BaronSat

Puerto Brico

Yes and there a guy from far east to (see the black turban). I also planned to ad a chinese she pirate but finally she didn't found a place?
i have had this happen too BSat. for GUNSLIGNERS SALOON i had one extra female fig designed and two other bandit/gamblers. and for HAUNTED PASS i had three alternate designs for the wandering cowboys... i just wish i could have included them all !!!

but on the bright side of things... at least we had alternate choices. means we had creative decisions to make... which sometimes means sacraficing things to achieve the best artistic results.

if i must say so myself... i think we made good choices ;-)

:-D :-D :-D

(NOTE: above statment is the pretentious artist in me ;-) )

- BrickMiner

I think Phes is refering to the dark skinned man holding the crab in the rowboat, not the guy on the bridge with the turban.

Yes I understood that, I just mentioned there was also an "Indian" guy.

Baron Sat, do you ship your models in one peice or do you go through the chore of making instructions? Or do you sell it glued? (well mabey not the minifigs)

I sold my first models built, but since 2 years I sale them unbuild with instructions. Why do you think I modelise them with MLCAD and make renders, hm?

Nobody asked me a glued model but if that happened I would glue it, no problem. As I wrote some treads ago I'm a brick mercenary, so nothing is impossible as long as you can pay the bounty. |-/

I will!

Kid!

The render for the last part with more lighting study.

It's not complete as the row boat doesn't exist as .dat part.

Anyway.

PuertoBrico2_Rendering.jpg

BTW to avoid posting many times following :

i have had this happen too BSat. for GUNSLIGNERS SALOON i had one extra female fig designed and two other bandit/gamblers. and for HAUNTED PASS i had three alternate designs for the wandering cowboys... i just wish i could have included them all !!!

That's strange how some parts, sub assemblies or minifig can't find place in a model??? Some writers say that their characters have their own life and finally they just have to write the story!!! It's something similar I think.

but on the bright side of things... at least we had alternate choices. means we had creative decisions to make... which sometimes means sacraficing things to achieve the best artistic results.

Sacrificing is the right word. Details, colors, forms that don't fit the model and sometimes accessories. For Puerto Brico bedroom I first build a pirate bed that was really a nice piece, with lot of details but it was so big that it take all the room and push the roof... so I had some make it smaller and my heart cried *sad*

if i must say so myself... i think we made good choices.

Let's hope so. ;-)

(NOTE: above statment is the pretentious artist in me ;-) )

- BrickMiner

Speaking of work isn't pretentious, we must just avoid to be boring. :-D

if i must say so myself... i think we made good choices ;-)

Kinda like editing a movie and having to chop out some of your favourite scenes... But if its going to improve the overall piece the sacrifice should be made!

Hi! i'm new! But anyway Great job! I've read this forum and now i've decided to join you all!

Hi there Norrington! Welcome! Welcome! Loved you in the movies! So how'd you find us?

Hi! i'm new! But anyway Great job! I've read this forum and now i've decided to join you all!

Welcome Mr. Norrington to Eurobricks! The render looks great Baronsat!

Why on earth would anyone fancy Norrington? I only remember him as the arrogant, ignorant commodore of the British navy that was outsmarted by Jack Sparrow. Also, his overdone politeness towards Miss Swan about what a fine woman she was made me rather sick. *wacko*

welcome to the pirate world Commodore :-) Lets hunt down some pirates :-D

Why on earth would anyone fancy Norrington? I only remember him as the arrogant, ignorant commodore of the British navy that was outsmarted by Jack Sparrow. Also, his overdone politeness towards Miss Swan about what a fine woman she was made me rather sick. *wacko*

Hi Jamtf. dont scare him off 8-| I also think he's a good guy. he's just a normal english gentleman.

In the first movie he fought bravely and never gave up. *y*

Welcome commodore, I hope you have a great time here at EB

He is okay in the second movie, although he needs a shave....

welcome to the pirate world Commodore :-) Lets hunt down some pirates :-D

Hi Jamtf. dont scare him off 8-| I also think he's a good guy. he's just a normal english gentleman.

In the first movie he fought bravely and never gave up. *y*

No intention on my part to scare him off. He should feel welcome at any time.

It is just that I fancy pirates over soldiers, in other words, I sympathize with captain Jack and dislike those navy soldiers. Same with Lego, the pirate sets are in my opnion way better than the soldier sets. Imperial Trading Post however is an exception but that has pirate and merchant figs in it as well.

As a matter of fact, I am currently playing a pirate / merchant computer game called Port Royale 2. It is quite good and it has that typical imperial atmosphere.

By the way, I am getting way off topic with this.

No intention on my part to scare him off. He should feel welcome at any time.

It is just that I fancy pirates over soldiers, in other words, I sympathize with captain Jack and dislike those navy soldiers. Same with Lego, the pirate sets are in my opnion way better than the soldier sets. Imperial Trading Post however is an exception but that has pirate and merchant figs in it as well.

As a matter of fact, I am currently playing a pirate / merchant computer game called Port Royale 2. It is quite good and it has that typical imperial atmosphere.

By the way, I am getting way off topic with this.

Actually most really good Soldiers/Sailors from the Colonial era would be considered Pirates by thier enemies. Look at Sir Francis Drake who was considered a hero to the English and a pirate by the Spanish, sometimes its just your point of view.

Ok we're going waaaaaaay off topic here, further clarify Mr Morse's statement: Sir Francis Drake was an English privateer which basically meant he had a contract with England to commit acts of piracy against other nations. However, in the eyes of the other nations he would be considered a no good stinkin pirate!

Since this thread appears to be at the end of its days I was wondering if BaronSat could be so kind as to upload our promotional images (and anyone else reading) to his Pirate Brickshelf folders, or since he is exceptionally talented he can design his own. Just bare in mind the first image below starts with quadrupel zero and therefore will be the first file in the Brickshelf folder thus making it the folder's thumbnail, I recommend renaming it without the zeros to prevent this from happening.

0000_pirateforum-brickshelf.jpg

_pirate-forum-brickshelf.jpg

And folks, remember to support Brickshelf by clicking on their advertisement links. Sure its annoying spending 10 seconds doing this but its 10 seconds well spent considering you're supporting a free service that may die without your support.

Here's a tip. Right click on the link and depending on the browser select "Open in New Window" or "Open in New Tab" or "Open in Background Tab". This way the advertisement can't load into the browser window you want to view the Brickshelf Folder with.

Since this thread appears to be at the end of its days

As I have nothing more to show...

I'll have more to say (and maybe ask) when I'll put this model on sale. but that will be for a new tread.

I was wondering if BaronSat could be so kind as to upload our promotional images (and anyone else reading) to his Pirate Brickshelf folders,

Done, I choose the blue one. I'm waiting moderation.

... or since he is exceptionally talented he can design his own.

Good try :-D

Your banner are cool so I don't need to make one. But for other things to do I'm still ok.

My banners are rushed jobs... All graphics I've done for Eurobricks are rush jobs... The only one I'm actually pleased with is the background water texture... But that already existed after I worked on it for hours in the past and for the Pirate Skin I merely made it look tropical...