Ricecracker

Inspiration Thread - Vehicles

Post your vehicular inspiration here. Please follow the guidelines laid out in the Q&A thread. Keep your discussion in the Discussion thread.

Do not include pictures of your MOCs here. Links are fine.

Anything not following the guidelines will be deleted or moved to the discussion thread.

When it comes to MOCcing, most of my inspiration comes from Lego sets. As a purist, I tend to keep my vehicles similar to those already on the road. I've built more variations of the 4x4 from set 6334, Wave Jump Racers, than any other vehicle. Its very cheap and simple to reproduce with some room to add some custom touches. As I build my extra piece stockpile I will move to the modern 4 & 6 wide build style. <br><br>My first actual serious MOC I built was a M35 Deuce. I used to drive a M35 Tanker when I worked on a coal yard. <br>I love these trucks. They are cheap, reliable, and can be modified into monsters! Even the stock ones are solid beasts but, this is what mine is based off default_classic.gif

400Porsche1.jpg

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Speaking of heavy transports..I too based my recent MOC on extra heavy duty transports, I particularly love European heavy hauler such as the bonneted Scania T-series totting 150 tons of load :grin:

pd2402605.jpg

ts.jpg

Edited by Ricecracker

For those who like small fire trucks....

trucks-Dsc_8655.jpg

How about an ambulance.....

South%20Australia-Ambulance-New-www.ambulancevisibility.com-CFS%20Promotions%20Unit.jpg

NETS%20Sportswagon-Neonatal%20transfer-Reflective%20fluorescent%20markings-John%20Killeen-Ambulance%20Visibility-www.ambulancevisibility.com.jpg

This last one is from New South Wales not South Australia.

The TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) runs the only Unimog I've ever seen in Canada as a maintenance vehicle for a rapid transit line. It is equipped with a snowblower, crane and dump bed, and is also a hi-railer.

6194139496_002cc296f4.jpg

TTC Unimog by Ricecracker., on Flickr

This is a vacuum truck on a Sterling chassis. I especially like the colour scheme.

6193626899_31006e0c68.jpg

Sterling Vac Truck by Ricecracker., on Flickr

Renault20Avantime2001.jpg

Renault Avantime

Funny enough...I was just thinking of making this car in LEGO.....

Great minds think alike...

Funny enough...I was just thinking of making this car in LEGO.....

Great minds think alike...

Being American, we get deprived of quirky French cars such as this, but I've always had a weird fascination with them, particularly Citroëns, though I also have a strange love for the Avantime. I blame Top Gear lol.

Being American, we get deprived of quirky French cars such as this, but I've always had a weird fascination with them, particularly Citroëns, though I also have a strange love for the Avantime. I blame Top Gear lol.

The Renault Avantime is my favourite car! The first time I saw it at the "mondiale de l'automobile", Paris, 2000, I literraly fell in love with it!

If you like Citroën, and you want a toyish car, have a look at mine, in the same colours (which add a lot to the big toy aspect!) :

the C3 Picasso :

00955820-e933-11dd-b223-2d0fae5dd6bf.jpg

We have the Lime LEGO colour to make it...

I live in America, and some of these designs seem very interesting, mostly never even seen them.

I might need to try and brick build a couple of them. :wink: