Jebediahs

Heroica RPG - Quest#12: Honey, I Shrunk the Youngins!

455 posts in this topic

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate in this quest. If you wish to join the game, head to the

Rules & Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

heroicaquest12.jpg

Coming to the aid of the distraught gnomish inventor, five heroes left the Halls of Heroica to help reunite a father with his children. The five were:

tesniav2.jpg

Tesni Hightribe
(played by Peppermint_M)

Level 11 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Power
: 18

Health
: 17/17

Gold
: 110

Inventory
: Cysgodion the Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 8, Darkness), Cryfder (WP:6), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Venom

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 4 Cleric

Power
: 11

Health
: 12/12

Ether
: 8/8

Gold
: 7

Inventory
: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:7), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion, Remedy, Venom and a fur-lined bedroll

heroicarpg.png

Alexis Fenral
(played by Masked Builder)

Level 11½ Ranger

Power
: 19

Health
: 15/15

15
Gold
: 22

Inventory
: Mockthril Longbow (WP:8, Lightning), Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Potion, Venom, Pickax, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone, Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP:7), Magic Compass

ava-ellaria.jpg

Ellaria Arbour
(played by Sandy)

Level 6 Cleric

Power
: 16

Health
: 14/14

Ether
: 10/10

Gold
: 72

Inventory
: Ignis Fatuus (WP: 10, fire-elemental), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword
(played by UsernameMDM)

Level 6 Knight

Power
: 14

Health
: 15/15

Gold
: 156

Inventory
: Vintul, the Greatsword of Wind (Great sword: WP 8, wind), Kriegsmesser (Long Sword: WP 3), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 2), Cultist Hat, Emerald, Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

The party arrives at the gnome's residence without incident. They see a sign with an arrow that reads, "Heroes, come on back." Upon reaching the backyard the team sees who can only be their employer pacing incessantly.

moranisszalinski001.jpg

"Welcome, Welcome! I'm glad yer here. Come,come and behold the greatest invention of all time! I've put it together with whatever materials I could afford but recently the Ji Pei have shown interest in funding my work."

moranisszalinski002.jpg

The gnomish inventor ushers the party along. He adjusts his spectacles and points his index finger in the air before drawing back a large curtain. "I am Moranis Szalinski and I call this the Microfigunator 7268! It's capable of shrinking and unshrinking bricks and minifigs alike!"

microfigunator726801.jpg

"As the notice said, me youngins somehow activated the device, shrank themselves down and got themselves lost in me backyard! I've managed to isolate their location within a small sandy corner of me yard bordering me neighbor's home. It's a bit of a maze back there. I used the Microfigunator 7268 to shrink down some items and scattered them throughout the yard for me youngins. If ye should discover them feel free to use them to help in yer search for me children!"

Szalinski paused and looked to his feet before his eyes widen. "Ah, I almost forgot. I've sent another group of adventurers ahead but they're taking too long. You may or may not run into them. I don't care which party returns first but only the team who rescues all my children will receive the promised reward. Be advised that all my children must be IN GOOD CONDITION before I return you to normal size. Now, do ye have any questions for me? My wife will be home soon..."

What will the party ask of the concerned father?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesni looked at the machine, puzzled. "You sent a group of heroes ahead of us? Can you tell us about them, so we know who we must beat?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ellaria tuts.

"Oh dear, you're in quite a pickle, Mr. Szalinski. But this really is an impressive piece of machinery you've built. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it... Anyway, I do have a couple of questions. How many children were shrunken? Could you describe them all? And how can we contact you once we've found the little rascals? Should we return to the point where we began, perhaps?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoke eyed the machine a little suspiciously, wondering how it managed to shrink and unshrink items AND people. He had a question for his employer.

"What are the children's names?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesni looked at the machine, puzzled. "You sent a group of heroes ahead of us? Can you tell us about them, so we know who we must beat?"

thumb_moranis.jpg

"All I can tell you is that they are a standard balanced party of mercenaries I hired. I know less about them than I do about your group from Heroica. You'd be better of asking a member of their own team. But I can tell ye that when ye face them, be prepared to make use of your job traits. Except for maybe you, barbarian. What does your kind do again...?" Szalinski skitters over to his device and takes some notes.

Ellaria tuts.

"Oh dear, you're in quite a pickle, Mr. Szalinski. But this really is an impressive piece of machinery you've built. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it... Anyway, I do have a couple of questions. How many children were shrunken? Could you describe them all? And how can we contact you once we've found the little rascals? Should we return to the point where we began, perhaps?"

thumb_moranis.jpg

"Ah, you must be that astute cleric I've heard so much about." Haldor mumbles a curse under his breath. "Once I receive more funding and the proper materials, I will need to hire on a keen mind like yours to help me perfect the Microfigunator 7268. If ye see me again after this mission, I will definitely be looking ye up."

Szalinski stares blankly for an awkwardly long period of time.

ava-ellaria.jpg

"Mr. Szalinski, the children?"

thumb_moranis.jpg

"Ohhh my yes! You must locate Nico, Oliveri, and Ameli. Nico is the middle child. He's a sensitive lad...hopefully you'll figure out a way to cheer him up. Oliveri is me youngest. He has an adventurer's spirit. Hopes to join up at the Hall one day. He won't go anywhere without his absurb red and white hat. And me eldest is Ameli. She's a bit, shall we say friendly?" Szalinski turned to the rest of the party. "Yes, return to the starting location when you're done. An alarm will alert me to unshrink you."

Szalinski, mistaking Hoke's look of suspicion as interest, gains a sudden burst of energy. "Quite impressive, ain't she. She works through a precise combination of magic, alchemy and engineering. As a result I've had to make nice with multiple Eubric factions. Can't get into the specifics as the patent is still pending. Now, is there anything else ye'd like to know?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So it looks like we may have to battle the other group. I hope my diplomacy skills are of any use to avoid unnecessary conflict. If not," Hoke taps his sheathed great sword and smiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexis had been quite up to this point listening to the others questions. Now that she had one of her own she spoke up.

"What should we do if we run into the other party? After you've answered that I'm ready to go!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC - I will not have internet access today. Pep_M can control Hoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My trait, good sir, is the healing of self. I recover from my battle wounds once the fight is over. My recovery is related to my experience in battle." Tesni had decided politeness would be the best approach.

"Will the children behave well? The fear of the new sized world will make them fearful and obediant? Or will we find them naughty?"

Tesni hoped that the giantness of the world around them would make the children do as they are told, 'else Cysgodion shall have to do the trick" she thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"What should we do if we run into the other party?!"

thumb_moranis.jpg

"I'll leave that up to your experienced discretion."

"My trait, good sir, is the healing of self. I recover from my battle wounds once the fight is over. My recovery is related to my experience in battle."

"I see. With one, er two accomplished clerics in your group, I'm sure that trait won't be needed... or will it? . Time's-a-wastin'! On with the show!"

microfigunator726802.jpg

Szalinksi offers one last tidbit of advice before turning on his machine. "There are some known side effects that take effect seconds before engaging in physical activity."

tesniav2.jpgpict0201.jpgheroicarpg.pngava-ellaria.jpghoke_ableword_1b.jpg

"SIDE EFFECTS?!"

Szalinski's Microfigunator 7268 whirs and beeps as it is activated. The gnomish inventor shouts after the party. "Oh ho ho, nothing too serious though. You should be fine...really!"

microfigunator726803.jpg

The party is hit with a bright blue beam of energy. The adventurers feel tingly as the blades of grass grow as tall as trees. Everyone doubles over with a nausea that miraculously fades quickly.

tesniav2.jpg

Tesni Hightribe
(played by Peppermint_M)

Level 11 Barbarian (Party Leader)
~Shrinking Sickness~

Power
: 18

Health
: 17/17

Gold
: 110

Inventory
: Cysgodion the Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 8, Darkness), Cryfder (WP:6), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Venom

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 4 Cleric
~Shrinking Sickness~

Power
: 11

Health
: 12/12

Ether
: 8/8

Gold
: 7

Inventory
: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:7), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion, Remedy, Venom and a fur-lined bedroll

heroicarpg.png

Alexis Fenral
(played by Masked Builder)

Level 11½ Ranger
~Shrinking Sickness~

Power
: 19

Health
: 15/15

15
Gold
: 22

Inventory
: Mockthril Longbow (WP:8, Lightning), Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Potion, Venom, Pickax, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone, Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP:7), Magic Compass

ava-ellaria.jpg

Ellaria Arbour
(played by Sandy)

Level 6 Cleric
~Shrinking Sickness~

Power
: 16

Health
: 14/14

Ether
: 10/10

Gold
: 72

Inventory
: Ignis Fatuus (WP: 10, fire-elemental), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword
(played by UsernameMDM)

Level 6 Knight
~Shrinking Sickness~

Power
: 14

Health
: 15/15

Gold
: 156

Inventory
: Vintul, the Greatsword of Wind (Great sword: WP 8, wind), Kriegsmesser (Long Sword: WP 3), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 2), Cultist Hat, Emerald, Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

The heroes look ahead to discover a divide. Shall they go, LEFT or STRAIGHT?

QM NOTE: ATTENTION HEROES! You've been stricken with Shrinking Sickness! It causes a random effect to take hold of your hero for an entire battle! Before every battle a roll will be made for each character to determine which effect from the list below you will receive. Shrinking Sickness cannot be remedied although the effects listed below can be.

Shrinking Sickness Effects

1 -
Afraid
- The target flees to the back row in terror and stays there until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

2 -
Encouraged
- The target inflicts double damage until the battle is over.

3 -
Poisoned
- The target loses 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

4 -
Sealed
- The target is unable to cast spells or use healing abilities until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

5 -
Cured
- Cured of Shrinking Sickness!

6 - No effect

Good luck heroes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After getting shrunk, Ellaria felt queazy and her eyes rolled in their sockets. It was like nothing she had ever felt before. Once she recovered from the worst feeling, she saw her surroundings. Mr. Szalinski's face loomed somewhere in the heights above them.

"Oh wow! Everything looks so BIG!"

A wide grin appeared on her face for a second, only to be replaced with a sudden feeling of nausea. As thrilled as Ellaria felt of the new adventure, she couldn't help but to vomit noisily. :sick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ow my head Alexis thinks after being shrunk. It is cool being shorter now though.

"Wow look at how tall the grass is now! I shall use my compass to try to find the right way, but we have to take its advice sparingly. Otherwise we might miss something."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesni watched as the world around her grew larger and larger, knowing that it was she herself who was changing in size. When the process had finished she gaped in amazement at the huge blades of grass around her before suddenly being overcome with a wave of sickness.

"This is not nice!" she groaned before the feeling passed.

Standing straight ans looking to the path ahead. "Do we know which way we want to advance?" she asked of her quest mates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Wow look at how tall the grass is now! I shall use my compass to try to find the right way, but we have to take its advice sparingly. Otherwise we might miss something."

heroica-magiccompass.jpg

Alexis' compass flickered briefly before pointing straight ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It looks like your compass will lead us where we need to go yes?" Tesni admired the device, wishing she too had purchased one at the market instead of whiling away her time climbing and training.

"Shall we go straight ahead or do we check the left for loot?" Tesni winked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I say we go left, explore everywhere over there, then go straight."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoke tried his best to straighten out the horizon wobbling in front of his unsteady head. He righted himself up, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. He couldn't quite shake it off and mentally noted he needed to have a word with that dastardly gnome when he was his true size. But for now, the children and the quest were more important.

"Perhaps we should secure the children first then investigate the other paths. We don't know how long we have before the other party or something entirely unfriendly finds them."

Edited by UsernameMDM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ellaria leans against her fiery staff feebly, but nods.

"I agree with Hoke. We're racing against another team here, we should first save the children, and then loot the place."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"A wise idea, sorry Alexis, we can loot later!" Tesni grinned, getting a grip on the queasy feelings was taking a lot of fight, a battle would certainly be trouble in this condition. Knowing she was leader and had to stay with it, Tesni stamped down the tumbling feeling. "We shall follow the compass and go Straight!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Arrrgggghhh! I dislike this badly, I agree that we should hurry to save the children first, there will be time for looting later. Have the other party been shrunk as well? Lest we run into them or get trampled by dogs!" :look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yes Haldor the other party was shrunk too. It's fine Tensi, either way works for me." She smiled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trusting the elf's magic compass wasn't also affected by the Microfigunator 7268, the party ventured straight ahead. The firm dirt gave way to a sandy gravel as the treeline, er, grassline receded. Again, the party is faced with choice, LEFT or RIGHT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heroica-magiccompass.jpg

The magic compass pulls slightly at Alexis as it points to the LEFT path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Left is it? I do wnoder if the magics might be a problem, but I am sure that our employer would have warned about this. He did also say about the items he shrunk, I do hope he would not send dangerously altered items to his children..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.