Sign in to follow this  
andybear@hk

MOC : Daimler SF Fleetline of CMB, Hong Kong

indexed.gif V-LB-04B

This time I bring an old style double decker bus to share with yours. And this Daimler SF Fleetline is my favourite double decker bus style.

A 80s Hong Kong double decker bus of CMB China Motor Bus. CMB.

CMB had ended their business in 1997. So this is our memoris now. Daimler SF Fleetlines, 

This is my first double decker bus creation, try to make it in 8 studs in order to play in LEGO road basepaste and other LEGO vehicles.

Thanks for your watching and comment

01a.jpg

Reach the bus stop,  Route 15, from Central to the Peak, many visitor will go to the peak by tram or this bus to the peak.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

I love the back of Daimler SF Fleetline,because the back shapes classic

06.jpg

Simple design inside the bus

07.jpg

08.jpg

The Redoneis coin box

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

The back ground is Old Wanchai police station by another LEGO fans, timthoychau

14.jpg

The model of Daimler SF Fleetline of CMB

15.jpg

16.jpg

01b.jpg

Again you have come up with the goods 'andybear' and this is one fantastic double decker bus ! :grin:

Colours :thumbup: and realistic 8 wide design :thumbup: as well !

Brick On 'andybear@hk' !

Nice one, Andy.

We used to have double deckers in Sydney that were quite similar. It was always great when you could get a seat up the front of the top deck.

:classic: :classic:

Again you have come up with the goods 'andybear' and this is one fantastic double decker bus ! :grin:

Colours :thumbup: and realistic 8 wide design :thumbup: as well !

Brick On 'andybear@hk' !

Mr lighting tiger, , many thanks for your kind comment again! :)

Nice one, Andy.

We used to have double deckers in Sydney that were quite similar. It was always great when you could get a seat up the front of the top deck.

Mr AussieJimbo, really thanks for your kind comment,

When Iwas a kid, I also like to seat the front seat of upstair and open the window!

, but now, this type of classic bus is disappear in HK... :(

Very nice! I love everything about it - colors, shape, dimensions. :thumbup: I like the cherry trees, too :classic:

I prefer six-wide vehicles myself, but with eight-wide you do get a lot more detail in. After seeing the first pictures, I really liked your double-decker, especially how you made it a modular design. But after having seen the last pictures, of the scale model, I am even more impressed. You've captured the shape exellently. Well done!

I think we see one of these buses in the movie Police Story, with Jackie Chan swinging from the outside by an umbrella.

but now, this type of classic bus is disappear in HK... :(

Sadly the Sydney ones are gone now too.

Edited by AussieJimbo

Very nice! I love everything about it - colors, shape, dimensions. :thumbup: I like the cherry trees, too :classic:

Mr EROL, thanks for your kind comment, :)

This type of cherry tree have used many time for my creation. Haha

It is a great background. :)

Very nice and accurate!

I adore the rear of the bus!! :sweet:

Mr RedGiant,

Thanks for your kind comments. :)

I prefer six-wide vehicles myself, but with eight-wide you do get a lot more detail in. After seeing the first pictures, I really liked your double-decker, especially how you made it a modular design. But after having seen the last pictures, of the scale model, I am even more impressed. You've captured the shape exellently. Well done!

Mr L@go, thanks for your kind comments. I love your car too! For my creation, I perfer six width for the vehicles such as van or lorry. Four width for the small car. Eight width only for the train. I had try to build a double decker bus in six width before, but the outlook is do ugly, the bus is too high and look too thin. So I find that it is better to build double decker bus in eight width. :)And this is my first time to build a vehicles (expect the train)in eight width. :)

No double deckers here, EVER. :cry_sad: Anyways, always good to see them in Lego form. :classic:

Great and very detailed creation. Thanks for sharing!

Mrj ohnnyvgiide, thanks for your kind comments.

Excellent MOC of a beautiful vehicle, with great colour schemes. :thumbup:

Mr HighFlyer, really thanks for your kind comment :)

The colour theme is base on China Motor Bus Ltd.

And I really like this BLUE + TAN colour theme very much :)

Hi Andy. This is Matt. I met you at Bricks Adventure this year. I wanted to let you know that I really love your bus, and it looks identical to the real thing. Do you plan on making more buses? How about this one? :wink:

AVBW44-Rabbit-2-small.jpg

I actually want to make a Hong Kong double decker tram (trolley/streetcar), but it is so hard to find the parts I want in dark green. I'm guessing at some point, you will try to make one of those.

Keep on building!

Matt

Edited by Brickadier General

Hi Andy. This is Matt. I met you at Bricks Adventure this year. I wanted to let you know that I really love your bus, and it looks identical to the real thing. Do you plan on making more buses? How about this one? :wink:

AVBW44-Rabbit-2-small.jpg

I actually want to make a Hong Kong double decker tram (trolley/streetcar), but it is so hard to find the parts I want in dark green. I'm guessing at some point, you will try to make one of those.

Keep on building!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your kind comments.

We are planning to have an Old Hong Kong area in Brick Adventure next year.

There are many different type of double decker bus in Hong Kong thirty years ago.

And I love these classic bus very much!

This is the first double decker bus I build. And I will build more later.

Your photo and the bus you had seen in Hong Kong this year is modern style bus.

There is a expert builder call "legokinsfolk" You can search his name in brickshelf and you can see his bus model.

For the double decker tram, William will brick it! Haha.."

Andy :)