Sign in to follow this  
Zane

Toa Jovan

jovan.jpg

Everyone's going crazy over....it....on BZP, but am I the only one who thinks it's just a Toa Inika with more armour and a weird hand? Why must they make the arms so long??? Just shorten it a stud and it'd look waaay better..

You're not crazy.

I mean christ, it even has the same head... no changes lol.

But hey, if the lil' tykes get off on it and buy 3 sets to make it, more power to Lego.

--The (really little?) kids get to freak out and build something they think is cool.

--Lego gets to make some money from it.

--And we, with our common sense and experience, get to point at it and laugh.

Everybody wins! :-D

Boy... that's one MANGLED mess of a moc, ain't it?

To be fair though, I'd take that combiner over the past 2 million of dogfaces from years past.

It just seems REALLY silly to call this a different character, since it's clearly just the black dude with a ton of junk slapped onto him.

:-|

I like it!Totally loving the dark color scheme.

And to those complaining that it's just an extra armoured Inika,well,what did you expect?

It's a Toa,so this seems the most logical to me.I mean,a Titan-Sized Toa would be rather...odd.

Who cares what the official version is like, I'll just MoC up a better one with my parts. Can't be that hard to make it look better... ;-)

Ugh. That's just stupid. It just looks like Nuparu to me. Just a beefed up version. At least they're not doing anything like releasing him as a new set or anything.

if hes a toa of magnetism y does he have a mask of flight? If lego had any brains they wouldve give him a promo mask to entice guys like us into geting him. They'r just not trying like they used to :-| . I blame it on all the little kids that just buy buy buy and not even care about free stuff

It's not a set, Nodra, it's just a combiner you can build from the pieces of the 3 Inika.

Yah, but as said, a promo mask WOULD be nice.

I miss those days.

It's silly to say it's a new character when it's still got someone else's head. :-D

Guys, he's got a Kadin! Big deal, Kongu had a miru and so did Lewa! Same head can still mean differences in the Bionicle world. And Kahgarak is right. Titan sized would not work!

You are quite right, Jinzo. Let me reference you to my friend Turaga of Force of BZP. He is buying all the new McD's promos because....

They're BIONICLE *wacko* No other reason then that.

But, as Greg Farshtey has said, this year has been targeted at "the audience that buys", ie, all the rather brainless 7-12 year-olds whos imagination have been washed away by video games and now legos >_>

Yeah, don't get me started on Greg. I could literally talk to him a month and we'd just go in circles.

The one thing that always pops up is the constant referencing that focus groups steer their direction.

While it's nice for a change (like if your in-house creative team is wretchedly incompetent), there is no substitute for creating something so "wanted", that you become the captain.

Can it even be denied that the McDonald's Happy Meal Tohunga sets from 2001 were a driving force to the success of that initial wave?

The Tohunga were prominently featured (better than they ever have been since) in the online flash videos, and then popped up in "FREE" sets that came with yummy food.

You got the Tohunga free at McDonalds,

the Turaga were the "cheap" sets for those in a lower price bracket,

then the Toa were slightly more expensive, but not just main characters who you'd shell out for, but also fit the "middle" price point,

and finally ending with the way expensive Rahi sets, for those financially better off.

So really, just about EVERY kid in EVERY price bracket had a gateway into understanding what "Lego sets" could do, and why they needed to buy more to expand on it.

These action figures have no representation in the current Lego line, as having no building function does not describe what the purpose to buying actual Lego sets are.

You think these "future Lego customers" are going to buy a set because you gave them a cheesy, one-piece action figure?

No... no, I do believe you just ran a promotion for all your action figure competitors sitting near you in the toy aisles.

The purpose of a promotion is to "teach" the uninitiated what your product is and why they should want it.

These poopy figures don't do that.

Once you collect them all, you just became every other kid on the playground. Soon, excitement dwindles to nothing.

But if you had collected all the "set" toys, there then is a next step... you all then have to start buying sets to stay on top and build larger things. If one wants to gloat on the playground, they HAVE to start buying sets.

Bleh... I'm just some nobody. I've only been alive 33 years.

Why can't a mega-company that's been around over half a century and employed hundreds of thousands not have such basic common sense?

The sad thing is, before this promo came along, the Inika sets were ALREADY flying off shelves, because they're decent sets.

Now some corporate executive is going to look at that success and go "See? SEE? My idea for those action figures in Happy Meals are the WAY TO GO with promos from now on!"

>__<

Edited by JINZONINGEN 73

I know. There will certainly be some increase in sales due to more household name recognition, but I think Bionicle and Lego are 2 names that are already pretty well known to kids and therefore, their parents as well.

I hear "Bionicle" referenced on every toy site I go to. Even non-toy sites too... like every time someone posts the (non-Transformers-like) images from the upcoming Transformers 2007 movie, someone always goes "They look like Bionicle".

They could've gained more new paying customers by even doing something as simple as making one part click on. :-|