There are 8 Videos in this topic.

Beta version. Auto setup spare. Full automatic. String rope type. Fast operation.

Will build V1 type bowling alley / lane and ball return later.

Ball detector can be same as V1 (light sensor).

Strike detector use ultrasonic or light sensor maybe.

Use one Lego NXT 1.0 set.

For previous string-less version V1 please see my YouTube channel.

6288013702_e063f12db1.jpg

lego_bowling_ten_pin_by_nachapon_2011june6a by Nachapon S., on Flickr

V1 6pins string-less

5074757090_c0cffecfd9_b.jpg

nachapon lego pinsetter 101010 03 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Update program tune to V3.1. New YouTube video on post#1

Sweet, now we're getting somewhere. I like it!

Thanks for always like support me. :classic:

One question: how is it able to select the exact pins that you hit the first time and withhold them the second time?

After set the pins make strings become loose (curve).

When some pins fall down their string bcome straight.

Insert an axle between to seperate them.

wow thats ingenious!!! I am very impressed by the programing and also the physical build to. nice job!

tim

Great MOC. If I had enough money, I would buy NXT myself as well and try to build it.

Bowling alley looks great. And I especially like the very clever idea with the string. Great!

This is first bowling pinsetter V1 I made, post on the date 10-10-10 :tongue: . Sting-less type with sweeper, 6 pins only.

After throw twice have to use a jig to manual reset all pins.

It's very difficult to auto reset all pins. Maybe more than one set of NXT can make this possible.

Hmmm do you have some pics of that? :)

V2 lifting up fall pins and setup for spare throw. Will make more different angle video when finish re-build the alley.

6289961859_b7ec3231ae_z.jpg

wow thats ingenious!!! I am very impressed by the programing and also the physical build to. nice job!

tim

Thanks, the program of pinsetter is not hard and very short (same job, loop), but it takes some time to trial and error to make it work better.

Great MOC. If I had enough money, I would buy NXT myself as well and try to build it.

I wish you will have your own soon, Perhaps a much more powerful NXT 3.0 set :classic: .

I never saw a Lego-Bowling track before, I like it a lot !! :thumbup:

Thanks, I love both real bowling and Lego.

5074159403_135bc97e44.jpg

nachapon lego pinsetter 101010 06 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Bowling alley looks great. And I especially like the very clever idea with the string. Great!

Thanks, I tried a few methods before and this one is most simple and fastest so for.

Edited by bbqqq

This, like I said, is looking good. But, I think a more utilitarian project would be to convert this into a diaper changer. If you would like I could give you the dimensions of the kid. He's just an infant so we can start small.

That is one of the first things I have seen that I go, how the hell does that work, fantasic model and functions really well

Lego Bowling Ball Return Hood and Rack(Tray), Alley, Gutters

Prototype, final version will be a totally underground(under alley floor) return tunnel, holds more balls, full automatic.

This, like I said, is looking good. But, I think a more utilitarian project would be to convert this into a diaper changer. If you would like I could give you the dimensions of the kid. He's just an infant so we can start small.

:wacko: Did you mean something like Mouse Trap.?

That is one of the first things I have seen that I go, how the hell does that work, fantasic model and functions really well

Thanks, I learned how the real things work from internet.

Edited by bbqqq

Fantastic achievement. But I would lreally like to have a closer look at the mechanism! Especially how the spare throw is set up!

Absolutely amazing! That's a very clever solution to something I would have thought impossible. Very much looking forward to seeing more details of the mechanism working...

V4 Lego Bowling Pinsetter NXT, high reliability, full-auto, 10 pins, with ultrasonic strike detector

If ultrasonic detect a strike throw. the pinsetter will skip spare set up procedure.

The NXT 1.0 light sensor use as both ball detector and warning LED light.

With NXT 2.0 color sensor, maybe can use both red and green LED light colors.

Thanks for nice comments. :classic:

Hope one day someone can make an auto scoring Lego pinsetter.

Maybe with NXT 3.0. or working together with computer software and webcam.

To compare the webcam images to count the falling pins (same method as some real pinsetter).

Edited by bbqqq

Ball return from underground test. I don't have PF motor, smaller tank tracks or motobike chains. This should be better when I have them.

Edited by bbqqq