Sign in to follow this  
SirSven7

Imperial Trading Post

Great find!

I don't usually think the Imperial Trading Post translates well with modern techniques (everything looks midiscale) but this looks quite good regardless.

Lots of great techniques, I especially like the crane and that boat is quite clever as well using those curve pieces.

I wonder why he doesn't post them himself, seeing as he's a member?

Well he's actually a member of forbidden cove and he took these pics back in january but they never got posted on our site, feeling that you where all missing out (as I think there both awesome) I posted them up.

The large boat in the post is my favorite part for this set (and the varied building styles).

Looks great, altough Im not a great fan of making everything "Tiled"

I personally love the all tiled look. It seems as if everything is just a touch too small as skipper noted, but there are a lot of very cool techniques used here as well.

The Flickr info says this is supposed to be a modernized version of 6277 and you can definitely tell that is what it is based off of.

The little sail boat in there is also very well done, take a look at the Flickr link to see it from another angle... not quite as nice there, but still some good techniques!

Look for this updated set to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I'm a sucker for some good tiling and this looks great. It does feel just a tad small, but it works very nicely.

Ah yes, 2MC did a great job on this as did he on all his entries that he built for the JRC2, and ended up winning the Master Builder award. If you are familiar with any of his work then you will instantly recognize his building style, as it shows really well here. The reason why it is fairly small is because the size limit was only 2 32x32 base plates. Great moc and well worth sharing here on CP.

I love it. It's a great MOC and it looks like an extendable one. I love this kind.

In special I enjoy the ruffled sail of the small boat at the harbour.

The reason why it is fairly small is because the size limit was only 2 32x32 base plates. Great moc and well worth sharing here on CP.

Ah, this makes more sense now my fractional friend.

I recognized the name, but since he is not a member here (too bad) I did not immediately think of anything else he has done.

I also like the version of the palm trees he used here. Very nice.

Edited by ZCerberus

This was also a contest entry, the goal was to recreate the official set 'Imperial Trading post',

I think he won a Black Seas Barracuda in the contest :pir-oh:

I reuploaded the pictures of my entry in the contest

2.jpg

I spent a lot of work on my entry so I was quite dissapointed I didn't win :pir_bawling:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum