Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #11: A Matter of Principle

heroicaquest9.jpg

Five heroes made their way to the Guildhouse of Invision, as they walked down the streets of Eubric, the travelers and merchants of the port took note of the swarthy party which included:

6046036799_13ec297413_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin *Party Leader*

(Played by CallMePieORDie)

Level 7 Rogue

Power: 13

Health: 13/13

Gold: 24

Inventory: Whip Chain of Pickpocketing (WP:6), Bone x2, Potion, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Shovel

egar.jpg

Elgar Gligin

(Played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 1 Ranger

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 5

Inventory: Bow and Arrow (WP:3), Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Venom, Potion

img_2800.jpg

Sir Glorfindel

(Played by soccerkid6)

Level 1 Knight

Health: 10/10

Inventory: Broadsword (WP:3), Lion Shield (SP:2), Potion, Bedroll

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Tarn Valco

(Played by Rumble Strike)

Level 6 Barbarian

Power: 15

Health: 13/13

Gold: 52

Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Ax (WP:9, water elemental), Pole-axe (WP:3), Bottle of Mead, Lightning Bomb, Potion x2, Tonic, Venom

dsc01018.jpg

William Harkenshire

(Played by volcanicpanik)

Level 1 Ranger

Health: 6/6

Inventory: Bow (WP:3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

As they approached the western side entrance to the guildhall, the barbarian, Tarn Valco, bent to relace his boot and discovered 2 Gold that had fallen into a crack in the cobblestones. As the party reached their destination, they were greeted by the guild formulist, Dr. Guillaume Mynatt.

guild_house.jpg

“Good day gentlemen, my name is Dr. Guillaume Mynatt. I am ze formulist here at ze guild specializing in ze synzesis of modern compounds and soluzions for our organization. I unfortunately posted my original advertisement in ze fish market zinking I may get some responze, but zankfully one of your fellow heroes happened upon eet and placed eet in your hall. Consequently my assistant Julian has been missing for almost a week now. Ze lad is only 15 years of age, but he has had a tendency to linger in ze shops and take time off without notice, but never for zis long. Last I saw him, he was going to pick up some supplies for research that I am conducting for a patron. Now is zere any other information I can provide you hwiz, for your investigation?

OOC: First off as an order of preference, if there are any mistakes or out of character questions during the quest, please post them in the discussion section, I keep up to date on that topic as much as I do this one, so hopefully it will keep the quest flowing. Feel free to edit any of your posts if needed, except for battle actions; if you need to change those just add another post, thanks.

Soccerkid6, I made up a clearer avatar for your character, let me know if you want me to change it back.

Rumble Strike, as stated earlier you already anticipated one of my pet peeves in the discussion section, so you may add the 2 Gold to your signature.

Other than all that, have fun!

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Atramor couldn't help but think of Umbra Shadeuax, with a chuckle, at he listened to this man's accent.

"Right. Well, what kind of supplies was he going for, and at which shop, exactly? And what research for what patron? Gotta know yer enemy, eh? Er, well, gotta know your 'Quest' would fit better...anyway..."

"Ah yes, how could I be so forgetful..." The formulist reaches into his vest pocket and pulls out a list and a small map of Eubric and starts to mark it with a piece of charcoal. After scribbling for a minute or two he hands the list and the map to the party.

Need:

3x Vial of Hippocamp Tears- Gurnam's

2x Gnomish Fractionation Column- Glass Blowers

Signor Brickoughs “Maladies of the Brick”- Book Shop

1x Essence of Obsidian- Apothecary

1x Frost Ruby of Helvetia- Mandrel's

heroica-mapeubric.jpg

"Zat should be everyzing, I made a copy of ze list, because Julian has a habit of purchasing extra zings on ze Guild's tab. If you should discover Julian has yet to have picked up ze items, pick zem up for me hwile you are zere. Is zere anyzing else?"

"Ah, good," says Atramor, sweeping up both papers and stuffing them into his hat. He then turns to the rest of the party.

"Anybody else got any questions for the Doc?"

I second Williams question. Where was he seen last? Also if we need to purchase the items for you, we just say to put it on your tab?

Edited by soccerkid6

Tarn was slightly amazed that the heroes hadn't actually asked what Julian looks like.

"Dr Mynatt, what does Julian actually look like, and what was he wearing before he went missing?"

"Unfortunately the last time I saw Julian, was ze morning he ran out to do ze errands. I would check at Gurnam's firat since he opens ze earliest, you can't miss his stand in the fish market, it's marked by a golden trident. As to Julian's appearance, he's rather short for his age, wears a slate blue tunic and he has a brown mop of hair on his head. He probably took his satchel wiz him to carry ze items. You should have no trouble picking up ze extra items, just let the shopkeeper know to put it on ze Guild's tab. Zat is about all I can tell you, is there anyzing else?."

"Unfortunately the last time I saw Julian, was ze morning he ran out to do ze errands. I would check at Gurnam's firat since he opens ze earliest, you can't miss his stand in the fish market, it's marked by a golden trident. As to Julian's appearance, he's rather short for his age, wears a slate blue tunic and he has a brown mop of hair on his head. He probably took his satchel wiz him to carry ze items. You should have no trouble picking up ze extra items, just let the shopkeeper know to put it on ze Guild's tab. Zat is about all I can tell you, is there anyzing else?."

Ye, I have already coated my weapon with venom

"That's about all, I think, but if anybody has any other questions, ask now, I don't think we'll be coming back."

Atramor then pulled out his Magic Compass, and tapped the needle, hoping to track Julian, or at least get a general idea of where to search.

"I would suggest we take the ingredients list and go to each shop in order, inquiring as to if the shopkeepers have seen Julian.

Let's head to the Fish Market

Edited by Rumble Strike

Atramor checks his compass, but due to the party's proximety to the hall which is packed full of scientific equipment, the compass encounters interference with the signal, though the needle does briefly hover between the northwest and south cardinal points.

"You'll find Gurnam in ze Fish Market, he deals in second hand seafood and other...cough... items of interest. He's a bit brutish, but his services are top notch. Oh and if you do deliver all ze items I'll see to it zat you each receive a bonus of 15 Gold, but please find Julian, he ees like flesh and blood to me."

What will the party do next?

"Indeed, fish market it is. I'd like to smell the salt of the sea again."

The party makes their way southward toward the coast, as they walk down the cobbled streets, the odor of fish and the briny deep filters northward and the shouts of merchants and screeches of gulls fill the air with a cacophony of noises. Making their way through the crowd, the party comes upon the small shack marked with a golden trident above it. Lounging within the shadows of his stand, the second hand seafood monger, Gurnam, plays with a filleting knife.

gurnams_fish_stand.jpg

"Yeh, what can I do fer ya?"

"Would you all shut yer traps!" The sharkling points his knife menacingly at the group. "Do you know you could get me keel-hauled if word got round to the port authorities that I was sellin' Hippocamp Tears!"

Gurnam looks around nervously to ensure nobody wis watching their interaction too closely.

"Now who sent ya? What's this about a missin' alchemist?"

Atramor sweeps off his hat and bows.

"Yes, as my arrow-flinging fellow said, we are Heroes of Heroica, send by the alchemist Dr. Mynatt to search for his missing assisstant, Julian. Did he come by already, and if so, where was he headed next? Oh, and if you don't mind, the esteemed Doctor mentioned you having some...interesting wares to barter. I wouldn't worry about any...big-mouthedness, even I've done business on the side of a day job sometimes."

Atramor couldn't resist thinking of the types of items this...land-shark held. It was always by the sea interesting items were found.