Sign in to follow this  
trubal

[MOC] OJKM Johannes Casimirus Rex

thindexedgif.gif 106D

Hi!

I have finally managed to make some photos of my ship. It is a Polish frigate named Johannes Casimirus Rex after one of Polish kings from XVII century. It took me almost half a year to make it, and I still think she needs more work. But after 3month exhibition in Gdańsk I'm not gonna change anything, so here are the photos:

pict1757.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=475890

The rigging and sails are custom (and a pain in the neck), although i'm not happy with the sails at all.

There is no interior, but there will be in my next ship :)

A lot credit goes to Cpt Green Hair for his tutorial and a few helpful words. Thanx!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/trubal/MOCs/Pirate-MOCs/ORP-Jan-Kazimierz/pict1758.jpg

pict1759.jpg

pict1760.jpg

pict1761.jpg

pict1762.jpg

pict1763.jpg

pict1764.jpg

Fantastic ship you have there trubal!

The rigging looks excellent, and the color scheme you used looks great too. I have changed one of the pictures into a link, since it looks like you forgot to resize it. Feel free to add it back if it's under 800 x 600. :pir-classic:

Actually this is a rather nice ship of the "CGH-manual-class" as I would like to call it. The only thing that really annoys me are the white ropes your used for the rigging. And of course a tiled deck would be really cool too. However, these are things you could change without taking the whole thing apart, which actually would be shame as the construction itself is really great. BTW, where is your ship stationed? Gdynia, Gdansk? Gdansk in the 18th century is going to be my next moc as I really love this city :pir-sweet:

Although Gdynia did not yet exist in XVIII it is where she is anchored. The rigging is exactly in a colour i wanted :)

That's a very nice vessel. The only two things I find weird is the yellow colour of the stern - it looks as if someone started repainting the ship but did so only with a small part of it. And the reddish-brown in the middle of the hull looks out of place too - it clashes with the old brown a bit. But the rigging and the overall shape are great!

Dobra robota! :pir-classic:

Dzięki :)

The yellow colour is a cheaper substitute for pearl gold... and as i have some trouble with destinguishing colours i did not see a problem with the browns :P

I just wonder what Jack Sparrow is doing up there? Is he supposed to be a ghost or something? :pir_laugh2:

Personally I'm don't like the bright red much but as for shaping you did a great job.

Nice rigging as well, must have cost ages to set up.

I want a nice rigging on my Flying Dutchman but I don't know if I have the patience for that :pir-cry_sad:

I like everything on this ship!

It looks so cool with the bright red, I also used bright red in my MOC Den Roode Dood.

I think it took you a while didnt it?

I build it over 5months, and it took me around 2 full days to make the rigging... I finished it at 4am before the exhibition in Gdańsk :)

Nice job! I always love seeing non-English/French/Spanish stuff, and this is the first Polish MOC I've seen yet. Love the rigging and crew. Only a couple things though: I think the bow should be a bit more tapered, it seems a bit too stubby. Also, the nice stern color scheme and decals should blend a bit more with the rest. Nice job though! :pir-grin:

~Cpt. Tristan