Matn

MOC: Rural Train Station

indexed.gif B-T-2E

This is my entry for the 7777 Redux contest. It's a countryside railway station, with similar colours and play and light-up features as the train station in 7777. I chose to build in a more advanced style than regular sets, although it's still pretty basic. It's not as big as the modular houses, but it's playable and it looks nice in a little scene. Light bricks, a little shed and a forklift, lots of figures and accessories, how much more fun can a train station be? :tongue:

6226645258_b66e94f208_z.jpg

6226324136_18311f7d38_z.jpg

6226323870_3cd0a84be0_z.jpg

6225803829_f374b98888_z.jpg

More (detailed) images at:

MOCpages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/290738

Flickr: Rural Train Station

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=485744

Instructions will follow soon. I'll try out LDD in my spare time, if it doesn't work out I'll break the station down and take pictures of every step. Comments and tips are as always welcome!

Edited by Phred

Wow, very good train station MOC; it looks wonderful with the beautiful countryside in the background (I love the trees)! I like the simple colours, which go together very well :thumbup:

I think some black pieces should be incorporated into the platform; there's a bit too much of light grey there.

I was also thinking - on the red blocks beside the sloping blue roofs, perhaps you should place a red 1x1 flat, and a red 1x1 cheese slope? Then at the top place the same bricks back to back.

Overall great job :classic:

Edited by HighFlyer

This would probably be much more at home in the Train Tech forum; that said, it's a lovely train station. And although you went with dark blue (very understandable), the colours are still instantly recognisable for something coming from the era of the 7777 idea book. The modularity and lighting are nice features as well, and those flowerpots really add to the whole. Well done!

I agree this Train Station really should be in Train Tech and would be a great entry in the 7777 Redux Contest on Flickr...

You really managed to keep the 'classic town' feel, even though you updated it with new element and colours here and there. I really liked those classic idea books and this would fit right in. :sweet:

This is a very nice redux of 7777. I really like how it feels like an official TLG set from the 80's, but yet it's not by TLG.

A very nice classic-town MOC. Bravo!

Locutis

I really like this MOC, it looks like a real set and is full of good ideas such like the detailed interiors and the maintenance room :thumbup:

Colours and style of classic town 'Matn'.....beautiful creation and the light-bricks just add that extra pop ! :grin:

Brick On 'Matn' ! :classic:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback! It looks like I've succeeded in giving off the feeling of the 7777 idea book. :laugh:

I was also thinking - on the red blocks beside the sloping blue roofs, perhaps you should place a red 1x1 flat, and a red 1x1 cheese slope? Then at the top place the same bricks back to back.

It's a possibility indeed, but I was going for this specific look, it's called a crow-stepped gable.

EDIT: If a mod also thinks this fits better in the Train Tech forum, please feel free to move it over there. :blush:

Edited by Matn

Nice build! :thumbup:

This would have been a dream come true for me in the 80's!!! :drool:

Good luck in the contest!

I'm really loving this MOC. It has the perfect mix between the modern dark blue roof and modularity and the classic open backed buildings and vintage pieces used. The asymmetry and attention to details makes it look like it could actually have been released by Lego, heck, if you uploaded this to CUSOO I'd certainly vote for it.

What a pleasure to see the pictures of this MOC!

You've done a very great job!

Like the other, I really like the classic feeling of this train station, but updated with more actual bricks and colors (2x3 windows, dark blue roof, tan and dark tan elements, selection of classic mixed with modern minifigs parts...).

The design is quite simple but really effective with some nice details here and there, like the grey downspouts for raining water, the flower pots, the great street lamps...

No back, nice furniture, great playability.

The addition of the light bricks add a nice touch, giving a more alive feeling in the dark.

And last but not least, the modular aspect : The concept of having 3 modules that you can put like you want and change the look of the station is a really great idea and very well executed here. Seeing your work on this aspect, I don't see why TLC doesn't apply more often this concept of modularity in their production (which can be apply in City and Castle line, adding a more “collect all the sets of the line”).

Now, the only thing we have to do is to wait our trains in this lovely Station!

I love this, I love the classic feel of this mixed with some nice design features and new playability.

I especially love the modular nature of this build, it is really clever. The lighting is also a great touch. Great work.

What a fantastic creation! It perfectly goes with all that the redux competition is about, its simple, and fits with both the classic style of the 12v series all the way up to the current stuff (with a bit more tiling). The play features really make it pop. If this was a set, I'd be in line to buy more than just one. Great stuff.