Sign in to follow this  
Sid Sidious

[MOC] Rubber Band Holder Robot

I know that lots of people have bunches of those useless pieces LEGO uses to hold rubber bands. But are they so useless?

lego_mocs_042.jpg

lego_mocs_043.jpg

lego_mocs_044.jpg

lego_mocs_045.jpg

I got my inspiration for this robot while reading LEGO: A Love Story by Jonathan Bender. In the book, he talks about how things are priced on Bricklink. He says that rubber band holders are worthless, but will rise in cost if someone finds a way to use them. I accepted his challenge, and built this robot with a rubber band holder as the head. Right now, rubber band holders range from USD0.00 to USD1.36 on Bricklink. I think that this is one of my favorite MOCs that I have built. I hope you enjoy this, and get inspired to make your own MOCs with this part. Your constructive criticism is always welcome.

:tongue: Cute MOC!

This is interesting timing as I just ordered 120 mixed Rubber Band Holders; I like using them as engines;

DSC01258es.JPG

Maybe we should run a contest for the most imaginative use of them... yours is the best I've seen for a while. :sweet:

40607.gif

I've never seen that one... *oh2*

Ha! :tongue: I like your robot. Perhaps somebody could make a family of robots using the two other types of Lego Rubber Band Holders:

41753.gif40607.gif

I was thinking of making a robot out of the larger one, but I never got around to it, and didn't have nearly as many as the smaller one.

:tongue: Cute MOC!

This is interesting timing as I just ordered 120 mixed Rubber Band Holders; I like using them as engines;

DSC01258es.JPG

Maybe we should run a contest for the most imaginative use of them... yours is the best I've seen for a while. :sweet:

I've never seen that one... *oh2*

I'm glad you like this :) I like your use of these pieces as engines. I guess maybe they aren't as useless as one might think. I think a contest would be a cool idea. I'm sure nearly everybody on Eurobricks has some of these, and a lot of people would make something cool. I have also never seen that kind of rubber band holder. I wonder what it's from?

Edited by Sid Sidious