Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Mafia School: Cirque du Freak C&D

Well, that was a short mafia game career for me :cry_sad:. I hope I'll get to try again some time soon. In the mean time, I'll be rooting for Town, go find those scum bastards and avenge my death!

Thanks for letting me play badboytje88.

The presentation looks great Badboytje! I hope the behind-the-scenes is going smoothly for you as well. :classic:

Cecilie and Wuntin thanks for playing. I hope you enjoyed.

I had fun, and I'll certainly be back for more mafia-hunting. Thanks for hosting this for us newbies.

Players

strong_man.jpg_thumb.jpg Gingeroono - Strongman - Played by GingerWookie – In a relationship with Joshua Igneo

It appears that somebody resurrected Gingeroono. :tongue:

It appears that somebody resurrected Gingeroono. :tongue:

:sick:

Z.. z... zooommmbbbiiieee!

so, this is the everyday forum, right?

anyways, I can PM other people playing the game as if I am whispering to them, right? I just run the risk that they are part of the Mafia.

so, this is the everyday forum, right?

anyways, I can PM other people playing the game as if I am whispering to them, right? I just run the risk that they are part of the Mafia.

Questions like this can be asked directly to the host. If you look at your comment from an outside perspective, it could be seen as playing the game outside the thread or a noob giving up his true role. Are you a Scum trying to look like a Townie? Or are you definitely a Townie asking a naive question that just verified to the other Townies that you're Town. The rules should state that if you have any confusion or a question to ask, PM the host. This thread is for discussion of the game, meaning outsiders who want to comment. Players should be very careful commenting or questioning in this thread and should avoid playing the game in this thread at all costs. Now PM that question to badboy...

And capitalize the first word of every sentence! :hmpf: Our forum isn't a text conversation...

Zombie? Here? I thought that the mafia was the problem! Zombies! I don't like them! :sing:

Gingeroono has risen from the grave to avenge his wrong accusation and subsequent short visit to the lion cage! I sure am glad I wasn't the one who accused him! :grin:

Also using character info instead of basing decisions on a player's action. For example, suspecting the contortionist because she could easily get up the ladder to rig the bucket with the acid. That doesn't have any bearing on a Mafia game. That would also be considered meta-gaming, since a character's abilities or story has no bearing on if they are Town or Scum. :wink:

Is meta-gaming the way to do this?

Is meta-gaming the way to do this?

What? :wacko: I was defining metagaming. The way to do it? You're not supposed to do it. That's the point.

What? :wacko: I was defining metagaming. The way to do it? You're not supposed to do it. That's the point.

Okay (not ok-ey). Just a little confused because i thought it would be a school on how to play?

I havn't seen much of the learning part. Or have i misunderstood it all?

Okay (not ok-ey). Just a little confused because i thought it would be a school on how to play?

I havn't seen much of the learning part. Or have i misunderstood it all?

If you look at badboy's posts he has been posting little "lessons." Most questions, as explained in this thread twice now, are best asked to the host by PM. This discussion thread is also a good place to learn some things. For example, we've discussed metagaming quite a bit.

Jedi master brick? why are you telling us that u dont have night actions? I thought it were a play so the thing about night actions are for no concern for us.

Everyone sleeps at night.

Jedi master brick? why are you telling us that u dont have night actions? I thought it were a play so the thing about night actions are for no concern for us.

Everyone sleeps at night.

Don't play the game outside of the game thread. If he wants to tell you that in the game, he can. That may be a tactic, it may be the truth. That's up to you to figure out. This thread is for discussion only. It is meant for non-players to comment on the game. Any questions you have can be asked, in character, or to the host by PM. Have I said this three times today? :sceptic:

Mafia Lesson: Night Actions

A night action is something performed by a player at night (i.e. and investigation or a night kill). Only certain players have them. Players with Night Actions are usually targets for the other side to take out. If you have a Night Action, you should keep it a secret and only reveal it to people you trust or when you need to defend yourself against a vote. However, that is up to individual strategy. When the host tells you that the night phase of the game has begun, you can PM him your Action. For example, if you are a Town Vigilante, you would PM the host your target to kill. Talking about your Night Actions or the game in the discussion thread is a Eurobricks Mafia faux pas and should be avoided at all costs. So stop it.

Pandora's going to yell at you too. Now look what you've done. :tongue:

Metagaming is frowned on; as Hinckley says you're not supposed to do it.

It includes not basing any decisions on character profiles, pictures or any other information from the host.

It also includes not posting stuff like "I'm sorry I wasn't around to vote but my cat ate my laptop but I hope we got a scum!" or "sorry to see you leave the game character X as you were a fellow townie".

Making any reference to anyone's affiliation, whether they be living or dead, or questioning peoples motives such as "Why are you telling us that you don't have a night action?" in this thread, is metagaming and should be avoided.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Hinckley.

Pandora's going to yell at you too. Now look what you've done. :tongue:

:laugh:

I'm a pussycat! :purrr:

Don't play the game outside of the game thread. If he wants to tell you that in the game, he can. That may be a tactic, it may be the truth. That's up to you to figure out. This thread is for discussion only. It is meant for non-players to comment on the game. Any questions you have can be asked, in character, or to the host by PM. Have I said this three times today? :sceptic:

Sorry to ask about it then. I sent the question to host instead.

Not to try and rub it in any further with you eiker86, but these things are in the standard EB mafia game rules.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

They are there for a reason. As a player you're supposed to read them carefully. When you'd ask questions about your role in the discussion thread, you run the risk of exposing a night action you may have to the scum. Or as a scum, exposing yourself to the town. And when you play more advanced games, you'll find the rules can change from the standard rules. And in Hinckley's The Baritones 3, they even changed during the game on some days.

They are there for a reason. As a player you're supposed to read them carefully. When you'd ask questions about your role in the discussion thread, you run the risk of exposing a night action you may have to the scum. Or as a scum, exposing yourself to the town. And when you play more advanced games, you'll find the rules can change from the standard rules. And in Hinckley's The Baritones 3, they even changed during the game on some days.

Yes, and you should also catch them the three or four times they're repeated during the game's discussion. Mafia is fun but you are expected to invest a bit of time and know a bit about how they work. Yes, the Mafia School host will provide lessons, but there's plenty of reference material out there for you to explore on your own. Badboy has put two links in the first post of this thread that would be very helpful to you. A person who seeks knowledge on their own is more likely to thrive than one who must continuously seek assistance - proverbs by Hinckley.

banner_middel.jpg

This topic is for confirming your participation to the game and discussing the game: Cirque du Freak.

I know the rules and i have read the sites that are linked. But im only saying that i have not broekn any rules in anything ive asked about that got Hinckley mad.

Sorry if this reply is misunderstood.

I know the rules and i have read the sites that are linked. But im only saying that i have not broekn any rules in anything ive asked about that got Hinckley mad.

Sorry if this reply is misunderstood.

I'm not mad. I'm just explaining what your post looks like. And we've been over it. I'm pointing out to you that reading the whole discussion thread and thinking about how the mafia basics being discussed can also pertain to your possible actions could help you a great deal.

This topic is for confirming your participation to the game and discussing the game: Cirque du Freak.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

I'm simply asking for you to think about what you're saying before you say it. Yes, the first line in this thread says it's for discussion, but the rules state that players' questions should be posed to the host via PM. Think about how your questions and comments look. Yes, the first line in this thread says it's for discussion, but Rick, Pandora and I have all clarified for you that it's not for players to discuss things. In the past, non-players have posted in games to say they were enjoying it or they like the MOCs. That is the purpose of this thread. If you, a player, have a question or need clarification PM the host. This isn't just beating you over the head with it, it's for making sure that every player understands this. It has been a problem so far with this group and someone needs to be specific about it.

Players, don't discuss the game, tactics, actions or ask any questions or give hints towards your affiliation or role in this thread. That is not what this topic is for. Think before posting. Read the rules.

:wink::thumbup: I love you all. :wub_drool: