Sign in to follow this  
Rolltron

BRICKTOBER 2011

Awwww man, why don't we have this in the UK?!!? :sceptic:

You have your legos in the paper, we need to have something :)Got the first 2 weeks. This week TRU has 30% off cars and technic

I experimented on my ninja princess this morning, and it wasn't pretty. I tried the hot water technique, but I presume it just wasn't hot enough, because it never really gave way. In the end I finally resorted to cutting through the studs on the magnet with an X-Acto knife. My princess has two blue circles on the back of her legs now, and some of the plastic was roughed up a bit during the prying.

I didn't even try to get the torso separated.

Long story short, I think the best resort is to just do what you have to do to get the fig off, then pop each of the legs off to have an undamaged torso/hips assembly. Then go into your collection and find a set of legs you're willing to part with-- and there you go, instant fig. At least, that's how I plan on moving forward with the forestmen this week.

You have your legos in the paper, we need to have something :)Got the first 2 weeks. This week TRU has 30% off cars and technic

You're right actually - we get a better deal, a free polybag for buying a 30p paper :classic: still love these magnets though!! :sweet:

When I went to TRU at about 7PM on Sunday of week one, they were out of ninjas, but the lady marked my receipt and said to come back in week two to get a forestman. My mom went today (without the set I bought) and got the forestman. She said they pretended that she returned the set (without her actually returning it), and then let her "buy" it back again and gave her the magnet. I thought they said no rain checks, but this works for me. :)

Long story short, I think the best resort is to just do what you have to do to get the fig off, then pop each of the legs off to have an undamaged torso/hips assembly. Then go into your collection and find a set of legs you're willing to part with-- and there you go, instant fig. At least, that's how I plan on moving forward with the forestmen this week.

That's exactly what I've been doing with LEGO magnets that I get that are glued... I still get the rare/unusual figures I want, and it's not like anyone can really tell that the legs are glued to the torso.