Would there be some mega construction under that bed? For it to hold 5k of unimog it would need to be quite strong. Have you thought about this when it's in the air?

Once again, it's coming on nicely, albeit, slowly, but that is how the best MOCs come along.

Robert.

What would be the real diffence between that picture above, and the 8109? Is it that the 8109 just tips, and the the realt truck tips and slides. Can't tell as I don't have the 8109. If it would be possible for you to make tip and slide, then do that. More realistic the better, and of course, it would change the angle of loading making it easier.

Robert.

the 8109 version should be more stable. The method on the picture gives more posibilitys to adjust the flatbed, but it is more complex to build. the best will be that i try both possibilitys to find the best version.

currently not. models which can only drive and steer are currently to boring for me. maybe later as the base for a 9395 XL.

the hauler experiment is interesting because it is in fact to small to get allwheel drive and make it full RC.

Paul Boratko, which size should have the picture?

something like this?

6760781495_efd3007390.jpg

That picture worked... I got you added... :thumbup: Timr, I got you too...

I am still learning this HTML stuff, it takes me awhile sometimes... :classic:

That picture worked... I got you added... :thumbup: Timr, I got you too...

I am still learning this HTML stuff, it takes me awhile sometimes... :classic:

Wow i am trully honored to be listed on such a highly esteemed website of a highly esteemed builder :classic::cry_happy: . Thank you!!

tim

currently the flatbed is roundabout five panels plus 6 studs wide and 7 panels and 2 studs long. more doesnt fit in my photobox :laugh: 1 or 2 rows of panels it should be longer to fit to my goal

6771604567_4135146f03.jpg

knew someone the price for black 5x11 panels @ lego direct? i think in black the flatbed would look better

That Unimog is just beautiful :wub: . Anyways, you would need a lot of construction to prevent that bed from bending.

What would be the real diffence between that picture above, and the 8109? Is it that the 8109 just tips, and the the realt truck tips and slides. Can't tell as I don't have the 8109. If it would be possible for you to make tip and slide, then do that. More realistic the better, and of course, it would change the angle of loading making it easier.

Robert.

8109 does slide and tip.

This video is awesome ...great work! :thumbup: I'm impressed *oh2*

The vid with the finished tow truck you have seen?

currently the flatbed is roundabout five panels plus 6 studs wide and 7 panels and 2 studs long. more doesnt fit in my photobox :laugh: 1 or 2 rows of panels it should be longer to fit to my goal

6771604567_4135146f03.jpg

knew someone the price for black 5x11 panels @ lego direct? i think in black the flatbed would look better

Latst time I ordered them they were €1,79 per piece.

BTW: An orange flatbed is kind of nice too!

edit: short proof of concept

when the load on the cylinder is rising, it will compressed and pushs the valve to open. the compressor sends air through the valve in the cylinder and extends it, till the valve is in neutral position.

when the load on the cylinder begins to decrease, the cylinder extends and opens the valve to the atmosphere. the cylinder will be compressed to the neutral position of the valve. is there enough pressure in the cylinder it will stay in this position. when not the cylinder will be more compressed, the valve will open and the cylinder will extend to the neutral position.

i made another load sensing valve, but i changed the rod that moves the valve, with a mini LA so uoy can adjust the heigt manually.

i will post some pics when brickshelf is up and running again.

the borders in orange should be possible and looking good, but the surface of the flatbed should be black or grey. and there is a other reason for say no to orange: i think not that i can get all the parts for the cab in orange and a pizza colored truck in model team style is not an option.

yesterday i searched by the local dealers for the logging truck and made an impusive buy of the 9394 jet. its a nice little model, but i think there are some things to do.

6821467445_185281f856.jpg

6821467013_6d3ec3ac4f.jpg

6821466807_04723a20e6.jpg

i will see if i can make ailerons in the wings.

So did you manage to find the Logging Truck, or did you spend the money on the plane? One last things, hows the massive 8109 coming along, I know you've been busing building the crane.

the shop in which i searched for the logging truck, has often the new sets before the official release. But yesterday it was too early for the 9397 logging truck and the shop doesnt have it. So i took the jet.

in case of the 8109 XL iam fighting currently with LDD to find out which parts i need

6821832553_5bd331f8b8.jpg

LDDScreenShot3 von efferman auf Flickr

Oh, something similar to the concept you made in post #104? I think that will work nicely, and it's an awesome invention, if it's classes as one.

yes it will work in combination with the load sensed height regulation. the moving flatbed will activate a valve which is powering the airsuspension. in "ride" position it sends the air to the bottom of the cylinders. in "load"unload" position the air will send to the piston rod connections of the cylinders. because the load sensing valves havo no powering, the chassis could fall down. if the flatbed is in drive position again, the airsuspension will lift the truck to rideheight.