Rufus

10230: Mini Modulars Discussion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

10230 Mini Modulars

Ages 12+. 1,356 pieces.

US $79.99 CA $99.99 DE 69.99 € UK 59.99 £ DK 649.00 DKK AU $119.99

Available only to our LEGO® VIP Program Members, this exclusive mini modulars set is an authentic miniature representation of the first 5 buildings in the Modular Building series: Café Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. Featuring highly detailed design, each building can be displayed as a stand alone piece or connected to the others buildings in the set. The mini Café Corner includes details like a fan above the doorway and printed hotel signage, while the mini Market Street includes transparent bricks and a unique brick construction. The quaint mini Green Grocer also features transparent bricks and a fire escape at the rear, while the mini Fire Brigade includes a brick bell and white arch wall elements. Finally, the mini Grand Emporium has a rooftop sign, skylight and window washing platform. With fantastic detailing and a huge variety of elements in a range of rich colors, this exclusive mini modulars set is the perfect addition to every VIP Member's collection.

• Exclusively available to LEGO® VIP Members!
  • Authentic miniature representation of first 5 Modular Buildings: Café Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium!
  • Each building can be displayed individually or connected to the other buildings in the set!
  • All buildings feature fantastic detailing and a wide variety of elements and colors!
  • Completed model measures over 5" (14.5 cm) tall, 12" (32 cm) long and 2.5" (6.5 cm) wide!
  • Each individual building measures 2.5" (6.5 cm) long and 2.5" (6.5 cm) wide!

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning January 2012 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

10230_back_002.jpg

10230_1TO1.jpg

10230_back_001.jpg

10230_back_003.jpg

10230_back_004.jpg

10230_back_005.jpg

10230_front_001.jpg

10230_front_side.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on them. The detailing on these is fantastic.

Edited by Brickus

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan. Sure, they look good and it's a good source of pieces, I just don't see this worthy of my $100. I'd rather save more and get a real modular building. :grin:

Oh my word, love these! I haven't bought any of the modulars (too expensive for me and I don't know that I can justify spending that much on a LEGO set), but this might be my way to get my hands on the modulars... in mini version!

Love! :wub:

Oh, nice with official Hi-res pictures. They really look well designed considered the scale. The small scale should also give us many small useful parts. I'll look forward to see a part list.

As I said in the other topic, I can understand why it's an VIP exclusive since it would be hard to sell this set to anyone except those who has already found the salvation of the brick. :innocent2:

I agree with Prateek, while these would look great as a display piece, I can't spent $80 on this when I can get sets like the MMV for just 20 more.

They really look good though, very recognizable and I love all the cute converted submodels like the window washer and ice cream cart. :blush:

Jamie Berard with the 10230 Mini Modulars

What is that orange part? I saw it was in the inventory list photo you provided too, Eiker, but I couldn't make out what it was.

This is most excellent. It reminds me of this and the many similar MOCs that have emerged, but at an even smaller scale (1:4 instead of 1:2).

Of course, the disadvantage to 1:4 rather than 1:2 scale is that 1:2 scale would make it easier to populate this set with microfigs. Also, 1:4 scale requires some proportions to be incredibly skewed, but that's part of what gives this set its charm.

On one hand, I'm disappointed that the Pet Shop isn't included. On the other, it leaves freedom for us MOCists to make our own, as well as the possibility that there might be an "expansion" to this with the Pet Shop and future modular buildings. I had been trying to make a 1:2 scale pet shop myself on LDD; this gives me an additional challenge. :devil:

This set also has a bunch of BIONICLE Barraki eyes in Transparent Yellow, which had previously only been available in the Lunar Command game. So this may be many US buyers' first chance to get those! Of course, this one's only available to VIP members, but I'm sure this will cause a great number of people to become a part of the VIP program who weren't before!

I wonder whether the Hotel sign is printed or stickered? A printed one might not be all that versatile, since the letters have the same odd proportions as the brickbuilt nature of the full-sized sign forced the original Cafe Corner set to have. On the other hand, I'm sure many AFOLs would love a printed sign, if only for the sheer novelty of having such wonderful brick art immortalized as a single piece.

Also neat to see Market Street included. A lot of times it doesn't seem to be counted among the modular buildings since it was a Factory set, and I guess some AFOLs considered it sub-par. But I guess now it finally is being credited by TLG as an official modular building!

EDIT: And Etzel, the orange piece in that picture seems to be the new brick separator that was also seen in Bricks & More sets in the leaked 2012 retailer's catalog!

Edited by Aanchir

I see you already had the announcement ready to go :sweet:. And yes, it's a printed tile for the hotel sign, but as far as I could see, it's 1x6, not 1x5.

the orange part is the new brick separator.

That is totally awesome! I'm so getting it. The real ones are way to expensive for me to get so this is a great alternative! :thumbup:

Well it's cute at least, though the bell-tower for the fire station looks out of proportion with it's lower and top halves. :look:

I would have prefered another new modular instead of this......you can't tell they have run out of ideas already ? :blush:

Now this is an awesome set. When I saw the picture I really thought this was a MOC. It's that good *oh2*

And it makes the modulars a lot more affordable. Really, love this one! :thumbup:

They look pretty good and could be used as buildings in a distance on a layout. Definitely more affordable than 5 individual modular building sets.

406484064.jpg

Jamie Berard with the 10230 Mini Modulars

video at the LEGO video at Bambuser live video (not live anymore)

We had to wait some minutes before Jamie started the presentation.

This orange part is a brick which helps connecting bricks. I don't know who use this but it has got grey version also.

Wow, those look great! They're still instantly recognisable in this scale.

It would also be a nice display piece along with the sets themselves. :classic:

Beautiful! That is a definite must have! :sweet:

Definitely a must have but, like 'prateek' stated "not worth my 100 dollars". For me $79.99 seems a bit high for 1300+ small pieces. I will have to give this one some time to simmer default_classic.gif