I had this Idea along time ago, and I don't think anyone has actually tried this. as of now, it is very laggy (for me at least) ,but it works!

Gears:

rsz_gear_revolation.png

LXF file: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricksandparts/unknown/gear_revolation_2.lxf

Trebuchet:

trebuchet.png

LXF file: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricksandparts/unknown/trebuchet_concept.lxf

Cross-bow:

rsz_bow.png

LXF file: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricksandparts/LDP/crossbow.lxf

Comments, requests, and criticism welcome.

More coming soon... :sweet:

Edited by Bricksandparts

Even thought I coulnd't get the last one to fire correctly (the two pieces you highlighted woulnd't align), this was just so funny :laugh:

Looking forward to more :sweet:

Awww, it doesn't shoot. :laugh: Still very cool.

By the way, I got the trebuchet to fire properly today. Not sure what went wrong last time. It's awesome.

Very fun!

I hope that means that the step to implement animations in LDD would be not so difficult!

@Bricksandparts

A little note: the forum rules assert that images can't be bigger than 800x600 pixel.

Could you resize that? :wink:

@Bricksandparts

A little note: the forum rules assert that images can't be bigger than 800x600 pixel.

Could you resize that? :wink:

sorry, I use a picture re-sizer to re-size images normally, but it says it is not allowed in this forum. I Guess I'll have to resize it myself right?

Edited by Bricksandparts

Awww, it doesn't shoot. :laugh: Still very cool.

By the way, I got the trebuchet to fire properly today. Not sure what went wrong last time. It's awesome.

Drum roll...............................................

I'm working on a firing cross bow! It's almost done. :blush:

and about the trebuchet, sometimes it works and does not work for me too.

Drum roll...............................................

I'm working on a firing cross bow! It's almost done. :blush:

I'm interested in seeing your solution.

The only way I could get something to shoot was if it was connected to the target by a flex piece. But I couldn't trigger two separate sets of moving parts at the same time, so the best I could come up with was a cannon that shot balls connected to the target by multiple transparent ropes.

I'm interested in seeing your solution.

The only way I could get something to shoot was if it was connected to the target by a flex piece. But I couldn't trigger two separate sets of moving parts at the same time, so the best I could come up with was a cannon that shot balls connected to the target by multiple transparent ropes.

do you want to post a picture? It's Ok with me. also, to get it to connect, you just need to make it have a few base plates.

Well done! If this can be done now I'm guessing TLG has been playing around with the idea... Here's hoping to see it more polished in LDD 5