danthaman11

MOC - 7 Wide S2000 Roadster

indexed.gif L-LV-34D

I wanted to share my latest car design. A few weeks back I saw another forum member share a very nice 4 stud Honda S2000 in part of their MOC. I drive a S2000 in real life so I decided to try and make my own S2000 inspired roadster. The car is 7 wide and seats 2 minifigs. So far I have made the car in red, yellow and dark blue. I plan on doing some other colors in the future. This is the lowest 7 stud car I have made, the hood height is the same height as the top of the hood of the 4 stud yellow sports car from 8404 public transport. Thanks for looking.

GroupS20001A.jpg

DarkBlueS20002A.jpg

DarkBlueS20003A.jpg

DarkBlueS20004A.jpg

DarkBlueS20005A.jpg

DarkBlueS20009A.jpg

RedS20002A.jpg

RedS20003A.jpg

RedS20004A.jpg

RedS20005A.jpg

RedS20009A.jpg

YellowS20002A.jpg

YellowS20003A.jpg

YellowS20004A.jpg

YellowS20005A.jpg

YellowS20009A.jpg

Edited by Phred

I love them :wub: .....TOTALLY AWESOME sports cars.....oh, now that makes me want to try a design myself. :excited:

Brick On and Drive On 'danthaman11' :grin:

Great job, I'm a bug fan of the S2K and this is a great attempt at one. It wouldn't be a stretch to turn one of these into a dodge viper.

I love them :wub: .....TOTALLY AWESOME sports cars.....oh, now that makes me want to try a design myself. :excited:

Brick On and Drive On 'danthaman11' :grin:

Thanks lightningtinger. You should definately try to make your own design.

Great job, I'm a bug fan of the S2K and this is a great attempt at one. It wouldn't be a stretch to turn one of these into a dodge viper.

Thanks bootz.

Nice !

Thanks jth781.

Another fine 7 wide sports car 'danthaman'. You really got as close the S2000 look as you can with Lego. Excellent job default_classic.gif

Thanks Leg Godt Gud.

Brilliant job. This would make an awesome gift for a friend of mine (He owned an S2000) - I may give this build a shot in LDD if you dont' mind :)

*EDIT - the Blue is awesome. Is it a dark/navy blue?*

Edited by Danpb

Very nice. :thumbup: The proportions are awesome. I wish I could design something like that.

Brilliant job. This would make an awesome gift for a friend of mine (He owned an S2000) - I may give this build a shot in LDD if you dont' mind :)

*EDIT - the Blue is awesome. Is it a dark/navy blue?*

Thanks Danpb. Feel free to try and build your own version in LDD. The blue version is a dark/navy blue, I believe Lego officially calls it earth blue. It is one of my favorite Lego colors, everytime I build a car I always see if I can make it in dark blue but it can be a challenge due to less parts being available in that color.

Very nice. :thumbup: The proportions are awesome. I wish I could design something like that.

Thanks for the kind comments EROL.

Being a long time fan and having owned a MY06 in the past I know this car well and this lego renditions look faithful and recognisable to the original.

The proportions are good, the length of the bonnet which is long is bang on and the low height profile is great, i like the detailing how you used the single round stud on the boot to represent the 'H' emblem.

Will be keen to have a go at one of these once i have my modular buildings up, got me all excited, awesome work! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That's frickin cool. I've always loved the S2000 but honda was not thinking of tall people when they made it.

I think that is a great rendition, and the fact that minifigs can fit in it just makes it that much better.

Any chance you have instructions do we can make our own?

Being a long time fan and having owned a MY06 in the past I know this car well and this lego renditions look faithful and recognisable to the original.

The proportions are good, the length of the bonnet which is long is bang on and the low height profile is great, i like the detailing how you used the single round stud on the boot to represent the 'H' emblem.

Will be keen to have a go at one of these once i have my modular buildings up, got me all excited, awesome work! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the kind comments Brickmamba. Good to hear that a former s2000 owner can see the resemblance. I'm glad you are excited to work on your own.

My brother has a spoon s2000. I built my rendition of it out of LEGO a couple years ago.

I'm sure you're on s2ki.com

Nice work!

Thanks ACCURATEin. Your brother is a lucky man to have a spoon S2000. I just have a stock AP1 MY03 it's a lot of fun to drive but the spoon version's performance is at another level. I hope he lets you borrow it sometimes. s2ki.com great forum, don't spend too much time on it anymore but used to check it out a lot.

Best cars of world Lego!

Thanks Vickmackey80.

That's frickin cool. I've always loved the S2000 but honda was not thinking of tall people when they made it.

I think that is a great rendition, and the fact that minifigs can fit in it just makes it that much better.

Any chance you have instructions do we can make our own?

Thanks Big Cam. S2000 is definately not for tall people. My brother is quite tall and he always looks scrunched up when sitting in my car. Sorry I don't have any instructions. I got to learn how to use Ldraw one of the days.

Those are beautiful cars 'danthaman11'. :thumbup:

The best part is how you used the difference between the two sizes of curved slopes in the nose.

thats really nice lego s2000........would you minds share how you build it? i drive a s2000...i would love to build one like that.

thanks,

Those are awesome cars, especially your choice of color (I really love that dark blue one). And the opening doors are great! :thumbup: