legomaniac83

MOC: Grain Hopper Trailer

indexed.gif V-LC-03A

Growing up on a farm, I saw these quite regularly - and with harvest season in full swing, I decided to give this build a try.

I downloaded and used LDD for the first time today, and this was my end result. Enjoy!

6285434156_209b255345.jpg

6285415006_c8eda22e10.jpg

6285414570_0f1672064f.jpg

6284892769_e2d5843079.jpg

6284892151_f21eea4700.jpg

6284891645_a6ba3b5db6.jpg

6284890173_20875ab9da.jpg

6284889599_ef5d1b5b23.jpg

Here is a few pics from the bottom, showing the doors closed and opened:

6285412102_c2862e7465.jpg

6285411742_85b981eb47.jpg

6285411350_a908cbacdb.jpg

Edited by Phred

AWESOME looking semi-trailer 'legomaniac83', I :wub: the prime mover and that trailer is also great....so you must be a fast designer and builder eh ? :grin:

The prime mover....is it a Peterbuilt ?

Still a fantastic job there so Brick On Drive On 'legomaniac83' ! :grin:

Excellent MOC, absolutely adore the details on the truck, and I love the shape of the trailer. The colour scheme is spot on too :thumbup:

Edited by HighFlyer

I have to say that this model is very nice looking. Seeing multiple trailers like this at work (filled with corn), you captured the realism nicely. Very beautiful, I like the "lighting" on the sides, the "ejection system" at the bottom, and the bows on the top.

The only criticism I have, and maybe this is just because I am used to Lego Town, but the legs on the trailer are a bit "small" and/or

maybe plain for the trailer.

Overall nice job on the model itself.

Ben

I accidently snapped a bungee cord on the trailer when I was learning how to use the probe. (when I was learning to grade corn). :blush: oops.

Hi, nice truck and trailer

could you send me LDD version of the model, please?

I would like to try to create something .. :wink:

Excellent MOC, absolutely adore the details on the truck, and I love the shape of the trailer. The colour scheme is spot on too :thumbup:

Thanks! Funny thing is that I built the truck almost 2 years ago, and it`s been waiting for a trailer ever since :laugh: You can see more pics of the truck alone in my flickr account.

I have to say that this model is very nice looking. Seeing multiple trailers like this at work (filled with corn), you captured the realism nicely. Very beautiful, I like the "lighting" on the sides, the "ejection system" at the bottom, and the bows on the top.

The only criticism I have, and maybe this is just because I am used to Lego Town, but the legs on the trailer are a bit "small" and/or

maybe plain for the trailer.

Thanks Ben. I just used those legs to take the picture. I haven`t found a good way to fold a set of legs up and keep them attached - there is hardly any more room on the underside of it. Where are you from in Canada?

Hi, nice truck and trailer

could you send me LDD version of the model, please?

I would like to try to create something .. :wink:

Being an LDD rookie, how exactly do I do that? *huh* Let me know and I will pass it along!

Thanks Ben. I just used those legs to take the picture. I haven`t found a good way to fold a set of legs up and keep them attached - there is hardly any more room on the underside of it. Where are you from in Canada?

here is an idea:

ideafortrailerlegs.png

Im from St. Catharines (right near the border so I can have a US post office address... :wink:

Being an LDD rookie, how exactly do I do that? *huh* Let me know and I will pass it along!

do you have a brickshelf account? If so, you could upload the ldd file (.ldx file). The files are most likely in MyDocuments/Lego Creaions/Models.

I uploaded the LDD file of the above picture, but will probably have to wait until the folder becomes viewable because the ldd file is automatically into an extractable zip file.

Benjamins Brickshelf Temporary Files

Hope this was helpfull,

Ben

do you have a brickshelf account? If so, you could upload the ldd file (.ldx file). The files are most likely in MyDocuments/Lego Creaions/Models.

I uploaded the LDD file of the above picture, but will probably have to wait until the folder becomes viewable because the ldd file is automatically into an extractable zip file.

Benjamins Brickshelf Temporary Files

Hope this was helpfull,

Ben

Those legs work, but still no space underneath (comes in contact with the back of the tractor)

Thanks for the LDD help - I do have a brickshlef account and will add it there.

Cheers.

Excellent semi 'lm'. Great job building the trailer, making it functional. The tractor looks awesome, as well. Looks just like one right off the farm. Very cool truck, keep up the great work default_classic.gif

EM4CZ, Here is the link to the LDD file on my Brickshelf: Enjoy!

Hi thank you, but Brickshelf reports "This folder is not yet public."

It should be publicly viewable shortly. The .lfx file for the "help" to build the trailer legs is already viewable in my brickshelf account. Legomaniac's folder just needs to be approved by Brickshelf Moderation team, thanks.

Ben

Edited by medib