RedGiant

MOC: A block of LEGO.

indexed.gif B-OM-8B

Hi!

Here are some pictures of my first block in my new town.

Please don´t hesitate with any comments, questions or criticisms... :classic:

(More and bigger pictures can be found at my flickr.)

post-7438-131680674197.jpg

post-7438-131680731184.jpg

post-7438-131680732651.jpg

Edited by RedGiant

A very impressive and fantastically built run-down part of a city, your pavement with drains a huge :thumbup: and there appears a lot of activity going on - another :thumbup: ! :grin:

Great work 'RedGiant' and Brick On ! :grin:

First, welcome to EB! Next, excellent city block 'RedGiant'. I love the details you put in this display, especially the exposed brick on the white building. It seems that you are experienced with Lego. Very well done default_classic.gif

Fantastic details although I'm not a fan of tiled sidewalks. The Jamaican(?) flag in the back window is a great touch.

Edited by tedbeard

This is your new town, and already the decay has set in? :)

Great-looking buildings. I love the weathering touches and all the things going on, like the kid with the SW mask. Nice!

Oh, and I just had to add: The sports/memorabilia shop is a really good idea. And that narrow gray building in between the two others is also a great touch.

Edited by L@go

You have some magnificent details all around your MOC (kids playing with star wars helmets, A/C pipes, the exposed red bricks, so how) :thumbup:

All together, including the buildings architecture, give a very realistic and dynamic MOC, just the way I like it.

Great job and build more like these :wink:

Wow, that looks very realistic. An interesting change from the normal, "cleaner" look of buildings. Great work. :classic:

Thank you all for your kind comments! :blush:

Fantastic details although I'm not a fan of tiled sidewalks. The Jamaican(?) flag in the back window is a great touch.

What do you have against tiled sidewalks? :classic:

The "Jamaican flag" is actually a "rastafari venetian blind"... :sweet::classic:

The exposed brick is fantastic - a really great detail to add. I also like the boarded up window; it really adds to the scene that you've created. The small details really add to the build, such as the blinds in the window, the rubbish, the items in the shop window, the detail in the thin building, the machinery on the back of the buildings...and also, all of the small stories of the characters - the busker, the delivery man, the punk with his letter etc.

It's fabulous - I've been looking at it for ages trying to take it all in.

Agreeing with the others, these are really great buildings with lots of great details in this not-so-shiny-clean look. :thumbup:

Thank´s again for your comments! You are all too kind! :classic:

Every time I look at this I see a new detail I overlooked before. Excellent work, and I can't wait to see more from you. Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

Oh my... :blush::sweet:

Thank you!

The title of this thread is slightly misleading, you know? :tongue: The description helped me realize what this was about luckily enough! :classic:

Your town block is certainly different from what we see most of the time. Most town designs seem to be idealized and slightly Utopian. Apart from being very realistic and full of detail and life, your design takes a different, more realistic approach. It's oustanding, and I can only thank you for sharing, because I have no criticisms or suggestions! Keep up the good work! :thumbup: Can't wait to see more of your town. :classic:

All I can say is WOW to the white building, great job! I love it! Hopefully this will be the first of many blocks.

Amazing houses, the weathering is excellent.

Also the backyard is very realistic.

Well done.

This is really cool. I love how you did the white building making the brick show through.

I also love the back of the buildings with all the "junk" :laugh:

I love it

Charlie