Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

MOC: Hobbit Hole

A first attempt....needs refining and an interior, but maybe that'll be for the next build.

I will re-shoot with figs but just wanted to get a straight shot for now.....comments?

6294426024_46fc112ebe_z.jpg

The Hobbit by Taz-Maniac, on Flickr

Lovely!!!

The house is well intergrated with the nature around it! Great work!

Planning to expand it?

Nice work, it looks very organic and built in to the hill quite nicely. I see your rock technique gets another go too. :thumbup:

You have gone to a bit of trouble adding a nice title yet removing the background would be great as well, does your software support this?

Very nice 'Taz', excellent home in the dirt.....even Bugs Bunny would move in. :wink:

Please fill the interior, it will be as excellent as the outside....Brick On 'Taz' ! :classic:

As always, your work is beautifully done Taz.

The door is brilliant (the circle shape). I also like the shape of the dark tan roof and how it fits into the environment.

And the 1x2 rock work, just brilliant.

Looking good Taz, your landscaping is excellent, and I love how you did the round window (and the door too!). :sweet: Hoping to see an interior soon, and some hobbit minifigs :wink:.

Cheers all for the feedback :thumbup:

It was just a rough build to get some ideas into brick.....still not at where I won't it.

Nice work, it looks very organic and built in to the hill quite nicely. I see your rock technique gets another go too. :thumbup:

You have gone to a bit of trouble adding a nice title yet removing the background would be great as well, does your software support this?

Yes it does...I was just being lazy.....Better ? :hmpf:..(still being lazy , note the bad photo shopping).

Amazing! Everything looks like it was taken strait from the book. My only suggestion is that maybe the doorknob should be centered in the middle of the door. Not essential, just a suggestion.

Awesome hobbit house! :classic: Great job on the door and indeed nice use of your new rock-building-technique! I'm only wondering, is it abandoned or is their just no path to the front door?

The background definitely lifts it, good job. I hate PS editing as much as you do, but the results are often worth it. Now will there be hobbits and dwarves on this mission? Do I have to make a Hobbit MOC now too? :devil:

The background definitely lifts it, good job. I hate PS editing as much as you do, but the results are often worth it. Now will there be hobbits and dwarves on this mission? Do I have to make a Hobbit MOC now too? :devil:

Yes, yes and YES. :wink:

Another great moc Taz! The house is built into the landscape very well indeed, and I love all the details you have managed to add into it. If this is anything to go by, I think you should just go ahead and build the whole Shire, it would look fantastic!

I really like this. It is quite multi-use. The Hobbit hole, a dwarf hideout or even a place for a Forestman to hide from a Black Falcon.

Cheers for all the positive feedback guys!

I'm in the middle of another build at the moment but when it's complete I'll return to the shire to build some neighbours, some interiors ect.

Cheers for all the positive feedback guys!

I'm in the middle of another build at the moment but when it's complete I'll return to the shire to build some neighbours, some interiors ect.

Sounds great, can't wait to see the extensions. :classic:

I really, really like your hobbit hole. I am a big fan of LOTR and you did an absolutely fabulous job. I love how you did the round door and all of the detail that you put into it. I was also looking at some of your other MOCs on your flickr page and I was really impressed with them too.

This is an outstanding creation! :blush:

It looks just like the real thing and is highly detailed. It has a lot of nice touches ...I like the building technique used for the window and the door. :thumbup:

Absolutely cool!