Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Mafia School: Cirque du Freak C&D

Edit by Hinckley:

Lesson 1: What is the discussion thread for?

1. To let the host and other players know about unexpected travel. A separate PM should be sent to the host.
  2. For other members, non-players, to comment on the presentation of the game.
  3. Reading. So f--king read it. That's what it's there for. It contains info to help you so read every word of it. Have questions about what you've read? PM the host! Don't post your questions here.

What is the discussion thread not for:

Anything else!!!

Do not:

• Ask questions about your role.
  • Ask questions about your night action.
  • Ask about game mechanics.
  • Ask anything if you are a player.
  • Play the game in this thread.

We don't ask questions about the game in this thread, or play the game because:

1. 1. It may give away your role or affiliation.
  2. It is meta-gaming. Why is it metagaming? Because if you don't understand your role or Night Action, you could be asking a question about it in public to confuse other players, make them believe you have a Night Action or make them believe you are a certain affiliation.
  3. It is against the rules. The rules state players should ask questions about the game to the host via PM. Do not use this thread for asking questions about the game.

End edit

banner_middel.jpg

This topic is for confirming your participation to the game and discussing the game: Cirque du Freak. Eighteen enthusiastic and promising students have been elected to participate in this game, but before that you need to confirm that you are still eager to play. The first day phase of the game will begin as soon as possible after all 18 have confirmed their participation.

Here are the list of rules to this game, please read them through carefully before you post anything:

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Each player gets one unvote a day.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may NOT edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.
  11. There are no clues hidden in the photo’s, characters names, appearances or profession. So don’t vote for Eval Kneval the ugly Hermit who lives on the top of mount Doom unless you have evidence to back it up.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

All players will shortly receive a private message that details their characters and roles. The first thing to remember is that if you get a character with a night action, do not reveal it. As the rules stated, you should not "play the game" (ie. theorize, accuse, reveal anything etc.) publicly outside the day threads - not even in this thread here. If you have questions about your character or role, please send me a private message. Use the pm I send you containing your character information.

Here is the list of players and their respective characters:

NPC

cimg0184.jpg_thumb.jpg Madam Mitsie – Cirque du Freak owner

escape_artist.jpg_thumb.jpg Houdini jr – Escape artist

Players

acrobats.jpg_thumb.jpg Benzini Brothers – Acrobats – Played by UsernameMDM

animal_trainer.jpg_thumb.jpg Patricia – Animal trainer – Played by Volcanicpanik

bearded_woman.jpg_thumb.jpg Mattilda – Bearded lady – Played by Darkdragon

clown_1.jpg_thumb.jpg Jimbob – Clown – Played by Jedi Master Brick

clown_2.jpg_thumb.jpg Zezili – Clown – Played by Cecilie

elastigirl.jpg_thumb.jpg Elasti Elisabeth – Flexible woman & lovely assistant – Played by Etzel

fire_breather.jpg_thumb.jpg Joshua Igneo – Fire breather – Played by Bricks and parts – In a relationship with Gingeroo

fortuneteller.jpg_thumb.jpg Tora – Fortune teller – Played by Eiker86

horse_breaker.jpg_thumb.jpg Wilhelmina – Horse breaker – Played by Wuntin

lovely_assistant.jpg_thumb.jpg Stephanie - Lovely assistant – Played by Swils

magician.jpg_thumb.jpg The amazing Barnabo - Magician – Played by K-nut

mermaid.jpg_thumb.jpg Gabrielle - Mermaid - Played by Grigs

mime.jpg_thumb.jpg Mr Mime - Mime – Played by Shadows

ring_master.jpg_thumb.jpg Rinus - Ringmaster - Played by JediAnakin

snake_charmer.jpg_thumb.jpg Aliandro Fajji - Snake Charmer – Played by Fred Fred Burger

strong_man.jpg_thumb.jpg Gingeroono - Strongman - Played by GingerWookie – In a relationship with Joshua Igneo

tall_man.jpg_thumb.jpg Norbert – Tallest man – Played by Nightshroud99

tight_rope_dancer.jpg_thumb.jpg Dorothea – Tight rope dancer – Played by Darthnihilius

Lesson 1: Confirmation

In order to complete your confirmation you have to do three things:

- Make a post in this topic stating that you're participating

- Use the image in your character pm as your avatar or in your signature

- Put your character name and act in your signature.

More information about the roles and the game can be found here:

- http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54287

- http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Keep in mind that this is a Mafia School Game, so only the most basic roles are included.

Zezili the clown, here to entertain! Who wants a closer look at this beautiful flower? Now now, don't worry, it won't squirt water or anything :grin:

Elasti Elisabeth makes an agile entrance to the ring.

"I'm ready for the show!"

elastigirl.jpg_thumb.jpg

First post has been edited. I added a link to MafiaWiki and to The Unofficial Mafia Handbook written by our own Alopex. :sweet:

*sitting in my tent looking into my crystal ball sensing the start is soon here* I'm Tora and i'm the fortune teller here in the Cirque du Freak

Wow, this looks great, badboy! I'll definitely be following this!

Good luck, everybody! :thumbup:

Lesson 2:

Always vote Shadows out of a game he doesn't belong in first. Especially when he's a mime. Just because.

Congratulations, you have now learned how to metagame. :sweet:

The amazing Barnabo here! Wait I have to do an act? In public? What if it goes wrong? What if I'm laughed at? What if I'm not ready? :sing: Someone save me!

I tried putting the pic as my Av but it wouldn't work. Any idea O how to make it work?

Wow, this looks great, badboy! I'll definitely be following this!

Good luck, everybody! :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words, but let's not cheer to soon. It's my first game as a host... :tongue:

Thanks for the kind words, but let's not cheer to soon. It's my first game as a host... :tongue:

I'm even more worried now! :cry_sad:

The amazing Barnabo here! Wait I have to do an act? In public? What if it goes wrong? What if I'm laughed at? What if I'm not ready? :sing: Someone save me!

Don't worry, Barnabo. We'll just do as on the rehearsal when you were great! I'm sure you're going to make it. I should know, being your assistant and all. :classic:

I tried putting the pic as my Av but it wouldn't work. Any idea O how to make it work?

I had the same problem so I downloaded the pic and uploaded it myself as an avatar.

Lesson 2:

Always vote Shadows out of a game he doesn't belong in first. Especially when he's a mime. Just because.

You my dear sir, are a bad influence on my pupils!

You my dear sir, are a bad influence on my pupils!

Yeah, you've never metagamed. :sarcasm:

let's not cheer to soon.

Should we cheer to later instead? :tongue:

Oh, you must've meant too soon. Is this how you needed me to help out? By making fun of your grammar? :tongue: I'm just kidding. Your English is fantastic. Better than most American kiddies on here. :tongue: Ha ha jerks. That's right. I said it. What? :drool:

I'm even more worried now! :cry_sad:

Oh you should be!

I had the same problem so I downloaded the pic and uploaded it myself as an avatar.

It works perfectly for me... Downloading it and then uploading it yourself is indeed the most easy solution :blush: for me :tongue:

Yeah, you've never metagamed. :sarcasm:

Mehbeh!

Lesson 2:

:rofl:

So how many times a day are we going to kill shadows :devil:

Who said anything about killing Shadows?

Should we cheer to later instead? :tongue:

Oh, you must've meant too soon. Is this how you needed me to help out? By making fun of your grammar? :tongue:

Yep, that's what I need you around for. :laugh: