Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

MOC: Grievous' Lair

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey everyone. I've been very busy lately, so I haven't had much time at all for Eurobricks. :cry_sad: Now that I have some spare time, I'm going to share some more MOCs with you all. :classic:

This has been built for... ohh... two years now? I kept taking parts off to use elsewhere, but I finally decided to get it finished and out of the way! And here it is, Grievous' Lair, in the playset style of Cloud City and this year's Echo Base.

I tried to incorporate as many things as I could from the CW episode where this location debuted. Unfortunately, I couldn't make Gor, General Grievous' pet, as I didn't have the parts. Anyway, on we go...

1.jpg01.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Fil and a trooper fight one of the Magnaguards...

07.jpg

Vebb battles next to a statue of Grievous...

08.jpg

The landing area door can open...

09.jpg

Who dares enter the Lair?

10.jpg

Watch out for the Molten Pit!!!

11.jpg

13.jpg

Operated by removing the support...

22.jpg

23.jpg

Fisto engages Grievous...

12.jpg

His Doctor watches, shouting encouragement! (custom made head decal)

14.jpg

Grievous' repair room/control room...

15.jpg

16.jpg

The armory...

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Can he escape in time?

20.jpg

Operating station for the hologram...

21.jpg

Is it a trick?

24.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome! :classic:

Beautiful! I especially like the Starfighter. I have to make my own for Kit some day. Great work! :thumbup:

Wow, I really love this! It reminded me of CC when I saw it, funny to see you had the same idea :tongue:

All the little sections are very well made, especialy the door, the pit and the control room.

I also like the statue idea, but that might've been better in a seperate room with a door, between the entrance and the hallway.

Overall you did an amazing job!

Very nice work here Jammiedodger :thumbup: :thumbup:, I love the use of the old GG and the white lightsabre blades as a statue :wub:. All the little rooms are great also, this would make a great set, but you may need to cut out GG and his droid so people will buy the GG starfighter set to add it to this one :wink:.

This is one of my favourite episodes from CW, and you effectively captured many moments of it :thumbup:

Hope you won't give up the idea to make Grievous' pet, once you'll have the right parts :wink:

:oh:

That's one of my favorite SW:TCW episodes and all the scenes look just right.

With some minor adjustments, this would be a great set!

Excellent job Jammiedodger! :thumbup:

I :wub: it 'Jammiedodger', a fantastic idea....I wonder what other CW scenes could be done Cloud City style.....would make a great contest eh ? :grin:

At least Nardar wasn't dead.....yet....never trust a four arm guy to fight clean. :devil:

May the Eurobrick be with you 'Jammiedodger' ! :classic:

This is an awesome looking set! I love that you gave it a "real playset" look to it, incorporating all the sections/scenes from the episode. My only suggestion would be to build a custom JSF rather than using an official one. :thumbup:

Well, it's about time you posted this! :laugh: I looks like you improved it since I last saw it, and it looks much cleaner now with all the tiling and stuff. :thumbup: All the play features are nice and overall it looks indeed like a Cloud City style playset. Nice work.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

My only suggestion would be to build a custom JSF rather than using an official one. :thumbup:

It is a custom one. :wink: It's just based on the design of the official JSFs.

I shall attempt to recreate Grievous' Lair myself one day... some day...

This is awesome Jammie! :thumbup: This is a great idea and I think LEGO should consider more sets like this. And I'm like you, I tend to have my MOCs sit around before I post them! :laugh:

Thanks so much everyone. :sweet: My first blog too!!!

Yes, that is a custom JSF. I modified Ahsoka's as it was the one most like Fisto's. :wink:

Thanks again!

I only do OT with the occasional PT, but I think I'd make an exception if LEGO were to release a set just like this. I especially like the statue. Simply brilliant use for the outdated figure.

This is a wonderul MOC, I would loe to see this as a set.

If you were to just have the main base of the lair it would make for a great kamino or cloud city MOC.