gallery_2351_18_164.gif

As of yesterday lego is offering a special set with the purchase of $99,00 €79.00 £50.00 at a Lego Store or S@H

Oct_GWP_FS_NA_723x370_Mainstage_EN.jpg

blackfriday-soon_na_723x370_mainstage_en.jpg

Set 1/1 is 3300020

Build a holiday to remember with 1 of 2 2011 LEGO® Holiday Sets!

• Christmas morning has finally come and the gifts are piled high under the decorated tree. Collect both sets to complete the scene!

• Includes boy minifigure

• Features decorated tree, 4 gifts with bows, painting and opening lattice window

• Makes a great stocking stuffer!

• Place the 2011 LEGO® Holiday Sets together to complete the scene!

• Learn more about the 2011 LEGO Holiday Sets (Link is Dead)

• Measures over 3” (7cm) high and 3” (7cm) wide

3300020_800.jpg

Set 2/2 is 3300002

Build a holiday to remember with this second collectible 2011 LEGO® Holiday Set!

• Santa Claus has just come down the chimney to find a cup and a cookie awaiting his arrival on Christmas Eve. Collect both sets to complete the scene!

• Includes Santa Claus minifigure

• Features decorated fireplace with grate and mantle, table, a cup, cookie, wreath, painting and fireplace wood bin

• Makes a great stocking stuffer!

• Place the 2011 LEGO® Holiday Sets together to complete the scene!

• Learn more about the 2011 LEGO Holiday Sets (Link Works)

• Measures over 3” (7cm) high and 3” (7cm) wide

3300002_800.jpg

Warning both pictures link to HR version 2400x1800 pxl.!

EDIT! forgot to mention, the second set will be available end of November! :devil:

Instructions for the two sets!

instructions.gif Set 1/2 (3300020) Christmas Tree Scene

instructions.gif Set 2/2 (3300002) Fire Place Scene

2012 Holiday Set

2013 Holiday Sets 1/2 2/2

Enjoy! :caroler: :caroler: :caroler:

The colors in these pictures are a bit wonky-- parts which I can only assume will be Warm Gold (BL's Pearl Gold) appear either Gold (BL's Pearl Light Gold) or Brick Yellow (BL's Tan), and the orange decoration on the christmas tree looks a weird pastel color that doesn't resemble anything on the current palette. Other colors look similarly washed-out.

I also wonder if we'll ever get a more detailed Santa Claus figure. I would like to see one with the beard from the Minifigures Series 3 Fisherman, the sack from this year's Police sets (this detail did show up in the City Advent Calendar this year, much to my delight), and possibly more detailed leg and torso prints. I understand that, being a cultural icon rather than a character belonging to a particular author, Santa Claus's appearance is subjective and may vary a bit by culture. But I'd love to one day see a Santa Claus who matches the portrayal I'm familiar with, wearing black boots, a red coat trimmed with white fur, and a pointy and similarly fur-trimmed red hat.

With that said, these are both charming vignettes. And I do appreciate that unlike many Santa Claus minifigures, this one has actual white eyebrows. He looks a bit angrier than I would like, but it's still a step in the right direction.

Thanks so much for the info and high-res pics!

It's a shame that you can't purchase each of the vignettes without spending the $99, even though the page lists them at $9.99.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

This promo isn't available in the norwegian S@H, so I'll be missing out on in :cry_sad:.

This promo isn't available in the norwegian S@H, so I'll be missing out on in :cry_sad:.

The link to the page for the set is only in the US shop but the set is available in Europe, I think its added to your bag at checkout!?

The link to the page for the set is only in the US shop but the set is available in Europe, I think its added to your bag at checkout!?

No, it's not. If I change region to UK it gets added to the bag, but when I change back to Norway it gets removed again, with a message that it's not available in the country I have chosen.

did anyone else notice the 1x1 round tile :classic:

I didn't until you mentioned it!

I have the first half of this promo, thanks to my purchase today. I'll get the second one at some point (when it's available) and maybe do a review.

The guy living there is very fond of that painting of a schooner, because he has two of them. Also, he lives with an angry santa claus. :blush:

Edited by Zeya

Wow, that's one angry Santa! Someone's been naughty. :laugh:

Both of these are pretty cool since they seem to be great parts packs! Just look at all that dark red! :wub_drool: I hope those cheese slopes, studs, and goblet are pearl gold. I probably wont cash out the money required to get these though.

By the way, I received the new Lego catalogue today, and in there they have a few other new seasonal item, including Holiday ornaments filled with 2x2 bricks: One with red bricks, one with green, and with - wait for it - pearl gold bricks! *oh2* They sell for $7.99 each. There is also a 2x15x14 model of a stocking, a new Christmas Tree similar to the last one, and a Mini (brick-built) Santas Set. :thumbup:

This is going to be a great Xmas!

... Holiday ornaments filled with 2x2 bricks: One with red bricks, one with green, and with - wait for it - pearl gold bricks!

I'm pretty sure I've seen some of those in a Lego store a while back, and if I remember correctly there were metallic gold bricks as well. I wish I'd picked one up!

Same problem for Belgium :cry_sad:

(despite that in Germany it is available, and they ship from there anyway...)

It's a shame that you can't purchase each of the vignettes without spending the $99, even though the page lists them at $9.99.

Indeed; I'd love to get at least a couple of each so that I'd have a pair for myself and another pair to give to my girlfriend for Christmas. That said, at least this promotion is running concurrently with the free shipping and double VIP points promos, which takes quite a bit of the sting out of "having to" spend $99 right now, especially since there are other seasonal sets being offered that I want to get ASAP anyway. I do hope fans in other countries get a way to get these, though.

I've been on the wagon (from buying LEGO) for the past month and a half or so... just wanting to save money, but I really think these promos are neat and was definitely ready to do some black Friday LEGO shopping anyway (our LEGO store participates in a Thursday "midnight" thing at our mall, so I may just do that), so I just ordered a couple of things to get the first one.

I really love the dark red colors... is that LEGO's "New Dark Red?" Of course 1x1 round tiles are nice, too, hope to see a lot more of them.

Edited by fred67

This is a really neat set. I picked one up last night but haven't built it yet. I think I will wait until I get the second one. :thumbup:

Plus that new 1x1 round tile is awesome - the thought of that piece has been in my mind for quite sometime and it's nice to see they've added it.

This is a really neat set. I picked one up last night but haven't built it yet. I think I will wait until I get the second one. :thumbup:

Same here. I'm planning on getting the second, and then I'll do a bunch of different seasonal sets all throughout December, right up until Christmas - this set and its companion, all three of the Winter Village sets (I got the first two last year but haven't built either of them yet; the Post Office formed most of the order I just placed that got me this little set), and probably three different Advent Calendars (again, I got last year's City one but never opened it - too busy last year; I plan to get both the City and Star Wars ones for this year). Possibly I'll also repack and then reopen/rebuild the 2009 City Advent Calendar, the only Christmas / winter seasonal set larger than a polybag that I've actually put together in recent years, until now.

:classic:

I've been on the wagon (from buying LEGO) for the past month and a half or so... just wanting to save money, but I really think these promos are neat and was definitely ready to do some black Friday LEGO shopping anyway (our LEGO store participates in a Thursday "midnight" thing at our mall, so I may just do that), so I just ordered a couple of things to get the first one.

I really love the dark red colors... is that LEGO's "New Dark Red?" Of course 1x1 round tiles are nice, too, hope to see a lot more of them.

"New Dark Red" is a confusing color because it seems to be just a re-formulation of the original Dark Red without any change in material ID (still 154). The name New Dark Red has been used for this color for at least a year now, whereas before that it had been called just "Dark Red". So this will be the same Dark Red that has been appearing in sets all year if not longer.

There will be lots of 1x1 round tiles in next year's sets, in colors including Medium Stone Grey, Warm Gold, Transparent Blue, Transparent Red, Transparent Green, and Transparent Yellow. Possibly others as well.

Great review!

I got an email from Lego today and it stated that the free model #1 with purchase has been extended.

Also, I have read that Model #2 is only available come "Brick Friday" for 3 days near the end of November. Hopefully it will be longer than 3 days or there just might be a mad dash for this one.....

Got the Post office and other things to get one of #1, plus I plan to get the Black Pearl later, so I'll have #2! :cry_happy: I had to break out my Christmas albums today for the occasion. :blush: I'm weak. :facepalm:

Great review!

I got an email from Lego today and it stated that the free model #1 with purchase has been extended.

That's good news! Could you or someone else quote the email's exact words? I'd love to see it, and I don't have easy access to my own email at the moment even though I'm on a computer (long story). I'm going to try to get one or two more of these - if nothing else, I know my girlfriend would like one as well (and would probably get it the same way I got mine, by buying the Winter Village Post Office and a few small things)...

That's good news! Could you or someone else quote the email's exact words? I'd love to see it, and I don't have easy access to my own email at the moment even though I'm on a computer (long story). I'm going to try to get one or two more of these - if nothing else, I know my girlfriend would like one as well (and would probably get it the same way I got mine, by buying the Winter Village Post Office and a few small things)...

Attached is the header of the email. Cheers!