Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #11: A Matter of Principle

"Ah. I see. Well, we need that essence. Just put it on the Guild's tab."

"Hold yer chickens buster. So you're actually working for those Invision quacks. Hah! Well you can tell them, that they haven't paid their bill in over 4 months and until they make a down payment, their line of credit has been canceled at this place of business. I'm fed up with sending' messenger boys over there every week, pretty soon I'm going to have to make a complaint with the town watch. So unless you folks happen to have 350 gold in your pockets, I suggest you either find some other way of getting your essence or change your patronage. Hold on a moment,"

The shopkeeper turns to another customer who has just entered the apothecary.

"Sorry Ms. Wumplesnout, I haven't gotten your order ready yet, my lad's been out sick today leaving me with no help for the afternoon rush. Swing by tomorrow and I'll have it all set."

Turning back to the party, the shopkeeper addresses them again. "So what will it be?"

Atramor grumbles at the potioneer and goes to speak with the party.

"I say Glorfy over here tries to smooth it over. If not...we have to take it from him. I'm not handing over 350 gold for no reason."

"We could become employees for him, but if the guild is as bad at paying as he's making out, we may never get our reward.

Regardless, I would rather make that offer than attempt to steal the essence." Tarn said in a low voice.

I think helping him with today's "afternoon rush" might be a good way to get it. We definitely don't have that kind of money. How did I know there was going to be a problem when we said just put it on the tab

Excuse me good sir, I noticed you are a little short on help. Would it be possible for us to work for you in exchange for the essence of obsidian?

Edited by soccerkid6

Atramor couldn't hold back a sigh. He respected his questmates' decision, but jeez, if they just ran around letting people boss them around, they wouldn't last a day in Dreida.

"Fine, fine..."

He turned to the potioneer.

"Fine, we'll help you with your afternoon rush. I'm thinking we use the essence as payment."

"Tell you what, I can handle the rush, but if you want that essence so bad, I'll let you mix it up yourself."

The shopkeeper leads the party behind the counter to the apothecarist's work bench lined with powders, solvents, and unidentified animal parts.

img_2864.jpg

"Feel free to mix what ever you may, though if you run out of something it will cost you 10 gold to replace the whole lot, now... Shoot ... I forgot, I've got to deliver this jar of granulated goat's weed to a ailing customer. I'll be back in a jiffy. You can keep anything you make up, just don't blow the place up, and remember mixing chemicals can be hazardous to your health."

The shopkeeper rushes out the door leaving the party at the lab bench.

Listed above the bench are the ingrediants below:

Ennonian Rose Petals - 3 left

Powdered Super Scarab Shell -3 left

Mopagian Pale Root - 3 left

Waldruk Pine Nettles - 3 left

Crushed Chimera Hoof - 3 left

Ground Golem's Kidney - 3 left

The party may mix 3 different ingrediants in an attempt to synthesize the essence. The party should declare in bold which 3 ingrediants they intend to try and mix. The party will have 3 attempts with each ingrediant, before they must pay 10 Gold to restock their supply.

Atramor blinked at the task. This couldn't possibly end well.

"Uh, sure. Go for it."

Elgar steps forward and plys his hand to the task. The solution of chemicals begins to bubble and sizzle releasing off puffs of steam. As Elgar leans over to inspect his brew, he is hit by a horrible stench leaving him temporarily without his sense of smell. The reaction slows down leaving a vial of useless goo.

Remaining ingredients:

Ennonian Rose Petals - 3 left

Powdered Super Scarab Shell - 2 left

Mopagian Pale Root - 3 left

Waldruk Pine Nettles - 2 left

Crushed Chimera Hoof - 2 left

What combination will the Party try next?

William steps up and selects the:

Ennonian Rose Petals

Mopagian Pale Root

Crushed Chimera Hoof

Edited by volcanicpanik

For some reason I don't feel too good about this. Ah well, maybe we will make something worthwhile. I will mix

Ground Golem's Kidney

Ennonian Rose Petals

Mopagian Pale Root

Maybe if you arrange the first letters of each phrase into words that is what it makes. For example I chose gem. There is also egg, pep, and other words. Just a thought. We will see what happens with my formula.

Edited by soccerkid6

"WHOA, WHOA. Wait your turn, I said the other ranger goes first."

Atamor slaps Glorfindel's and Eglar's hands away from the potions.

"WHOA, WHOA. Wait your turn, I said the other ranger goes first."

Atamor slaps Glorfindel's and Eglar's hands away from the potions.

Sorry, I didn't realize he was the only one supposed to go right now. By other ranger do you mean William or Eglar?

What do you think of my idea? Anybody else have any ideas?

Edited by soccerkid6

William steps up and selects the:

Ennonian Rose Petals

Mopagian Pale Root

Crushed Chimera Hoof

Hoping he doesn't go blind, William approaches the flasks and vials of chemicals and starts mixing. Several moments later a full, hearty smell pervades the room. William holds up a bottles of yellow fluid a satisfied grin on his face. The ranger receives 1 Mead.

img_2873.jpgMead x1 - Imparts the Encouraged effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle. Costs 10 gold.

Remaining ingredients:

Ennonian Rose Petals - 2 left

Mopagian Pale Root - 2 left

Crushed Chimera Hoof - 1 left

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Well, I suppose it's only fair he gets to keep it. Glorfindel, you go next, but don't use that Chimera Hoof."

For some reason I don't feel too good about this. Ah well, maybe we will make something worthwhile. I will mix

Ground Golem's Kidney

Ennonian Rose Petals

Mopagian Pale Root

Maybe if you arrange the first letters of each phrase into words that is what it makes. For example I chose gem. There is also egg, pep, and other words. Just a thought. We will see what happens with my formula.

The knight, Sir Glorfindel, attempts to synthesize the elusive essence. His concoction yields a lovely fragerence capable of restoring 1 Health, however since he is already at full health, the perfume has no effect and evaporates away.

Remaining ingredients:

Ennonian Rose Petals - 1 left

Mopagian Pale Root - 1 left

Crushed Chimera Hoof - 1 left

Ground Golem's Kidney - 2 left

Edited by Waterbrick Down

I'm alive!!! Seeing the others staring at me with startled expressions I blush and clear my throat

Well, I suppose Tarn or Atramor should go next?

Edited by soccerkid6

QM note: Anyone can try multiple times, but the results will only effect the mixer. Whomever the group decides should mix, should either do so in bold, or use the appropriate colors for indicating their choice.