Sign in to follow this  
treeboy

Ralph_S' Kettenkraftrad

Alright, with kind permission from Ralph_S I have reproduced, as much as I was able, Eurobricks own Ralph_S' Kettenkraftrad in LDD.

kettenkraftrad.jpg

Kettenkraftrad.lxf

I thought this model was so cool I had to try it. There is a difference with the handlebars, front suspension and wheel. I had a different handlebar assembly that was very similar to Ralph_S' but I couldn't get a light on it so I went with what you see. Also the wheel that he uses seems to be the 3464 Hub and 87414 tyre which I couldn't get to align with the forks. None the less, I thought the wheel looked pretty good. You'll also notice that I wasn't able to make the track connect completely due to an apparent conflict though in real life it apparently works.

6152980789_7e70c7f3d2_z.jpg

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. You can see some more of Ralph_S' work on flicker including the semi-deconstructed view which was so much help.

6154548527_8437ab429b.jpg

Please feel free to comment and give constructive criticism especially with respect to the front end.

Alright, with kind permission from Ralph_S I have reproduced, as much as I was able, Eurobricks own Ralph_S' Kettenkraftrad in LDD.

I thought this model was so cool I had to try it. There is a difference with the handlebars, front suspension and wheel. I had a different handlebar assembly that was very similar to Ralph_S' but I couldn't get a light on it so I went with what you see. Also the wheel that he uses seems to be the 3464 Hub and 87414 tyre which I couldn't get to align with the forks. None the less, I thought the wheel looked pretty good. You'll also notice that I wasn't able to make the track connect completely due to an apparent conflict though in real life it apparently works.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. You can see some more of Ralph_S' work on flicker including the semi-deconstructed view which was so much help.

Please feel free to comment and give constructive criticism especially with respect to the front end.

Let me be the first to compliment you on your legal solution for the handlebars. The minifig hands are definitely not a legal connection and because of them, the 1x1 plate that serves as the headlight (they often had a cover over them, btw, which is why I chose to make mine the same colour as the rest of the vehicle) is only just held on. You came up with a very nice compromise.

Cheers,

Ralph

wow this is a excellent recreation although when you open the ldd file the chains get removed

I think that is because you have the update installed which do not have the chains as I recall. They were one of the items removed. I haven't installed the update just because of those chains.

Thanks for the comments!

Interesting model. But chains get removed, too. Is there a way to backup all parts update so we can use all parts without have to backup whole program every update and patch? I mean just parts libray files so we can roll back when need some special part.(save HDD space)

I modify it a bit here and here.

Edited by bbqqq

Thanks for the comments and nice bbqqq. I used those forks too but didn't like the wheel alignment. I checked the treads in LDD version 4.1.0, I think and fully expected them to not be legal but alas they showed up after closing the program and restarting even after a system restart. I think to run a concurrent versions one could sandbox one version perhaps install different versions on different user accounts. I'm gonna try some different approaches I'll post something if i come across anything. Thanks again.

Thanks for the comments and nice bbqqq. I used those forks too but didn't like the wheel alignment. I checked the treads in LDD version 4.1.0, I think and fully expected them to not be legal but alas they showed up after closing the program and restarting even after a system restart. I think to run a concurrent versions one could sandbox one version perhaps install different versions on different user accounts. I'm gonna try some different approaches I'll post something if i come across anything. Thanks again.

You are welcome. I connect the tracks pic and lxf.

Edited by bbqqq

Nicely done! Did you reinstall 4.1.7 or do something else?

Thanks, I found LDD 4.1 in another PC so I ignore the update and adjust the tracks.