Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#10: Extra-Curricular Activities

Provost Lector leaves the party to wait until the dusk comes. The night guard Jensen arrives a few hours later, and the party explains their plan to him. The silent orc just nods and enters the building.

heroicaquest10-academynight.jpg

As the ruckus on the nearby streets steadily ceases, the academy grounds become eerily silent. The party keeps a hard eye on the main entrance, but not a soul goes in or comes out. The sky is now pitch dark.

Suddenly a scream pierces the silence. It is coming from inside the academy, so the party decides to enter with haste.

The entrance hall is quiet and empty. There are doors leading straight ahead, left and right. Which way will the party head first?

Alf whispers to the others "I hope that not jenson... me and Mage Nur go look for vandal, you two stay here and guard to make sure they don't escape. agreed?"

reference back to map:

heroicaquest10-academymap.jpg

"so forward lead to atrium, left to west wing, and right to east wing... Maurice, where you think me and Nur go?"

"I don't think it would do any good to stay and guard the door, the vandals obviously has another entrance, and besides that they can escape through any of the other 3 doors since they were only locked from the inside. I would say we go straight ahead to the atrium. We have access to three rooms from there so if we hear something again we can quickly search those rooms."

"I don't think it would do any good to stay and guard the door, the vandals obviously has another entrance, and besides that they can escape through any of the other 3 doors since they were only locked from the inside. I would say we go straight ahead to the atrium. We have access to three rooms from there so if we hear something again we can quickly search those rooms."

"good point" Alf curses himself for being so stupid. "ok, well forward it is, to the atrium." :sceptic:

Nur exhaled with a sigh of relief. He didn't want to be stuck alone with the talkative barbarian. "The atrium it is. Lead on Ratibor. Let us truly begin this quest."

The party advanced forward into the Atrium. In the darkness, they saw two humps moving slowly on the far side of the enclosed yard. They would have to walk closer to see what they were.

Will the party walk on, or return to the Entrance Hall?

The party advanced forward into the Atrium. In the darkness, they saw two humps moving slowly on the far side of the enclosed yard. They would have to walk closer to see what they were.

Will the party walk on, or return to the Entrance Hall?

What ever it is, it shouldn't be here! :angry: Lets go get them!

Weary of traps after having a ceiling collapse on him in his previous quest, En Sabah Nur moved his hand to the hilt of Sangriste and slowly followed the cleric. "Aye, we must investigate. Alf be ready to shield Ratibor from whatever we may find. You're quite adept at jumping so if any harm should head towards our cleric friend, throw yourself in front of him." The dark mage chuckled and squinted as the party moved closer towards their target.

OOC: Sorry I haven't been here, couldn't find the topic for some reason.

I believe we should go investigate these "humps". I'll be ready for my bow.

Edited by The_Customizer

The party walks forward across the Atrium. Ahead of them they start to make out the outlines of two grotesque statues resembling some sort of winged demons with flames emanating from their mouths. However, these statues were of the mobile sort, and upon seeing the party, the two gargoyles promptly attack.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest10-battlegargoyles.jpg

Enemies:

Gargoyle A

Type: Rock, Flying

Level: 4

Health: 45/45

Special:
Plummet
– Causes 8 damage to the target, but also takes away 2 health from the Gargoyle.

Drops: Half a Globe (quest item)

Gargoyle B

Special:
Plummet
– Causes 8 damage to the target, but also takes away 2 health from the Gargoyle.

Party:

ava-alf.jpg

Alf Gregory
(played by Bricksandparts)

Level 1 Barbarian

Power
: 4

Health
: 8/8

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Greatsword (WP:3), Potion, Mead, Shovel

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 4 Mage
*Lucky*

Power
: 9

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Sangriste Dagger (WP:5), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Garnet (Earth), 3 Potions, 3 Tonics, Venom, Bedroll

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 1 Ranger

Power

Health
: 6/6

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Longbow (WP:3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

heroica_maurice02small.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 1 Cleric

Power

Health
: 9/9

Ether
: 5/5

Gold

Inventory
: Steel Mace (WP:3), Potion, Remedy

Party Leader, please post the order of action.

All of you, please post your targets and the row you want to fight from. Also state if you want to heal, cast a spell, flee or use an item instead.

Any enemy not targetted will get a Free Hit against a party member.

"Megabloks..." Despite his control over the earth, En Sabah Nur knew his spells would be ineffective. These stone beasts would prove immune to any rock thrown at them. If he dared try, his spells would crumble harmlessly on the gargoyles or outright miss should the golems take flight. The mage knew he was in trouble.

"Friends, I'm afraid I won't be using any magic for this encounter. Not only do I not wish to cause harm to this fine building but my spells are useless against these types of foes. However I will assist you in healing, Ratibor by distributing Potions when necessary during my turns. If you want to risk that nasty special for a round, go ahead as it won't knock you out in one hit. Alf and Erdacath should tread cautiously and stay in the back row. This fight will be a test of our endurance. I will take my turn to apply Venom to my dagger."

En Sabah Nur took a defensive stance in the back row. He hoped his luck would hold out.

I guess it will only be me and 2 others attacking.

I will attack Gargoyle Afrom Back Row

Guys, be sure to attack both enemies, we don't want free hits, now do we?

That was not what I expected! But that doesn't matter now, lets give them what they deserve!

I will attack Gargoyle A from the front row

Battle order:

Erdathcath Madilinas

Maurice Ratibor

Alf Gregory

En Sabah Nur

OOC: Wait, will I get double damage from the front row, or half damage from the back? in other words, if I attack from the back row, will I only recieve 4 damage from special, or 8? If it is 4, I'll go to back row, if it is 8, I might as well go to front row.

"May gods be with me!" :sceptic: "well here goes nothing!" :devil:

OOC: this is starting to seem like quest three, it started out seeming like you had to find clues, but then everything changes...

OOC: Wait, will I get double damage from the front row, or half damage from the back? in other words, if I attack from the back row, will I only recieve 4 damage from special, or 8? If it is 4, I'll go to back row, if it is 8, I might as well go to front row.

OOC: You'll be hit with their regular damage if you are in the front row.And only half damage it you are hit in the back row. Also, attacking from the back row also only gives you half attack,

Though in my case I have a bow, so if I attack from the back row my attack will be the same, but I can only be damaged half of their attack.

Which gargoyle are you going to attack?

(Erdathcath realizes that perhaps these beasts may be under a spell)

Results of Round One of the Gargoyle Battle:

>Erdathcath Madilinas vs. Gargoyle A - Damage

Maurice Ratibor vs. Gargoyle A - Miss

Alf Gregory vs. Gargoyle B - Hit

En Sabah Nur uses Venom

The party's first battle begins. The gargoyle that Erdathcath targets manages to strike the female ranger instead, causing 2 damage to her. Maurice's attack misses, but Alf connects with his sword, causing 4 damage to the second Gargoyle. Nur coats his dagger with venom.

Both enemies still stand strong. The battle continues.

Enemies:

Gargoyle A

Special:
Plummet

Gargoyle B

Health: 41/45

Special:
Plummet

Party:

ava-alf.jpg

Alf Gregory

Level 1 Barbarian

Power

Health

Gold

Inventory

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 4 Mage
*Lucky*

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Sangriste Dagger (WP:5
*poisoned*
), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Garnet (Earth), 3 Potions, 3 Tonics, Bedroll

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 1 Ranger

Power

Health
: 4/6

Gold

Inventory
: Longbow (WP:3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 1 Cleric

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory

Party Leader, please post the order of action.

All of you, please post your targets and the row you want to fight from. Also state if you want to heal, cast a spell, flee or use an item instead.

Any enemy not targetted will get a Free Hit against a party member.

OoC: If you don't flee, this will be an extremely long battle. Just saying.

The party's single mage can only watch as his team mates battle the animated stone creations. Careful not to poison or cut himself, Nur finished preparing his blade with venom as Erdacath is struck by a gargoyle's claw. "Ratibor! Perhaps we should flee and explore another wing. We can return here once we've become stronger. Either that or heal Erdathcath or she can take a potion because she'll be knocked out from any more damage rendering our only means of escape (smoke bomb) useless. If ye wish to continue to the fight, I'll attack Gargoyle A from the back row!"

Guys, I have a feeling this will be a long battle, would you like to continue the attack? (Who knows that these beasts may have for us!) However, if we are distracted by these beasts, we may not be able to catch the villains fundraising this place. I believe we should leave before any more of us get injured.

"Oh my, these rock monsters seem awfully strong! And I don't believe these are the criminals we are looking for, to scribble down words one would need hands I think.

What say you, esteemed team members? Shall we continue this fight which no doubt will occupy us for a long time, or should we try to flee, using Erdathcath's Smoke bomb, and continue searching for the vandals?"

"It seems we agree to leave these beasts for now. Please Erdathcath, use your smoke bomb so we can escape this hopeless battle.

But where should we flee? I believe the door to the Auditorium is blocked by the gargoyles, but the Observatory and the Library should be accessible I hope. Personally I would like to search the Observatory, but please speak your mind too."

I will gladly use my smoke bomb.

I think we should flee to the Auditorium, if possible, as it seems like that is the only place they haven't vandalized yet. (Though we'll have to go through the library)

"It seems we agree to leave these beasts for now. Please Erdathcath, use your smoke bomb so we can escape this hopeless battle.

But where should we flee? I believe the door to the Auditorium is blocked by the gargoyles, but the Observatory and the Library should be accessible I hope. Personally I would like to search the Observatory, but please speak your mind too."

Erdathcath uses her Smoke Bomb, which allows the party to escape the seemingly hopeless battle.

THE BATTLE IS DISCONTINUED!

Party:

ava-alf.jpg

Alf Gregory

Level 1 Barbarian

Power

Health

Gold

Inventory

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 4 Mage
*Lucky*

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Sangriste Dagger (WP:5), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Garnet (Earth), 3 Potions, 3 Tonics, Bedroll

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 1 Ranger

Power

Health
: 4/6

Gold

Inventory
: Longbow (WP:3), Potion, Bedroll

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 1 Cleric

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory

The gargoyles block the party's way to the other doors of the Atrium, so they have no other option but to return to the Entrance Hall.

Which way will the party go next? To the East Wing or the West Wing?

to the east wing, then we can see what them rocks had them globe piece for:

reference: the items

Enemies:

Gargoyle A

Special: Plummet – Causes 8 damage to the target, but also takes away 2 health from the Gargoyle.

Gargoyle B

Health: 41/45

Special: Plummet – Causes 8 damage to the target, but also takes away 2 health from the Gargoyle.

Shall we go through the East wing, then Library and finally to the Auditorium? Or shall we take the West wing?

I think the East will be a better idea.