Hollander

[LDD MOC] Tantive IV & MF

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello folks,

As it will still take a couple of weeks before I finally have access to my lego collection again, I have to entertain myself with LDD in the meantime. So why not put my 2 cents in the community build going on at the moment?

Today I present you a midi-scale Tantive IV accompanied by the Millenium Falcon. Enjoy. :classic:

34talir.png

I don't much care for the Falcon in that scale without decals/printed parts, but the Tantive IV is just about perfect. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting a parts list and building it in real.

The Falcon does look a bit plain, but the Tantive IV, on the other hand, is looking quite good. :thumbup: Though, something about the engine block seems off, but I can't put my finger on it.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

The Falcon does look a bit plain, but the Tantive IV, on the other hand, is looking quite good. :thumbup: Though, something about the engine block seems off, but I can't put my finger on it.

Hmm, yes, I had the same feeling all the time, while I didn't know what was ''wrong'' with the engine block. It might be the space between the outer engines at the left and right, as there should be more space between them.

Hmm, yes, I had the same feeling all the time, while I didn't know what was ''wrong'' with the engine block. It might be the space between the outer engines at the left and right, as there should be more space between them.

I'm not sure, but I think that the connection between the docking arms and the centre portion of the engine block needs to be more fleshed out, and the one between the outer engines and the middle engine block thinned. (See here.) The outer engines could also be a tad shorter, as seen here. :wink: It's still a great creation, though - I love that you didn't make a stumpy version like most people do. The elongated look is crucial to having this MOC be recognizable as its source material, and you've achieved it well at this size.

Now, as for that Falcon... try slimming down the mandibles and rebuilding the cockpit so that it's closer to the 4-wide dish. A lucky night I found this top view of the 5' model from Chronicles:

5ft_falcon_top.jpg

Tantive is lovely! :wub:

I think the MF is good too, but compared to that...there will be some biased opinion :tongue:

It's like comparing a 911 to a Italia, the Porsche is fantastic, but the attention will go to the shiny red car at first :wink:

That is one of the best (and one of the only) midi Tantive IVs I've seen! :wub: I would just erase that Falcon from the pic, though...

The Falcon is not very popular, is it? :laugh:

Okay, okay, I'll erase it when I have time.. :tongue:

Edited by Hollander

Hi

hehe - this Falcon has "no" detail on its top. It is - compared to other MOCs and sets) very smooth, because there are no studs. If you would replace the dish with round plates with studs (two differen diameters) it would look more detailed.

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

A :thumbup: for the Blockade Runner, sadly a :thumbdown: for the Falcon....lack of detail on top...though a little hard at this scale I guess. :blush:

In any case great digital designing there 'hollander' and may the Eurobrick be with you ! :classic:

I love the Tan IV Hollander, the Falcon is great too but the Midi Tan IV is better designed than TLC's Midi Falcon :thumbup:.

I agree with most here - but I think the problem might be that the Falcon's lack of detail is highlighted by the amount of detail you've managed to cram into the Tantive IV. I think the Falcon could be difficult to improve on at this scale or should I say it would be challenging.

The Falcon was actually only there to accompany the Tantive IV, not to be in the spotlights, so don't be too harsh on the little fella. :tongue:

The Falcon was actually only there to accompany the Tantive IV, not to be in the spotlights, so don't be too harsh on the little fella. :tongue:

hey, it's your build do what you wish.... :thumbup:

Hi all,

I'm a fan of the rebel blockade runner at the top, congrats Hollander!

Could you please provide a list of parts/the instruction?

Thank you in advance,

Regards