lightningtiger

MOC - Menswear Store

indexed.gif B-OV-12B

Now I have only being posting redesigns, etc., I decided to tear out the Lowes menswear store and build it as a stand alone shop to go in the place of the Ford dealership which will get it's third redesign next week. :wink:

0000_1_lowes_menswear_store_98.jpg

0000_1_lowes_menswear_store_99.jpg

I haven't decided if I should sticker the blue section along the front roof section or the white panels above it ? :wink:

Comments etc., welcome as always ! :classic:

Great hangers you have done there!

As for the blue section or white panel "stickering", i think maybe shorter the depth of the blue section or change to an awning and "sticker" the white panel. if not, just lower the white panel and "sticker" the blue.

btw how do you close the store? can't seem to see any door/roller shutter.

and finally (to semi-quote u): brick on, LT! :laugh:

Edited by streifen

Great hangers you have done there!

As for the blue section or white panel "stickering", i think maybe shorter the depth of the blue section or change to an awning and "sticker" the white panel. if not, just lower the white panel and "sticker" the blue.

btw how do you close the store? can't seem to see any door/roller shutter.

and finally (to semi-quote u): brick on, LT! :laugh:

Thanks for the reply 'streifen', actually I'll be using a trans-blue 6 wide wall element as the door when it's closing time ! :wink:

To make things a little clear of sorts.....

220px-Lowes_Menswear_store_in_Wagga_Wagga.jpg

The Lowes store in Wagga Wagga.

But mine design is similar to the store in Albury N.S.W., though it does have some elements from the Chatswood store as well.

Sorry, I'm unable to find images of these two stores, though you can find them via Goggle Maps.

Brick On everyone ! :wink:

Finally mastered capturing images from Goggle Maps ! :grin:

Put the two of these together and bingo ! :wink:

lowes_101.png

lowes_102.png

I'll be working on stickering this and the IGA supermarket plus the Mitre 10/Retravision store too - just a few old signs to be attached. :grin:

Keep watching ! :wink:

Where's the cashdesk going to be?

Cheers

Rog

Ha, at the back.....aw, well I guess I now need to make one and see how I can fit it in....oh, brain-storm just hit me ! :laugh:

Updating in less than four hours....not at home right now to work on it ! :blush:

Thanks for the feedback anyway, 'Rog' ! :classic:

'rriggs' suggested a counter and I made the changes for a counter plus more stock ! :wink:

0000_1_lowes_menswear_store_94.jpg0000_1_lowes_menswear_store_95.jpg0000_1_lowes_menswear_store_96.jpg0000_1_lowes_menswear_store_97.jpg

Still more to come ! :wink:

Oh, a quick edit as I couldn't resist another Vader visits.....

vader_visits_lowes_99.jpg

No, Republic credits here....a gold Sith Credit Card, but the sales people have run off from the weird guy in black.....he just wants to buy a towel ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

I should explain about the additions inside the store, yes...they are the towels and shelving from my Target store...why ?

Lowes doesn't just sell menswear (including shoes and underwear), but some sell woman's and children's wear plus sounds a little odd, but towels and just towels....no sheets or pillows ? :blush:

The extra signage will be going on today.....once I have resized and cropped the images. :blush:

Keep watching ! :wink:

Good job and looking good. Just need some totty behind the counter now...

Cheers

Rog

Thanks 'Rog', yeah....another custom figure....male or female or one of each ? :wink:

You can also use the 'edit' button a bit more. :thumbup:

The store looks great to me, I think it's a challenge to put so many things inside a cramped space.

Are you planning to add a staff coffee corner too?

Thanks for the feedback 'Captain Blackmoor', yes trying to cram as much in a MOC as possible without stuffing it up is tricky. :wink:

Thanks 'Rog', yeah....another custom figure....male or female or one of each ? :wink:

Just female is fine...

Cheers

Rog

Just female is fine...

Cheers

Rog

It shall be done, not sure today or Tuesday (long weekend....stuck with wife....oh, crap ! :blush::laugh: )

I like the fact that this is a real store and you used the stickers and logo for the MOC :thumbup: . Do you happen to sell any pirate or soldier clothing :laugh: ?

I like the fact that this is a real store and you used the stickers and logo for the MOC :thumbup: . Do you happen to sell any pirate or soldier clothing :laugh: ?

Thanks 'Hiawatha' for your comments, and no, no costume sales......Bras & Things sell costumes for the ladies.....my wife was interested in a police woman's costume once ! :devil::laugh: (Yeah, right....I did say my wife :blush: )

I finally found that spare 1x5x6 trans-blue panel to install as the front door to this MOC.

0000_1_lowes_menswear_store_92.jpg

A :thumbup: or :thumbdown: ? :wink:

Keep watching everyone ! :classic:

Excellent store, this looks very similar to a typical Menswear store here in England.

I adore the curved trans-blue pieces at the front - adds brilliant detailing! :thumbup:

Thanks 'HighFlyer' for your comments, I still haven't stickered my cafe/bakery yet....lazy me eh ?

Oh, I have started work on the chemist to sit next to this combo.

Keep watching the forum for updates on all my designs ! :wink:

G'day everyone, how many of us has this happen to them.....

Lowes Australia wrote: "Shaun, Lowes Loves your Lego creations and want to offer you a $50 gift voucher. please keep them coming.

That was sent to me via Facebook, I had uploaded a few shots of the menswear store bearing their name.

I'm wanting for them to contact me so I receive my gift. :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

Thanks 'HighFlyer' and 'Robbie', I'm now waiting for an email from Lowes...good I'll need another pair of jeans or perhaps a nice jacket or pair of shoes....oh, I'll have lots to choose from. :sweet:

I just remembered I must come up with a custom/or tossed together female minifig....if it was male I would have to make a Mr. Humphries (I'm free !)....oh, that's all my town needs - camp follower ! :iamded_lol:

Keep watching for my update with staff inside. :drunk: