Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Masked Builder

Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

403 posts in this topic

heroicaquest9.jpg

Six heroes left the hall for the Hinkwell ground's. The heroes are:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 4 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 10 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 9/9

Gold: 0

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom (2)

dsc_0008c2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 11 Mage

Power: 16

Health: 14/14

Ether: 14/14

Gold: 245

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 4

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion (2), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 4

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 1 Rogue

Power: 4

Health: 7/7

Gold: 10

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 6 Mage

Power: 11

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 20

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

begining.jpg

“I’ve picked you heroes to come and rid my forest of the trespassers. But if you kill any of my game animals you won’t get the reward. Currently the only animals that are supposed to be in there are wild boar. You may kill any other animals, and bring back their heads for a bonus. Now, the last place I saw footprints was over here by this oak tree. I suggest that you start your investigation there.”

begining2.jpg

The party sees that the prints lead into the forest. Do they wish to follow them into the forest or go around the forest to try to see if they come out of the forest?

QM Note: Please Check and make sure everything is correct. And don't hesitate to tell me I got something wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arasmyth arrives in the forest just behind Grogan and listened to his explanation. "I'm certainly not a Ranger, but it is my opinion that we should traverse the forest in order to hopefully discover and defeat various fauna that aren't game animals for experience and loot and any additional compensation Grogan chooses to bestow upon us."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright chaps, I haven't had the chance to meet ya all yet, but I'm sure we'll get to know each other just fine by the end of this. Now I know most of you specialize in the magical arts, and I'll let it be known out front that I don't know much about such things and I don't much care more than necessary. With that said, I'll respect yer abilities and your opinions as far as spell flingin' goes and let me know if I'm ever askin' for the impossible to be done."

Turning to Grogan, Skrall addressed him, "I thank ya fer the kind advice, but I have a few questions I want to clear. First how do you know that these trespassers aren't some wild predators killin' yer game at random? Have you on any occasion ever seen these so called trespassers? If so, how many were there and how would ya describe them?"

Turning aside to his fellow questers, "If it comes to it, what do ya all think of sendin' half our party round the other side to look fer tracks, and if they find any, have them meet us at the halfway point in the forest?"

OOC: Not that it would make much of a difference but I sold my bow, prior to arriving, I just forgot to adjust my signature, also I should have 0 Gold.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turning aside to his fellow questers, "If it comes to it, what do ya all think of sendin' half our party round the other side to look fer tracks, and if they find any, have them meet us at the halfway point in the forest?"

"That's an interesting idea, and I think it could work, but remember that if we do split there will, in one of the parties, be two inexperienced persons, something that could be a problem if that party runs into trouble. Not saying splitting up is a bad idea though, it could very well be the most efficient approach to solving our task."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hello my fellow heroes!" Althior said.

"Hello."

"Finnegan! I told you to stay at the inn!"

"Who'd carry your stuff?"

"Fine" Althior agreed as he tried to use his compass. Althior wished he could push Finnegan of a cliff right now. What was he thinking when he created him? He needed to find a way to be rid of him. Fast.

OOC: Is that how it works? And my power should be 15, I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem to me that it's logical to traverse through the forest; it'll take just as long- if not longer- to go around. The other option would be to split up, one group traversing and the other circling, but as I've already stated that jsut wouldn't make sence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turning to Grogan, Skrall addressed him, "I thank ya fer the kind advice, but I have a few questions I want to clear. First how do you know that these trespassers aren't some wild predators killin' yer game at random? Have you on any occasion ever seen these so called trespassers? If so, how many were there and how would ya describe them?"

"The footprints that I've seen are human prints. I think I caught a glimpse of one of them the other night, though I'm not sure. I would think there's a small group of them, judging by the number of prints."

OOC: Not that it would make much of a difference but I sold my bow, prior to arriving, I just forgot to adjust my signature, also I should have 0 Gold.

QM Note: Fixed.

"Fine" Althior agreed as he tried to use his compass.

Althior's compass needle spins and points down the trail the footprints made.

OOC: Is that how it works? And my power should be 15, I believe.

QM Note: It works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skrall listened to the opinions of the other party members, even though he felt a slight discomfort around the Fenarian, he had to agree with her. "Point taken Lady Uq. If we should split up I believe we should send the most experienced mage in the group with the rogue and the areomancer, while the elf, or house-elf, or whatever he be... [Shouting over at Bob] You there, what be yer name mage[]... should accompany yarself and me."

Skrall noticed the mage who he had heard referred to as Althior mumble something about a compass. "Ah, Althior is it? I see you had the foresight to bring along one of those compasses from the marketplace, will it do us any good out here do you think? And what's this blue fellow doin' here? I thought this was a quest for heroes and adventurers not butlers."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fine" Althior agreed as he tried to use his compass.

"So, mr Althior, any effect from that compass?"

(OOC: it wouldn't make sense to act based on something Althior "feels", there's a difference between player knowledge and character knowledge after all. :wink:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skrall listened to the opinions of the other party members, even though he felt a slight discomfort around the Fenarian, he had to agree with her. "Point taken Lady Uq. If we should split up I believe we should send the most experienced mage in the group with the rogue and the areomancer, while the elf, or house-elf, or whatever he be... [shouting over at Bob] You there, what be yer name mage[]... should accompany yarself and me."

Skrall noticed the mage who he had heard referred to as Althior mumble something about a compass. "Ah, Althior is it? I see you had the foresight to bring along one of those compasses from the marketplace, will it do us any good out here do you think? And what's this blue fellow doin' here? I thought this was a quest for heroes and adventurers not butlers."

"Well, as I've previously stated, I believe traversing the forest to be our best course of action, but since you two have both Quested before, I'll follow your judgement on this, Party Leader."

Edited by Kadabra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(OOC: it wouldn't make sense to act based on something Althior "feels", there's a difference between player knowledge and character knowledge after all. :wink:)

QM Note: Then how you you have me do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QM Note: Then how you you have me do it?

OOC: You could say something along the lines of "The compass needle spins around for a bit, then points into the forest", but I think the compass itself should be reacting, not Althior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: You could say something along the lines of "The compass needle spins around for a bit, then points into the forest", but I think the compass itself should be reacting, not Althior.

QM Note: Good thought. Changed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, from the looks of that compass then it appears we shall head into the forest. Though what that compass could be sensing is beyond my comprehension. Does it always point North, or does it objectively point in the right direction, or does it point in the direction of one's deepest desires :pir-sceptic: "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_5732.jpg

The party follows the prints into the forest and sees a campsite, as well as the prints lading off away from the campsite. Does the party wish to follow the prints or look around the campsite first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arasmyth inspects the area around the campfire to see if anything of interest is there. "If anyone with a shovel or magnifying glass would like to do a more thorough search, then we should, but apart from that I believe it would be in our best interest to continue following the prints in the hopes of catching up with the intruders. What say you, Skrall?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skrall bent down toward the fire, feeling the fleeing warmth of the coals, "Aye, let's take a look 'round here and see if this group left anything behind. Take care for traps or ambushes though, I doubt these trespassers know we're trackin' them yet, but you never know."

Removing a vial of venom from his satchel, the ogre applied the poison to his quarrels in preparation for any scuffles the party may soon run into.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone finds any throwing knives, I think it only logical that I should have them, to make full advantage of my Rogue abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skrall chuckled at the rogue's upstartness, recalling his own younger days of roaming, "Yer not the only one who has a knack fer throwin' things master Dyric, though I myself prefer to chuck scimitars at my enemies. I'll keep yer request in mind however."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party looks around the campsite and see a piece of parchment. It reads: “You are to stay behind and see if…...” The rest of the parchment has been ripped off.

As the party is examining the parchment they don’t notice someone sneaking up on them. When they do notice them it is too late to avoid a battle.

bandit1.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

Bandit

Type: Humanoid

Level: 6

Health: 30/30

Special: Profuse Bleeding – Causes target to bleed, losing 2 health per turn, until the battle is over, or it is remedied.

Drops: 20 Gold

Party:

img_2807.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 4 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 10 (+4 against beasts)

Health: 9/9

Gold: 0

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow
*Poisoned*
(WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom

dsc_0008c2.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 11 Mage

Power: 16

Health: 14/14

Ether: 14/14

Gold: 245

Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic

heroicarpgcharacter.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 4

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion (2), Smoke Bomb

img_5038_-_copy.jpg

Bob
(played by Sirius Black)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 4

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(The Legonater)

Level 1 Rogue

Power: 4

Health: 7/7

Gold: 10

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 6 Mage

Power: 11

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 20

Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arasmyth knows that the bandit could defeat him in one hit, so he attacks with his staff from the back row.

Edited by Kadabra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hah, one pathetic humanoid alone! This should be a piece of cake! :devil_laugh:"

"I shall cast a darkness spell at the Bandit from the Back row"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I attack the Bandit from the front row with my Longsword, seeing as I have no other choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skrall glanced suprisedly at the usually somber Fenarian's shout of battle glee.

"Alright chaps, all new mages to the back row, I don't want to be carryin' yar body all the way back to the hall. Unless ya have a spell that would be effective against this scoundal, I'd suggest ya save your ether or whatever ya call it fer later. Rone this enemy is quite strong so take care with yer attack. I'll pick off the thug from the back row with a bolt from my crossbow. If we can, let's leave him alive, he may have some useful information."

Order of Action:

Althior

Namyrra

Skrall

Dyric

Arasmyth

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I agree! Take care not to kill him, so we can interrogate him as to the whereabouts of our foes and other information he might be capable of supplying us with!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.