Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

What's New in Western MOCs?

i'll talk ninja with ya,... but we have to go back to WW sometime. deal ??? ;-) :-D :-D :-D
what ??? you don't trust my "deals" >:-)

:-P - BrickMiner

With all those posts, I'm glad to see that you take time to visit the other forums. But I'm back, so let's see what we can do.

I find if I check the Pirate forum every day then I don't lose track due to all the posts, its the other things like work and university that make it difficult to venture outside. But I make an effort just for you!

Well what do you expect? The Pirate forum is only getting 50 posts per day instead of 150 so naturally I want to discover the reasons behind this. But still, 50 is a lot more than most of the forums here, like the LEGO Trains & Town forum for example. Maybe its moderator could take a few leaves out of the Pirate Forum book. :-D

Yeah, I know. I already warned him but he's a bit stubborn at times. Guess I have to have a more serious talk with him...

Brickster, I already welcomed you back, but I just remembered that I've got something you might like.

I visited a local LEGO exhibition in August. It was small but it had a few nice dioramas. Unfortunately I had to use my cell phone camera so the pictures ain't of that a good quality.

Here ya go:

ahhh2nzqlja5e0qqd.jpg

ahhh2oxhr7li3ral1.jpg

:-)

Those are great Hobbes! Now these are grand scale MOCs. If I had the pieces to build either of these, I don't think I'd ever destroy.

I'm not sure which diorama I like better??? *wub* I love the Egyptian temple and the mountain and street of the Wild West scene is outstanding!

These are some of the best large-scale MOCs I've ever seen. Simply outstanding! Thanks for sharing Hobbes.

Yeah, I know. I already warned him but he's a bit stubborn at times. Guess I have to have a more serious talk with him...

female canine slap him if you have to! Those August Exhibition Dioramas look awesome! Maybe one day I'll be rich enough to move into themes like Western and Adventurers. One day...

Where was this exhibition?

i love the adventurers one... all those 5978 raised baseplates look really good next to each other !!! and as brickster said, that MOC temple is great.

however, im not too fond of the western one... doesn't look very, um,... western. maybe its just the shot.

Maybe one day I'll be rich enough to move into themes like Western and Adventurers. One day...
im curious, are these the next two themes you would be interested in collecting, phes ??? or do others come before these ???

- BrickMiner

however, im not too fond of the western one... doesn't look very, um,... western. maybe its just the shot.

I just read that they'll hold their exhibition again, at a kids' fair from October 6-8. It's almost around the corner from my place, so I'll go and see that I can get some decent pics to share :-)

Meanwhile, here's a shot of the inside of the temple:

ahi0t9e8yqrm5xymy.jpg

That is so awesome! I really wish I had purchased more of the Egyptian desert sets. I used to limit myself to one set each, and that never gives you much building opportunity.

i love the adventurers one... all those 5978 raised baseplates look really good next to each other !!! and as brickster said, that MOC temple is great.

Maybe one day I'll be rich enough to move into themes like Western and Adventurers. One day...
im curious, are these the next two themes you would be interested in collecting, phes ??? or do others come before these ???

- BrickMiner

Only classic castle... I'm not sure which order they come in though...

now that you mention it... my two favorite themes take place in the desert !?!?!? that isn't by concious choice X-O

i wonder if i have a hidden fixation with desert life ???

- BrickMiner