Sign in to follow this  
def

Post your own art

Well, I was hoping someone else would post here so I didn't have to double-post, but it's been over a month and a half, so here's some of the stuff I've made in the intervening time:

the_venerable_turaga_vakama_by_skybard-d58c88n.jpg

This was my second entry for BZPower's Flash Fire character design contest (mentioned in the last post). Neither of my entries won in that contest, but they were displayed in a booklet at Brickfair along with all the other entries of that contest. I had the lineart on display at another table in the BIONICLE section.

swarm_of_the_century_edit_by_skybard-d5exsh9.png

Since I arrived at college, I got a copy of Adobe Illustrator CS6 for one of my classes, and so traced my Battlescapes contest entry. I posted the original here a few months ago-- in the intervening time, it won third prize in the Battlescapes contest on BZPower, and was on display at the BIONICLE table at Brickfair! This image trace is a lot closer to how I wanted the colors of my entry to look... I am not very good with colored pencils.

kai_and_family_rough_color_by_skybard-d5ex1h8.png

I also practiced coloring some of my better lineart on Adobe Illustrator. You'll recognize the lineart from the previous post. I don't know enough of the tools yet to add shading or clean up scratchy areas, but whether inside my computer graphics class or during my free time I'm sure I'll learn more of my options eventually.

kai_and_family_rough_color_by_skybard-d5ex1h8.png

I also practiced coloring some of my better lineart on Adobe Illustrator. You'll recognize the lineart from the previous post. I don't know enough of the tools yet to add shading or clean up scratchy areas, but whether inside my computer graphics class or during my free time I'm sure I'll learn more of my options eventually.

Hey

This is a good drawing. If you want to improve your drawing using Illustrator, try this tutorial:

http://origin.media.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials/digital-manga-illustration

The second half is about doing lots of flare and shading, with Photoshop, I think, but the first half shows how to clean up drawings in Illustrator, and might be useful to you :wink:

Just puttering around at work... Some animals:

rabbit_by_naha_def-d5farmm.jpg

fly_by_naha_def-d5far9r.jpg

And some diaries:

diary_9_19_12_by_naha_def-d5fb3kb.jpg

diary_9_20_2012_by_naha_def-d5fed1f.jpg

Hope to keep doing diaries as long as work is boring :sceptic:

New markers this week! New markers!

subway_by_naha_def-d5hdmjt.jpg

More diary work!

diary_10_04_12_by_naha_def-d5gun4b.jpg

diary_10_09_12_by_naha_def-d5hdm9x.jpg

Enjoy!

I really do enjoy your little looks at everyday life def. You have such a fine sense of humour and eye for the world around you! :)

Edited by Catanas

I really do enjoy your little looks at everyday life def. You have such a fine sense of humour and eye for the world around you! :)

Thank you so much! :blush: I'm glad you see the humour in it. That means it's at least 50% successful. :sweet:

diary_12_10_15_by_naha_def-d5hz7oj.jpg

def, the train comic is hilarious and I could totally relate to! :tongue: I guess we have the same habit of "appreciating all the beauty around us" - no matter what angle we'll find a line of sight! :laugh:

Hmm, I used to do a lot of comics, but somewhere along the line it just got really difficult... mainly sci-fi, anime, and occasionally trains these days:

120720a.jpg

120904.jpg

120831a.jpg

Wow we have some amazing artists among us! Commander Wolf that is literally jaw dropping!

As for your def, I absolutely love them! The bike one made me smile since I am in college now and seemingly everyone rides their bikes everywhere! Please keep them coming I love every one of them!

Commander Wolf, you're perspective and detailing are great, almost photographic!

diary_10_17_2012_by_naha_def-d5i58j5.jpg

:laugh: Great comics, def. I love coming here to read them all the time, so keep it up. :thumbup:

Excellent! :laugh: I never thought before of the relationship between apartments and pants, but it makes perfect sense!

Finished up my Iron Man drawing that I previously posted.....didn't want to spend hours on it, so I didn't go that far into detail.

SDC10132.jpg

And my newest project.......say hello to Master Chief.

SDC10133.jpg

I've got all the basic shape and outining done......this is definitely the most intense drawing I've done to date. So far I've put a good 4 hours and into it have gone through 4 iterations. 3 of them were just getting the shape and proportions right. I'm finally happy with the symmetry, so now its time to harden the lines, finalize the small details, and then to my favorite part, shading :sarcasm:

In the future, be on the lookout for more Master Chief stuff......he's my favorite video game character, so I'll be doing some more pieces on him. If I get frustrated with my current drawing, I'll probably start another one, until I'm ready to return to the first one.

Here are two of my paintings. I sell them as post cards as well. They show a typical Swedish west coast village.

7456652706_9c9354f6c6_z.jpg

8066229410_580cdc9f93_z.jpg

Edited by LegoJalex

Here are two of my paintings. I sell them as post cards as well. They show a typical Swedish west coast village.

Those are really nice! They look very much of a style that appears in illustrated books. :thumbup:

They're absolutely wonderful! I adore images like that with so much going on as there is always something to go back for! :)

Those are really nice! They look very much of a style that appears in illustrated books. :thumbup:

They're absolutely wonderful! I adore images like that with so much going on as there is always something to go back for! :)

Thanks alot! I'm glad you enjoy them. :classic: