Sign in to follow this  
lisqr

MOC: Pokemon Blastoise

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Starting a grand project making a series of Pokemons. Let's see how far I go.

The first one is Blastoise.

100_1014-800.jpg

100_1024-800.jpg

100_1023-800.jpg

100_1022-800.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

The memories! :cry_happy:

Gotta build 'em all, huh? :laugh:

Great job and degree of accuracy. Thanks for sharing, and keep us updated on any future Pokemons! :classic:

"Gotta build 'em all"

That's a great title. I'll use it in the future.

I've finished a Magnemite. I'm almost done with Onix. Trying to figure out what to build next. Too many pink and purple pokemons. Building them will be quite costly.

Looks great! You've captured the stance and comic look of the Pokemon very well.

In particular I love the head, the facial expression is perfect.

Only thing I might suggest is to try and achieve a higher degree of posability, if I remember correctly Blastoise usually is slightly crouched/leaning forward.

Can't wait to see more!

Trying to figure out what to build next.

Charmander's always been a favorite of mine. Maybe you could build him next? :cry_happy:

Please keep going!

Good pokemon to start with, obviously Squirtle is the best starter pokemon :grin:

You really did a nice job with Blastoise and I really love it :sweet:

"Gotta build 'em all"

That's a great title. I'll use it in the future.

I've finished a Magnemite. I'm almost done with Onix. Trying to figure out what to build next. Too many pink and purple pokemons. Building them will be quite costly.

Awesome! :grin:

What about Pikachu? I know, it's a bit trite, but iconical and not pink nor purple, nonetheless :classic: .

Great model. The biggest Pokemon fans in my house gave it a "H*** Yeah!" and a "Do Want" :thumbup:

I like Chimchar and Charmander myself. :wink:

Having been a big Pokemon enthusiast at one time I must say your LEGO Blastoise is quite impressive! Capturing the look of a rounded anime creature in a blocky medium certainly isn't easy, but you've nailed it. Of course, there exist so many variations of the creature that I can't say much for accuracy, but it's very recognizable.

As for what to build next, there are only a handful of Pokemon that would translate well into LEGO, one of them being - and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it - Porygon!rbspr137.png You could probably get by with a red-and-blue rendition.

Other possibilities include Starmie, Kabutops, or Golem...

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm done with onix, just need some more pieces to finish an extra section of the long body.

After building the Rise of the Sphinx set, it gave me inspiration to build houndoom. I finished the head and going to tackle the body over the weekend.

I'm in the process of collecting pink pieces. Maybe I can pull off a jigglypuff with "friends" theme coming next year. :thumbup: