mali

My CGI Pirate Scene Flythrough Animation

After a long time working on this scene (almost 200 hours just for rendering alone) I've finally finished this animation. It's been done in 3ds Max. There's some more info on it in my first post here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60015

Hope you like it :pirate:

The

(720p available)

EDIT: I had to remove the original music due to copyright issues, so it's now replaced with a random reggae tune. Please ignore it, it was not my original intention.

And some stills:

lcpm9.jpg

lcpm8.jpg

lcpm7.jpg

lcpm6.jpg

lcpm5.jpg

lcpm4.jpg

lcpm3.jpg

lcpm2.jpg

lcpm1.jpg

Edited by mali

That is amazing! when i first looked at your post i was ready to dismiss it as just another arrangements of Classic Sets on a tabletop. I was utterly convinced it was plastic in the real world. Fantastic work, especially with the textures a luster on the surfaces.

Did you have to model each element as an object or were you able to import from a modeler program? If I knew I could import models as such, I'd definitely have use for it myself.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys!

Did you have to model each element as an object or were you able to import from a modeler program? If I knew I could import models as such, I'd definitely have use for it myself.

I imported many of the parts that were available from LeoCAD, but I remade many of them to make them look better from up close and then arranged everything together in max.

Edited by mali

This is really amazing! Just looking at the pictures I didn't even realize the whole thing was CGI. :) I love the use of sets from the classic Pirate theme, particularly the piratical version of the Caribbean Clipper. I hope we get to see more like it in the future. :)

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

TC

I was about to say how jealous I was seeing all those bluecoats. But then I realized your title says it all haha. Brilliantly done!

It looks great! The figures and bricks look very real! :pir-classic: I can't wait to see the finished product, it will be a battle to remember! :cannon:

Also, nice choice in music. :pir-wink:

amazing.

my first thougt; wow you have a steady filming hand.

then I read all the postes and I was ¿huh? its not real?

Bart

Just like anyone else I also thought for a moment this was real.

You did an excellent job on this MOC.

It must have been quite difficuly because you probably didn't have all the bricks at hand like in LDD.

The quality is great and all the action is nice as well.

Perhaps you could once make a picture of an army of about a million soldiers. I've never seen that before :pir-classic:

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it =)

@TalonCard I'm glad you like the pirate version of the Caribbean Clipper, I was afraid people would just say I'm lazy for not modeling the Black Seas Barracuda or something :pir-grin:

@Hiawatha, I'm sorry to disappoint, but I probably won't be animating this scene any further, it got too huge to handle everything. I would need to simplify it and plan different shots to make it work. And I'm just one guy with a single pc, it would take ages to do it. But who knows, maybe some day... I'm planning to do some other themes as well, but with more animation.

That's amazing! I watched the video before reading anything and there was no doubt in my mind that this was all real LEGO, it's amazing what you were able to do.

I embedded the video to the first post, I hope you don't mind, it's truly amazing.

Not at all, thanks for embedding it and thanks for the compliments =)

This must have taken hours en hours to make, and it's not even in Lego (at first i thought it was Lego, but than i read al the comments), it's amazing.

Very cool.

As others have said it looks shockingly real, and seeing the classic sets in their "natural setting" is awesome.

This makes me want a LEGO Classic Pirate themed video game.

Edited by Skipper

It's beautiful! It shows that the very first pirates are even nicer than I ever thought they were. Fantastic job!

Great work, looks amazing. I guess patience is what you need doing a work like that.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Yeah, a lot of patience was involved =)

I now see it says the video is blocked in Germany and the USA due to copyrighted music :pir-hmpf: Can you guys not see it? Should I re-upload without the music?

OK, I tried using the audio swap option now with some random reggae tune, so please ignore it for now, I may change it again later. I guess you guys should be able to see the video now, I'm a bit noobish on Youtube. Thanks!

Oh and also a huge thanks for the mention on the blog :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by mali