tho stand on it :look::grin::laugh::sweet::tongue::sarcasm_hmpf:

hm, no

6726939219_46edc96698.jpg

i think 4 Kg per axle should be enough, but the frontaxle must be stronger, it must hold the whole Cab alone.

Sorry for the stupid thing I say, so ^^. I thought the perpendicular cross axle ( of the connector) would break under heavy load ( but maybe it will arrive after stay some time mounted).

I have to ask out of curiousity but are you gonna add a inter axle differential for the rear drive axles? your scale would be big enough I would think making it lockable though would be another story.

Sweet Mammoth Batman! What are you going to move, a house? That is huge!

only my unimog and some ideas.

Sorry for the possible confusion effe but the inter axle differential aka I.A.D. is a differential that allows the rear axles to spin at different rates its a feature on most modern american big rigs it allows the front back an back back axle to spin at different speeds (kinda like a central differential on a AWD) Might be overkill for a lego model but thought it be something interesting to see. Another question seeing how massive the axles are I wonder if your gonna make a huge box trailer for that beast to tow about.

Oh an possibly for the front axle you could use the unimog portal hub assembly's with 3 long beams an a few 2x4stud lift arms against the beams to help with rigidity.

Not the best images i could find but here ya go

http://meritor.com/_layouts/images/arvinmeritor/header_customer_na14x_tall.jpg

My link

Edited by T_Tank

... it allows the front back an back back axle to spin at different speeds ...

Why is it necessary that front back an back back axle are spinning at different speeds? I don't see the point.

i think i must explain your picture with two other pictures

The first picture shows the typical Lego Differential setup. All power must through the first diff and the driveshaft is rotating in two different directions and changes two times its speed before it reaches the second diff. in my eyes this generates a powerloss on the second driveaxle. even if the second picture looks like would be there a third diff, i dont think that it is one.

6730065901_c16be1aa64.jpg

This is the setup in your picture. The drivesaft rotates in one speed and direction and delivers 100percent of power to both axles.

6730065995_9c9649d333.jpg

Edited by efferman

But on the second model, you will have lot of play due to joints (maybe more than the solution with no joints but as you told : less friction). Also, the U-joint is not a CV. What I do for the big axle under load is to reduce the amount of play and Ujoin. That's why I use standard axle with 16/16. On the second solution, remove the U-join avec put an axle, then 16/16 to drive the right axle. I hope that it helps you ! I likes you creations !

I love it so far Effe.

As already said there is no need for a diff between the axles. On each axle the wheel on each side can turn at a different speed to the one on the opposite side of the axle and as such ALL four wheels can be turning at different speeds.

It is hard to tell from your picture if your setup does this but bogie drive trucks have a system that allows the axles to step a little sideways when they turn to help limit the amount of screwing done to the tyres. If you watch the rear wheels particularly on a front lift garbage truck turning in a tight area you can see this.

Look forward to seeing it grow.

cheers

Surly

A axle which can move sideways is not good for a save driving, so i think what you have seen was a steering axle

UsershanDesktopeconic_picschassiseconic_mid_and_rear_steer_465x245.jpg

As already said there is no need for a diff between the axles. On each axle the wheel on each side can turn at a different speed to the one on the opposite side of the axle and as such ALL four wheels can be turning at different speeds.

While it is true that all 4 wheels can turn at different speeds, there is still an imposed relationship between them. The average speed of the wheels on one axle will have to be the same as the average speed of the wheels on the other axle if there is not inter-axle differential. Because the rotation center of the truck could be closer to one axle than the other, it is important to allow these averages to be different, which is the purpose of the IAD.

While it is true that all 4 wheels can turn at different speeds, there is still an imposed relationship between them. The average speed of the wheels on one axle will have to be the same as the average speed of the wheels on the other axle if there is not inter-axle differential. Because the rotation center of the truck could be closer to one axle than the other, it is important to allow these averages to be different, which is the purpose of the IAD.

Exactly!

So Effe is this gonna be a cab over styled truck like a scania or more along the lines of a American conventional? I think a international lone star would look rather awsome in technic http://image.trucktrend.com/f/videos/video-find-the-ins-and-outs-of-the-international-lonestar/17874426/international-lonestar-class-8-tractor-front-view.jpg

It's a very special axl that T_Tank posted. I have never ever seen this.

On the left side he has disc brakes and on the right side there a drum brakes fitted.

Blakbird, that is a interesting theorie. its worth to think some time over it.

T-Tank, a american conventional was not my intention, the tires are too small :laugh: in relationship to a normal tractor unit tire. I dont know whats the standard tire size (outer diameter in cm)in the United States is, but in europe a normal Truck tire has a diameter of 104cm. The 8110 tires have in my scale a diameter of 95cm, so it will look like this Jumbo

schuette_lkw.jpg

iam not sure with the cab, but i guess i will Try a Daf XF 105 super space Cab or a MAN TGX XL

Henkl, i think it is only to make the options visible.

Edited by efferman

Just saying, some guys make HUGE things. Efferman, I order you to make HUGER things!!

Ya, those are all power puller wheels.

img_4373.jpg

Here is a link to Steen's BS.

Edited by sama

iam only buildng so big because it gives me the possibility to try some things, which are in smaller scales not possible. And ignoring realistic borders, like in the car transporter, is not my thing.

sorry, it is correct that the car transporter has not a working steering wheel? that is a must have for everything what is not a rock crawler

look at the steering wheel

edit:

iam ready with the redesign of my 9395 RC mod. It is hardly to believe what it is neccessary to hide the receivers, but it looks much better now.

6741861751_d859699722.jpg

6741862137_17f139cf0e.jpg

6741862515_33c6bc8888.jpg

Edited by efferman