I consulted my notes after my family left and took the time to look at everything, I remembered it was a strong-arm and the result was the same no matter how the vote was counted since Flitwick targeted you.

Ok, now I get it. Thanks for explaining. :blush:

One thing I'd like to hear from you guys is if it was too difficult to learn what people were taking. I wanted it to be hard and not possible to get every action, but did that format work? Def's game was setup so that every Action was accountable, but I wanted a situation where it was possible for someone to do something without ever being caught. Did you like that?

Yes it was really hard, much harder compared to def's game. Most of the game, you could never really pinpoint who took and in our own meal chart there were many possible takers of the meals. The only way you could actually pinpoint or narrow it down to a couple of players is if our teammates somehow "sandwich" some players in the meal cart order.

Ok, now I get it. Thanks for explaining. :blush:

Yes it was really hard, much harder compared to def's game. Most of the game, you could never really pinpoint who took and in our own meal chart there were many possible takers of the meals. The only way you could actually pinpoint or narrow it down to a couple of players is if our teammates somehow "sandwich" some players in the meal cart order.

Did you like not knowing? Or at least being able to pick without others knowing exactly what you had?

I think the format worked. My team and I were able to find out what some people took, when we compared the meal line to the meals crossed off when it got to us. Like I said before, I really liked that you couldn't know every meal after night 2, so you couldn't get caught for taking a certain meal. In Bloodbrick II, if you took an important meal, you were almost guaranteed to die the next day (I know this from personal experience.) Here you're given more leeway.

Did you like not knowing? Or at least being able to pick without others knowing exactly what you had?

Yes, even if it was difficult to figure out what others were getting, it was more a challenge than a frustration. I liked it because it forced me/us to decipher more what the others took, which gives those who work hard in analyzing the meal effects a strategic intel advantage, which I think helped our team a lot especially in the latter stages of the game.

Congratulations to the El Plutns by the way, who survived to the end despite being decimated, cut in half by day 2 and left as the only Scum team with no frame of reference that everyone playing was Scum. Fugazi and iamded were looking to me like, "What the hell are we supposed to do with no kill and no conversion and only two team members left??" :laugh: I was rooting for you guys.

Once again Hinck, you produced a beautiful game :wub: - the photos and graphics were top notch and the character descriptions and day/ night thread events were hilarious. After mine and Ru's early exit it's difficult to comment much further, however firstly congratulations to the Mars team (and to Scouty and CorneliusMurdock for getting their happily-ever-afters :wink: ) and secondly to rest rest of the El Plutns - it was really great playing with all of you. JimB you had such rotten luck to be day-one investigated and lynched, and iamded and Foog you both did so incredibly well to stay alive and continue to gather information. :thumbup:

One thing I'd like to hear from you guys is if it was too difficult to learn what people were taking.

I don't know what the overall conclusion for how easy it was to work out the meals' actions will be, but another side effect of having the team halved by the end of the first night (aside from still thinking we're the only scum team, as we'd only had our own team confirmed :laugh:) was that Fugazi and iamded could only find out the actions of two meals each subsequent day and had far reduced opportunities to work out what others had taken by deduction and elimination.

Thanks for inviting me to play and for an entertaining game Hinck. As usual, the presentation and narrative were great and hilarious at times. It's good you tried something new. Personally, I don't like these shared action games too much and combined with the 'gang war' concept they're too far from the traditional mafia concept for my taste (I realise a lot of people actually liked the setup a lot). Also, I somehow thought you intended the game setup to be a mystery for much longer, whereas I think most gangs (except the El Plutns for obvious reasons) found out on day 1 already. Add another day (or two) and everyone had all the gangs figured out.

The shared actions concept makes it difficult to develop longer-term strategies. Also, I feel my early death in def's previous game, didn't give me the experience in dealing with these shared action games that many others did have. You did put a lot of thought into improving the meal selection system though. I thought I had it figured out for the rest of the game when it was based on confirmation order on day 1 and voting order on day 2. :blush: As was said, you had to be lucky with your team to be spread across the meal cart order a bit in order to start learning about actions. That gave the El Plutns a disadvantage really early in the game already.

Oh, and congratulations Mars Savatrucha... "while two dogs are fighting for a bone..." :wink:

I'm looking forward to a more traditional mafia game again. I personally like a mafia game with a twist or two to keep it fresh (like The Baritones 3 for example). And I'm sure you can't wait a whole year before hosting The Forest 2. :grin:

Well, this was one very interesting game! :grin: I did have fun. I was pretty hopeless, but still committed when our team was cut in two, and then I found everyone was scum and that changed the game. Pandora actually figured that out rather early, and I kept mentally dismissing that idea. :tongue: That'll teach me.

In the end I'd figured out what 10 of the 17 people took on Day 1, but with so little of us left by Day 2 it was super hard trying to figure that out, so I sort of... gave up on that. :blush: I was still keeping track of what each meal did though, but then with the action mix-ups at that point in the game, I figured all the meals had been mixed up, so I stopped keeping track there since it was so close to the end-game.

I'm super stoked that I'm the one scum to actually kill a townie too, thanks for that Hinck. :laugh:

For some reason I was waiting for iamded's death scene before I sent in my night action, and then when the warden said he was going to conclude this, I figured it was too late anyway.

I was waitin' for that too. It never came along, so I was thinking, "Do I send my action in? :look: Am I still alive? :oh: What's going on here?!? :wacko: "

:laugh: Yes, that was quite a harsh blow so early in the game, but what do you know, we managed to make it to the end-game. Kudos to the team for sticking together and continuing to help out! :thumbup:

So yeah, thanks for hosting this game Hinck! I did enjoy it. And thanks to Ru, Panda and Foog for being my awesome team-mates! :laugh: And finally congrats to Scouts for being the winner! (And Murdock for being the real winner... :wink:)

I wish you would've gotten it in!! :cry_sad: That would've been very interesting and I wanted you to survive! :laugh: Aw, nuts... I gave you 20 hours after I concluded.

I just wish you would've explicitly told us to get our night actions in. I was a little thrown when you said you'd "conclude all this" in 20 hours - I figured you were already writing up a conclusion. Either that or you were going to do a write-up to conclude Day 6. I really should have put two and two together and realised that 20 hours = the deadline for night actions.

I'm sure you meant Kiel and iamded would kill each other off.

I meant Kiel and Zepher would kill each other off. I'm curious as to what would happen if it had come down to just me and Scouts. The voting would've been a draw and neither remaining meal (PGO and blocker) would've allowed for a night kill. Would the game have been a draw?

You were so hilarious on Day One. I can't believe you ended up with the investigator and then immediately revealed your results, blowing the game at least partially if not wide open. :laugh: I loved it! I missed your bold tactics. :cry_happy:

I was so happy to have found a scum on the first day! Little did I know that practically anyone I chose to investigate would've come up as scum anyway. :laugh:

Thanks for a fun game, and what I consider a deserved win :thumbup: Our team worked overtime, and I was really impressed.

About the game mechanics, what worked and what didn't:

-not knowing what everyone took: I think it was good in an all scum game, but I think if it was a regular town game, it would hinder the town, for whatever reason. In my game, everyone approached it in a slightly noobish way, and blabbed their actions too much. I don't think that would happen so much in future games, so it wouldn't be a problem. But that's the host's discretion.

-The ability switcher role is a good one! It could have worked in Bloodbrick I if only... and I had it in a game I hosted off site, and it was good there. I wanted it in Bloodbrick II, but I thought it might cause a headache on top of the new mechanics. I'm very glad to see it work well here :sweet:

-Rick had mentioned something about the timezones leading to questions of fairness, which I both agree and disagree with (I have set my alarm for 5:45 am in order to log in for a mafia game, so you just deal with it, in my honest opinion). In this game, it seemed to be done on the basis of the vote order the day before, which certainly should encourage voting, but in an equal way, you still have to be awake and online to vote early. So, the strict order, which was a pain to host I'm sure, was interesting.

-The multiple scum thing, which was the main "experiment", well... I think it can was done successfully, but I think it's more fun without the ruse. I think the game got a lot heavier strategically when everyone laid it out on the table. I'm still confused about the claims Shadows made to my group, of Draggy backstabbing us the day I died... But they both got theirs so I'm fine either way.

Overall, I think it was a well run game, and no real complaints from me :thumbup:

And to Rufus/Pandora and the rest of the Plutns... There was no reason to target me night one! I've never survived a single EB game! I'm no threat! No threat!

-Rick had mentioned something about the timezones leading to questions of fairness, which I both agree and disagree with (I have set my alarm for 5:45 am in order to log in for a mafia game, so you just deal with it, in my honest opinion). In this game, it seemed to be done on the basis of the vote order the day before, which certainly should encourage voting, but in an equal way, you still have to be awake and online to vote early. So, the strict order, which was a pain to host I'm sure, was interesting.

The meal cart order for day 2 was based on the voting order on day 1, but this was not the case on the subsequent days anymore. We anticipated it would (could) be based on voting order, which is why I voted first on day 1. Hinck did a lot to be fair to different time zones. I think a random meal selection order would work just as well.

Sign in to follow this